1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 22:22
    Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 23:41
    Deut 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 23:42
    Mat 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 01:541 edit
    Leviticus 26-14 But if you will not listen to me and carry out all my commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. you will plant seed in the ground in vain because your enemies will eat it. I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 06:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Leviticus 26-14 But if you will not listen to me and carry out all my commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. you will plant seed ...[text shortened]... mies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.
    Sort of like a warning sign, "Danger road out" or "Poison" you get a don't do
    this or you die warning.
    Kelly
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 10:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Leviticus 26-14 But if you will not listen to me and carry out all my commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. you will plant seed ...[text shortened]... mies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.
    If one follows Micah 6:8 then it is impossible to break a commandment, or if one follows the commands of Christ it is also impossible to break a commandment.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 11:58
    Originally posted by Doward
    If one follows Micah 6:8 then it is impossible to break a commandment, or if one follows the commands of Christ it is also impossible to break a commandment.
    Yes, but none of us has met these requirements.
    That is why we need a Savior.
  8. St. Peter's
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 16:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, but none of us has met these requirements.
    That is why we need a Savior.
    I do not disagree, it is the requirement after grace has been bestowed
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 18:05
    I do not disagree, it is the requirement after grace has been bestowed
    So you are saying the verse refers to the requirements after grace
    has been bestowed; and those requirements are only
    "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 20:51
    John 6:28,29

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
  11. St. Peter's
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 00:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you are saying the verse refers to the requirements after grace
    has been bestowed; and those requirements are only
    "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
    if you do those things you cannot materially err.
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 00:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    John 6:28,29

[b]Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    [/b]
    hmmm. yes, but belief in Christ is not a passive verb, it is an action verb. Belief in Christ, out of necessity, requires us to respond to that grace imparted freely by obeying the commands of Jesus to love God and walk humbly with him, to love mercy by loving our neighbors and to honor our parents with our just and upright behavior
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 20:57
    hmmm. yes, but belief in Christ is not a passive verb, it is an action verb. Belief in Christ, out of necessity, requires us to respond to that grace imparted freely by obeying the commands of Jesus to love God and walk humbly with him, to love mercy by loving our neighbors and to honor our parents with our just and upright behavior
    This is the crux of the probem. Christians in general do not apply that meaning to the word 'belief'. They are of the opinion that 'belief' and 'to believe in Christ' means to profess this with their mouth, and not necessarily with action.

How do you counteract this idea or how do you prove that 'belief' is an action verb.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 21:48
    A great passage. I heard it at a funeral for the first time and have remembered it ever since.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 21:55
    "walk humbly with your God"? WTF? What are you guys scizophrenic or something?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree