What did the canaanites do actuall?

What did the canaanites do actuall?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Last time i did that i found seventeen pence and a furry chip.
mmmnnnn sofa chips!!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
mmmnnnn sofa chips!!
The time to worry is when you find sofa fish.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
"and never ask or seek any further "
i don't need to. as described in the bible, ie kill all men, women and children, it is the most clear case of genocide you would find. perhaps you don't know what the term genocide means? in that case i have a wonderful book you can read. it's called a dictionary.

"This question presupposes at the very least you con ...[text shortened]... good?

"Let me know if you read it as I would be happy to discuss it with you."
i will not.
Nice post.

Saved me having to respond to his nonsense.

Moves
17 Jul 15

Nice post.

Nice to see you can post nonsense too.

You atheists seem to pride yourself in calling things of sense that you disagree with nonsense.

On the contrary, AppleChess presented a very reasoned post.

I surmise his points were this-

You guys don't come to learn but rather argue

You guys are academically dishonest as you won't even touch the books he mentioned

If you guys accept the God of the Bible as the true God, notice he said 'if' then you will be hard pressed to admit he did any wrong.

But as it is, you call it nonsense.

Which in essence makes you guys ignorant posters. AppleChess seems to know more than the average Christian on here. You guys could probably actually have an interesting discussion but you guys don't come to discuss do you?

There's a term saved for your type-fool.

A

Moves
17 Jul 15

Nice post.

Interesting that you call my post nonsense yet it is a very reasoned response and isn't really my own but rather that of many men and women far more educated than me.

You think I post nonsense, eh? How about you PM moonbus and ask him how our PMs went? He and I are often opposed on our interpretations but yet he and I are amiable with each other. His last PM to me in response to me asking if he wanted to add anything to the discussion we were just starting was this, "Yes, but they were superseded by yours. I didn't have anything to add after that. Cheers, Flash"

He appears to be willing to discuss which I commend him for. I don't mean to imply I won anything or he lost or won, but rather we had a good conversation of ideas. Something most of you seem incapable of not because of intellectual conviction but because of moral predisposition.

I wish you guys would actually come to the table willing to discuss. Why do you hate Christianity so much?

D

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

A

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
My question to you would be this-'Did I publish anything that would really be considered a violation of moonbus's privacy?'

I did not publish anything substantive and nor did I publish anything personal to moonbus (identity etc). In fact, you all don't even know the topic/s that we were discussing.

If moonbus has an issue with this, then I apologize, but I certainly wouldn't have an issue with it. he chose to go to PM precisely because of posters like Ghost of Duke and others who like to muddy the waters. In fact, he gave me his private email address. Now, if I had published that, this would be another total matter.

Edit. I'd be interested in knowing if you approve of wolfgang and ghost of dukes tactics calling everything they disagree with 'nonsense'. You seem to put yourself forth as an academic. Is this not the essence of academic dishonesty. Yet, I don't see you and others condemning it, which I find very interesting....

Z

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by AppleChess
Well, I don't think the any of this is worth discussing with you as long as you think the best rendering of the 6th commandment is 'kill'.

How about you get the Hebrew right and see the word is 'murder'.

Notice you completely just brush over most of the points and still hold an anthropocentric view point. It might be good for you just as an academi ...[text shortened]... into this already believing what you were going to believe despite any evidence to the contrary.
"How about you get the Hebrew right and see the word is 'murder'"
invading a country, killing all its inhabitants to steal their land is as murder-y as it gets.

Z

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by King Tiger
Nice to see you can post nonsense too.

You atheists seem to pride yourself in calling things of sense that you disagree with nonsense.

On the contrary, AppleChess presented a very reasoned post.

I surmise his points were this-

You guys don't come to learn but rather argue

You guys are academically dishonest as you won't even touch the bo ...[text shortened]... n but you guys don't come to discuss do you?

There's a term saved for your type-[b]fool
.[/b]
"You guys don't come to learn but rather argue"
learn what? that not only children die because of diseases, natural disasters, evil men, but because sometimes, god specifically demands it?
perhaps by learning you mean "accepting the murder of children because god did it and therefore it is good?"

A

Moves
17 Jul 15

"How about you get the Hebrew right and see the word is 'murder'"
invading a country, killing all its inhabitants to steal their land is as murder-y as it gets.
You ranting is like a child. You don't even address the points and you bring up objections that have nothing to do with what I actually say. Bring some substance to the table please.

Z

Moves
17 Jul 15

Interesting that you call my post nonsense yet it is a very reasoned response and isn't really my own but rather that of many men and women far more educated than me.

You think I post nonsense, eh? How about you PM moonbus and ask him how our PMs went? He and I are often opposed on our interpretations but yet he and I are amiable with each other. His ...[text shortened]... guys would actually come to the table willing to discuss. Why do you hate Christianity so much?
"Why do you hate Christianity so much?"
he doesn't hate christianity.

he hates your brand of zealotry.

Z

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

You ranting is like a child. You don't even address the points and you bring up objections that have nothing to do with what I actually say. Bring some substance to the table please.
ad hominem.

i did address your points. they are in that post you didn't like

also, do you believe the sentence "invading a country, killing all its inhabitants to steal their land is as murder-y as it gets." is childish ranting? do you disagree with this statement?

A

Moves
17 Jul 15

"Why do you hate Christianity so much?"
he doesn't hate christianity.

he hates your brand of zealotry.
Interesting that you guys assume I'm some brand of zealotry. Have I actually given you my real opinion on the Canaanite Genocide. Answer-no!

I've hinted at it at best. But you guys have just assumed much. Which I find amusing. Like children.

Z

Moves
17 Jul 15

Interesting that you guys assume I'm some brand of zealotry. Have I actually given you my real opinion on the Canaanite Genocide. Answer-no!

I've hinted at it at best. But you guys have just assumed much. Which I find amusing. Like children.
you just presented 4 "views" on a genocide, got offended that i used "genocide" and murder and invasion to describe the canaanite genocide, submitted the idea that god can do no wrong.

so what should we think your position is, hmm?

D

Moves
17 Jul 15