What did the canaanites do actuall?

What did the canaanites do actuall?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by AppleChess

Genocide is abhorrent on a human level. My contention is, maybe it isn't genocide as you and I think of genocide as in say Rwanda. Please engage what I say more carefully. If you truly thought that was what I was writing then we clearly did not start off on the same level of mutual respect regarding each other's comprehension ability.[/b]
I appreciate your considered reply.

I think your statement 'Genocide is abhorrent on a human level' really is the key note, for me. As an atheist (and someone who views the bible as no more than an interesting collection of stories) i believe there is 'only' a human level, which necessarily means that i will always view genocide as abhorrent, irrespective of the circumstances. I readily accept that people who believe there is a 'higher level' may wish to explore the issue, but i am not one of those people. Genocide, murder, torture, will only ever be seen by me on a 'human level.' They are all abhorrent. They are all unjustifiable.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
i tend not to read many american, evangelical, nutjob authors for some reason. do you think i should read it? do you think this guy has his head screwed on? did you also agree when he stated obama was paving the way for satan?

edit: this is also the guy who said the 1980's would be the last decade of history as we know it.
Suzie is a freak mate I wouldn't even bother talking to her.

Z

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by AppleChess
When I find some time I'll try to respond to this further.

I would graciously (if I can say it this way) that it is intellectually blind to equate the Canaanite 'Genocide' (per your post) as analogous to torture.

This analogy is so broken on multiple points that it doesn't even fit loosely.

My simple point was [b]If you believe the Bible in it ...[text shortened]... not start off on the same level of mutual respect regarding each other's comprehension ability.
genocides become less horrible if they are committed by God?

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by redbadger
Suzie is a freak mate I wouldn't even bother talking to her.
ahem,cough,cough, robbie, cough, cough....just clearing my throat.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Yes, that makes far more sense.

Do you share a padded cell with David Icke, and are the walls painted turquoise?
Funny question. 😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
genocides become less horrible if they are committed by God?
Of course. God is the maker of mankind and has the moral right to destroy His own handiwork. 😏

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Of course. God is the maker of mankind and has the moral right to destroy His own handiwork. 😏
A mother is the maker of her child. Does she have the moral right to destroy that child, after it has been created?

Z

Moves
20 Jul 15

A mother is the maker of her child. Does she have the moral right to destroy that child, after it has been created?
they have that one covered: god is the maker of that child. when a man and woman are doing proper coitus, god can wrap a soul(his property) in meat(his property) and thus a baby(his property) is made and placed inside the mother's (also his property) uterus.

Z

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
i want to ask you something else. the genocide of the canaanites was done through the israelites at the command of god.

what exactly would you NOT do, even if god commanded you?

where would you draw the line? would you kill children if god asked you to? how many?
can you think of something, that you would rather say "send me to hell for all eternity, i cannot in good conscience do this"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jul 15

A mother is not God.

You guys really are having a quandry with the English language, aren't you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jul 15

they have that one covered: god is the maker of that child. when a man and woman are doing proper coitus, god can wrap a soul(his property) in meat(his property) and thus a baby(his property) is made and placed inside the mother's (also his property) uterus.
Nice. Aren't you glad you finished the sixth grade, now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jul 15

i want to ask you something else. the genocide of the canaanites was done through the israelites at the command of god.

where would you draw the line? would you kill children if god asked you to? how many?
can you think of something, that you would rather say "send me to hell for all eternity, i cannot in good conscience do this"?
You must wonder why people think you're not a Christian.

I mean, at least sometimes you must wonder this.

I read foolishness like this, and I have to wonder also. But what I'm wondering is why you call yourself a Christian. Christians are commanded by Christ to love God. Clearly, you don't.

Z

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Nice. Aren't you glad you finished the sixth grade, now?
i am using mocking language to mock your incredibly stupid beliefs.
no, that's not proper. santa claus is a stupid belief. to believe santa claus murders elves and still believe he is good, just because he is santa, that's psychotic

so aside from the mocking language, do you not think that god owns everything and everyone and it is right to kill us all on a whim?

Moves
20 Jul 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
A mother is not God.

You guys really are having a quandry with the English language, aren't you?
I think it is a valid parallel.

Hinds said 'God is the maker of mankind and has the moral right to destroy His own handiwork.'

Does the creator of life (be it a mother, or God himself) have the 'moral right' to destroy their creation? Or moreover, would an all loving, all forgiving God really choose to do so?

I truly believe that if God does exist he would not be pleased that people would think him capable of doing so.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jul 15

I would attempt to obey God as my ability allowed. 😏