1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There you go again, 'depraved mankind'. That mantra is just what religious orders want you deluded ones to think so they can exert their entirely man-made domination over other men and especially women whom they see as inferior. By they I mean the top echelons of the various modern so-called religions, christianity, Islam, Hindi and so forth.

The other ...[text shortened]... n. Of course, your god may be in the end, insane. That would explain a lot of humanities ills.
    Dark corner knee-jerk. "There will be wars and rumors of war until I come (Second Advent)"; "The poor you will have with you always (individually/collectively since many nations will persist in getting freedom/prosperity principles/protocols dead wrong). Christianity is a viable vertical relationship. All man-made religions represent truth mixed with error and comical counterfeits.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:25
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    OK, iam back from vacation, and iam going to visit this place to inject some common sense in your discusions.

If anyone speaks goobly gook, i will let them know.

I will not argue with any goobly gook comments, but i must be hear, like it or not, to set things straight.

I exspect certain persons will boycott me, but that is no concern to me, as i ...[text shortened]... ryone has a consciousness to know right from wrong, without consulting bogus scipture.

vishva
    Sources for you knowledge?
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 18:13
    But 99% of all christians still believe in the virgin mary, believe Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later, etc.
    Let them.

It's when they say it's science I react. That kind is most often fundamentalists (including JW culters), so weak in their faith so they have to take science on their side. Until science disprove genisis, global flooding, miracles, and other religious stuff, of course. Then they react.

Science is good when it proves their point of view; satans whisper when it's not.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 19:13
    But 99% of all christians still believe in the virgin mary, believe Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later, etc.
    Actually I would put the figure somewhere between 50 and 75%.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:211 edit
    If god is already omnipotent, it does not have to 'do' anything, it can snap its spiritual fingers and fix everything right now, no more 3 year old girls with cancer of the vagina, no more Pol Pots, Idi Amin, etc. Why does your 'just and loving god' allow that to go on?

Doesn't sound just or loving to me. It sounds a lot more like the Earth and all its l ...[text shortened]... 000 years old. Yes, and a check is in the mail, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    ==================================
    If god is already omnipotent, it does not have to 'do' anything, it can snap its spiritual fingers and fix everything right now, no more 3 year old girls with cancer of the vagina, no more Pol Pots, Idi Amin, etc. Why does your 'just and loving god' allow that to go on?
    =====================================

On one hand you say God is omnipotent and doesn't have to DO anything.
    Then in the next breath you find fault that God has NOT done what you think He should have.

An inconsistent hostility is all you have here. If I try to answer you you'll only go to your next hostility until we make the rounds and come full circle.

========================================
    Doesn't sound just or loving to me.
    ========================

I bet after one year you could not turn around and find ANYTHING to thank God for. Though He has allowed you many days of happiness in spite of some problems.

I bet your hostility will not allow you to be thankful for any shelter, any health, any soundnesss of mind, any enjoyment in recreation, any friendships, any family life, any food, clothing, love, any sight of eyes, any hearing of ears, any use of limbs, or anything.

You are probably incapable of finding one solitary thing of which you could say "Well, God, at least I thank you for THIS."

Total unthankfulness and emnity you display. You harm your own humanity by setting yourself up as the accuser of God. You de-humanize yourself.

Yea, there are a lot of problems in the world. And there are also many reasons why I can stop at the end of each day and pray "Dear Father, I want to thank you at least for this. I was spared this matter. Thankyou God."

Take your macho hateful attitude and go have a beer with Christopher Hitchens. I'm sure you two could keep yourselves miserable in hostility cursing your Creator all night.

===================================
    It sounds a lot more like the Earth and all its life is just in freefall to life or die at the whim of the external forces facing the solar system and the internal ones like solar flares, asteroid hits, nearby supernovae and the like. A supernova happening within 500 light years would wipe us out and has nearly wiped out life on earth at least two times in the last 3 billion years. Oops, I forgot, the Earth is only 6000 years old. Yes, and a check is in the mail, I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    ===============================

Ooops I forgot. You're so ignorant not to realize the relationship between God's salvation of man and the health of the creation. Ooops I forgot, you know NOTHING about the restoration of creation at the revelation of the sons of God.

I want to hear from somebody else today, sonhouse, whoever you are.
    You waste my time and energy. Ooooo, the big bad macho atheist!
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In just simple terms and explinations, what does God want from us?
    Money
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:35
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Sources for you knowledge?
    Kelly
    to Kelly

The short answer is: there are 2 types of knowledge.

1 book knowledge
    2 realised knowledge

I have both, and stll learning.

vishva
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:49
    Originally posted by Diodorus Siculus
    Money
    He does? Why do you say so?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Tell me when you've sobered up, then I repeat my words again.
    to FabianFnas

OK iam sober, now your correct, but the basics are exactly the same, you wont find 10 commandments in one bible and 9 commandments in another, ( nice try, but not good enough)

And anyway, 95% of people accept the King James version.

vishva
  11. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    while it may be the case barstudd, i do not think it wise nor very Christ like to make comparisons of my God is better, bigger and stronger than your God, or my love is greater than your love etc etc

(1 Peter 2:12-17) . . .Maintain your conduct fine among the nations, that, in the thing in which they are speaking against you as evildoers, they ma ...[text shortened]... b], have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, have honor for the king.
    you just wont get it whle your analyze everything, your attempting to fit everything in with your own way thinking... Gods ways are ot your ways.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:05
    Originally posted by Diodorus Siculus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o
    Well it's not hard to see why so many like George here feels that way about religion and unfortunently God takes the blame. Man and the one behind it all, Satan, have accomplished much with turning ones away from God with perverted religious teachings and of the love of money. Just as the Bible fortold, that applies very much to our world today...2 tim 3:1-5.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 01:49
    Originally posted by barstudd
    It is Gods word and something valuable you are missing out on, but that sadly is your choice... and yeah Christians take the focus and worship from themselves and place it above on God, because God is worthy of it.
    Non-Believers take their eyes off God and put it on themselves, I was once a non-believer,...you have a free will given to you from God to make ...[text shortened]... t all the anti spiritual stuff should find its way to forum for anti spiritual talk....
    I misread you (on consideration, I thought I might have, so I deleted my post--but not quick enough). My bad.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to FabianFnas

OK iam sober, now your correct, but the basics are exactly the same, you wont find 10 commandments in one bible and 9 commandments in another, ( nice try, but not good enough)

And anyway, 95% of people accept the King James version.

vishva
    Do you really find 10 commandement, numbered and ready? I don't.
    Do you find them in the same order in different translations? I don't.

Do you really think 95% of the population of the Earth read King James version? I don't think even 95% of the Earth is christian. Of they who are, I don't think 95% cannot read English, especially the AD 1611 kind of English. And let's face it: Do you really think that translation is especially good?
    If you want to believe that 95% of the population accept King James version of the bible as the one and only, written by god and all, then this is your Religious Truth. But when you've opened your eyes, then you realize that...

By the way, ask robbie which bible he prefers...?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 04:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you really find 10 commandement, numbered and ready? I don't.
    Do you find them in the same order in different translations? I don't.

Do you really think 95% of the population of the Earth read King James version? I don't think even 95% of the Earth is christian. Of they who are, I don't think 95% cannot read English, especially the AD 1611 kind of ...[text shortened]... n this is your Religious Truth. But when you've opened your eyes, then you realize that...
    toFabianFanas

No, you misunderstood, because your reading into my statement with a fault finding attitude,.....it is clear that i meant the christians, not the population of earth.

As far as the comment about the commandments goes, its too trivial to discuss, and any way the commanments where written by moses, not god, and they where written as a cheap deception by the ruling class to control the people, with a hope the people behave themselves.

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree