1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '15 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes. Have you never read The Late, Great Planet Earth, by Hal Lindsey?
    i tend not to read many american, evangelical, nutjob authors for some reason. do you think i should read it? do you think this guy has his head screwed on? did you also agree when he stated obama was paving the way for satan?

edit: this is also the guy who said the 1980's would be the last decade of history as we know it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '15 17:552 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i tend not to read many american, evangelical, nutjob authors for some reason. do you think i should read it? do you think this guy has his head screwed on? did you also agree when he stated obama was paving the way for satan?

edit: this is also the guy who said the 1980's would be the last decade of history as we know it.
    Well, that's true. How many cell phones were there in 1980? How many flat screen TV's? It's not the same place any more. When was the last time you saw a CRT TV? Other than that, he is a dispensationalist nut job🙂

No doubt, his reference to 1980 and beyond is tied up with yet another date for the end days, Oh by the way, You all should donate your homes to me so I can ready you for the promised land......
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '15 21:46
    Originally posted by Agerg
    "End Times" (quotes important here) is indeed a stupid idea ... it bears the official Harold Camping seal of stupidity ©.

You are aware only of the silly astronomers then!
    Give me a quote of a mordern astronomer that says this world of the Sun, moon, and Earth will last forever. 😏
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Jul '15 22:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Give me a quote of a mordern astronomer that says this world of the Sun, moon, and Earth will last forever. 😏
    "End Times" no more relates to the expiration of the universe than "virgin birth" relates to the birth of any new human (virgin trivially).

You are purposely conflating two different notions.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '15 23:55
    "End Times" no more relates to the expiration of the universe than "virgin birth" relates to the birth of any new human (virgin trivially).

You are purposely conflating two different notions.
    But the distinctions between the two are superficial. It is basically the timing and how it is brought about that is different. They are still "End Times" to come.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 00:07
    But the distinctions between the two are superficial. It is basically the timing and how it is brought about that is different. They are still "End Times" to come.
    But then by the same token you could say that the difference between the Christian notion of virgin birth and the birth of any old human are also purely superficial, it is basically the frequency and how they came to be that is different.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 00:11
    But then by the same token you could say that the difference between the Christian notion of virgin birth and the birth of any old human are also purely superficial, it is basically the frequency and how they came to be that is different.
    Yes, you could say that. 😏
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 00:35
    Yes, you could say that. 😏
    So I have cheapened one of the core principals of your belief system and you don't have any issue with it.

Fair enough!
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 00:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, that's true. How many cell phones were there in 1980? How many flat screen TV's? It's not the same place any more. When was the last time you saw a CRT TV? Other than that, he is a dispensationalist nut job🙂

No doubt, his reference to 1980 and beyond is tied up with yet another date for the end days, Oh by the way, You all should donate your homes to me so I can ready you for the promised land......
    "It's not the same place any more."

People are the same. Always have been, and always will be. That is till Jesus gets back. Then the wars will end, and no one will get away with any crime. There will be no crime. There will be peace. Just wait and see. Bet your life on it.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 00:58
    So I have cheapened one of the core principals of your belief system and you don't have any issue with it.

Fair enough!
    What are the "core principles" of your belief system?

Do you have any? Seriously!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 04:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

I'm just saying that the stuff covered in that book is mainstream Christian thought on the 'End Times'. Less so as time rolls on, it seems, the younger crowd is more likely to not really believe the Bible literally.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 04:56

Fair enough!
    No you haven't. It is all in your imagination. 😏
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 05:061 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm just saying that the stuff covered in that book is mainstream Christian thought on the 'End Times'. Less so as time rolls on, it seems, the younger crowd is more likely to not really believe the Bible literally.
    I am not of the younger generation and do not believe America and NYC is Babylon the great and the whore that rides the beast. I also do not believe Martin Luther's idea about the papacy and Rome or the rapture of the Christian church before the tribulation.

I believe the prophecies related to the end times in the old and new testaments have to do with the false religion of Islam.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 05:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    sorry about the missing y in the title.

so what did the canaanites do to be labeled evil? i am asking for specifics.

also, i would like to know what sort of evil needs 400 years to cook properly? god said to abraham that he will give him canaan, but not for 4 hundred years because the canaanites are not evil enough yet
    According to Egyptian glyphs the Israelite were outcast canaanites.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:14
    end of the solar system and end times as it is portrayed in revelations are two different things.

well, one is a thing and the other is the ravings of a senile old man

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree