1. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 12:54
    what does God want?

the simple answer-

devotion to the demands of our conscience rather than the demands of the outer world.

daily prayer and meditation

commitment to moral truths

devoted selfless service to ease suffering and make the world a better place.

all paths teach this

the clearest explanation of this that I have found is the Eightfold Path of Buddhism:

http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html

Buddhism seeks the impersonal, so does not really discuss God as such, but it is neither agnostic nor atheistic...

+++

Go do some volunteer work in a soup kitchen. What God wants from us becomes immediately apparent.

but not from thought or study, you have to go there and do it, feel it, right there. Then it is apparent...

here is a foodbank finder if you want to give it a shot:

http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx

God Bless...
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 12:581 edit
    What God is after, what God made the universe for, and what God wants can be seen in the last two chapters of the Bible.

Revelation chapters 21 and 22 show what God wants and what God will obtain. But much of the vision is symbolic because it is profound.

God wants a city called "New Jerusalem". And that city is headed up by Christ. And that city is a mingling of divinity and humanity.

God wants to become man and for man to become God - to meet, unite, blend.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 12:59
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    To answer the question though, God wants us to believe in His Christ.

I know you know that. I think we're saying the same thing in different ways.
    =================================

Yes. God wants man to believe in Christ.
    Then He wants man to receive Christ.

Then God wants man to be filled ...[text shortened]... nts Christ to Head up all things. He wants God in man and man in God for a union - a mingling.[/b]
    Yes.

Amazing Grace!
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 13:05
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    what does God want?

the simple answer-

devotion to the demands of our conscience rather than the demands of the outer world.

all paths teach this

the clearest explanation of this that I have found is th ...[text shortened]... f you want to give it a shot:

God Bless...
    "all paths teach this"

Not necessarily true.

"devotion to the demands of our conscience rather than the demands of the outer world.

devoted selfless service to ease suffering and make the world a better place."

These are certainly good things to do, and no one would disagree, but they can be construed to be religious acts only, and don't necessarily guarantee a relationship with God.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 13:062 edits
    Amen to amazing grace.

God wants the Uncreated Divine Person to be united with and mingled with the created humanity.

The Head of this relationship is Christ - the God-man. The Source of this relationship is the Father. And the means by which God brings about this union is the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection.

If you want to understand the Bible well first read Revelation 21 and 22. Then go back to Genesis and always keep in mind - "This city, New Jerusalem, is what it is all for. This is where everything is headed. This is the destination. This is the reason for all of God's work and activity - to produce what is seen in Revelation 21 and 22."

You keep your eyes on where it all ends up. And in this way you can better understand the Bible. To bring about this New Jerusalem is why God does everything.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 13:23
    Amen to amazing grace.

God wants the Uncreated Divine Person to be united with and mingled with the created humanity.

The Head of this relationship is Christ - the God-man. The Source of this relationship is the Father. And the means by which God brings about this union is the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death ...[text shortened]... r understand the Bible. To bring about this [b]New Jerusalem
    is why God does everything.[/b]
    "And the means by which God brings about this union is the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection."

May I humbly amend this statement my brother?

And the means by which God brings about this union is through faith in His Son and the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"And the means by which God brings about this union is the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection."

May I humbly amend this statement my brother?

And the means by which God brings about this union is through faith in His Son and the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection.[/b]
    ======================================
    And the means by which God brings about this union is through faith in His Son and the dispensing of the Holy Spirit into the people redeemedd by Christ's death and resurrection.
    =====================================

Exactly. It could be said in many ways.
    Our faith is the cooperation.

Christ makes His home in our hearts through faith.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 13:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i am nothing but a peasant, my grandfather was a coal miner and his father a ploughman

You have made assertions for which you have no basis, you have been asked twice for reasoning, you have produced nothing. Why do you make statements like, the Bible is false and then produce nothing to back it up? indeed, i wonder if you have ever perused ...[text shortened]... udice. Either make with the readies or continue to espouse nothing but unsubstantiated opinion!
    to robbie carrobie

What is wrong with you,......if i assert that a loving mercifull god, does not send people to hell, and you say there is no basis for your assertions, meaning you want to hold rock hard to believing god is sending people to hell, then you are certifiably mad.

Cant you see what your defending here, you are defending a god that burns people in hell, a god that gives a person one life only and if you dont happen to get around to becoming a christian you,ll go to hell.

Your bible doesnt even inform people that they are eternal spiritual beings, with no beginning or end, but you tell the people the opposite, and then say come to us and get saved and become immortal with jesus (they already are immortal.

Your believing in the rediculious adam, eve and the serpent story, your believing that god raised dead people, your believing moses parted the red sea, your believing god impregnated mary,....

Your bible is written by men, and compiled by men, but you lie and pretend its the word of god and it is clearly not, because the words of a perfect god, would not resemble the goobly gook that is passing as knowledge in the bible.

vishva
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 14:07
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to robbie carrobie

What is wrong with you,......if i assert that a loving mercifull god, does not send people to hell, and you say there is no basis for your assertions, meaning you want to hold rock hard to believing god is sending people to hell, then you are certifiably mad.

Cant you see what your defending here, you are defending a god that burn ...[text shortened]... ct god, would not resemble the goobly gook that is passing as knowledge in the bible.

vishva
    He is a Jehovas Wittnes. They are like that.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 14:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He is a Jehovas Wittnes. They are like that.
    to FabianFnas

But its just not Mr Carobbie, but every christian, and that amounts to one big problem

vishva
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 14:35
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to FabianFnas

But its just not Mr Carobbie, but every christian, and that amounts to one big problem

vishva
    The most christans knows the difference. Fundamentalists don't. JW culters know even less.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 15:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The most christans knows the difference. Fundamentalists don't. JW culters know even less.
    But 99% of all christians still believe in the virgin mary, believe Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later, etc.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:02
    What God is after, what God made the universe for, and what God wants can be seen in the last two chapters of the Bible.

Revelation chapters 21 and 22 show what God wants and what God will obtain. But much of the vision is symbolic because it is profound.

God wants a city called [b]"New Jerusalem"
    . And that city is headed up by Christ. And that c ...[text shortened]... y and humanity.

God wants to become man and for man to become God - to meet, unite, blend.[/b]
    If god is already omnipotent, it does not have to 'do' anything, it can snap its spiritual fingers and fix everything right now, no more 3 year old girls with cancer of the vagina, no more Pol Pots, Idi Amin, etc. Why does your 'just and loving god' allow that to go on?

Doesn't sound just or loving to me. It sounds a lot more like the Earth and all its life is just in freefall to life or die at the whim of the external forces facing the solar system and the internal ones like solar flares, asteroid hits, nearby supernovae and the like. A supernova happening within 500 light years would wipe us out and has nearly wiped out life on earth at least two times in the last 3 billion years. Oops, I forgot, the Earth is only 6000 years old. Yes, and a check is in the mail, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:041 edit
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    what does God want?

the simple answer-

all paths teach this

the clearest explanation of this that I have found is th ...[text shortened]... f you want to give it a shot:

God Bless...
    Simpler still. God needs nothing and wants nothing (by the very definition of His eternal selfhood, self awareness, self determination, omniscience, omnipotence, veracity, immutability and the absolute perfection of His divine integrity). Answer to your question as applied to human creatures is also exceedingly simple: an uncoerced 'Yes' or 'No' excercise of volition. Essence of the scheme within the bathos into which we've been purposefully dropped (to resolve the angelic conflict appeal trial) is all about His grace plan and gift for the sole purpose of reconciling depraved mankind. Only issue is what do you think of Christ.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Simpler still. God needs nothing and wants nothing (by the very definition of His eternal selfhood, self awareness, self determination, omniscience, omnipotence, veracity, immutability and the absolute perfection of His divine integrity). Answer to your question as applied to human creatures is also exceedingly simple: an uncoerced 'Yes' or 'No' he sole purpose of reconciling depraved mankind. Only issue is what do you think of Christ.[/b]
    There you go again, 'depraved mankind'. That mantra is just what religious orders want you deluded ones to think so they can exert their entirely man-made domination over other men and especially women whom they see as inferior. By they I mean the top echelons of the various modern so-called religions, christianity, Islam, Hindi and so forth.

The other problem I have here is what a real god would be doing striking out with diametrically opposed religions where wars are fought over this non-issue. A real god, assuming it was sane, would not want humans at each others throats for thousands of years based on some insane obsession. Of course, your god may be in the end, insane. That would explain a lot of humanities ills.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree