What does God want?

What does God want?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Jun 10

Originally posted by duecer
this is true. yet most Christians have a core set of beliefs on which they agree, the rest is dogma unsubstantiated by scripture
Even within almost all religions they can never agree on all subjects. But there is one that does....

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
29 Jun 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Even within almost all religions they can never agree on all subjects. But there is one that does....
in the jw's if you disagree you are excommunicated (or whatever you call it) same thing goes on in cults, disagree, and you're either "reprogrammed" or kicked out.

the core belief of Christianity is the deity of Christ, the atonement for sins, and the promise of eternal life for all who believe and accept. If a group does not believe this, they can't rightly call themselves Christian...they are ...something else

F

Moves
29 Jun 10

this is true. yet most Christians have a core set of beliefs on which they agree, the rest is dogma unsubstantiated by scripture
Meaning that if the christians unite on this core set of beliefs, and define Christianity on this core, then the christian religion is very thin, very thin indeed.

If evolutionists (I don't like this label) unite on their core of beliefs then evolutionsm is very richer, very more precise. If Evolutinism was a religion, then it would be a grander religion than Christianity ever will be. However, evolutionism is not a religion. Because it is based on science, and science and religion never mix.

Now I foresee many thoughts, and a few answer to this postings, that Christianity is indeed a rich religion. Yes, every individual's religion can be rich, but then again, it's not one that every christian can agree upon.

The loudest writers of postings and fundamentalists here are Jehovas Witness. They belive that some mystical essence of the blood exists, prohibiting, by the eyes of their god, transfusions to save lives. However, this principle may be a core of their beliefs, but not the core of the Christianity as a whole. The correctness of this may be debated as much as they want, as loud as they want, but the facts remain - only a small fraction of christians agree to this, wheter JW culters agree or not.

Every dogma, but a few, is *not* shared with the majority of the christians. Anti-evolutionism is one of them.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
29 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Meaning that if the christians unite on this core set of beliefs, and define Christianity on this core, then the christian religion is very thin, very thin indeed.

If evolutionists (I don't like this label) unite on their core of beliefs then evolutionsm is very richer, very more precise. If Evolutinism was a religion, then it would be a grander religi a few, is *not* shared with the majority of the christians. Anti-evolutionism is one of them.
your logic doesn't follow. if a=b then f=y? apples and oranges as evolution is a science and not a faith

the difference between theological perspectives and an agreed upon set of core beliefs can be worlds apart.

F

Moves
29 Jun 10
1 edit

your logic doesn't follow. if a=b then f=y? apples and oranges as evolution is a science and not a faith

the difference between theological perspectives and an agreed upon set of core beliefs can be worlds apart.
I never mentionned anything about a=b or f=y, did I? If I did, please quote me on that.

Do you use science to prove a religious dogma, or what are you trying to say?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Jun 10

in the jw's if you disagree you are excommunicated (or whatever you call it) same thing goes on in cults, disagree, and you're either "reprogrammed" or kicked out.

the core belief of Christianity is the deity of Christ, the atonement for sins, and the promise of eternal life for all who believe and accept. If a group does not believe this, they can't rightly call themselves Christian...they are ...something else
So you have no idea that they did that in the early congregations that Jesus started? It's in the Bible for all to see.
And if someone disagrees, that's their option and no one has to stay or attend meetings if they don't like them.
The disfellowshipping happens if one practices a serious wrong and is not repentent and will not stop that practice. What is wrong with that? Did not Jesus tell us to keep the congregations clean? It's his rules.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
29 Jun 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So you have no idea that they did that in the early congregations that Jesus started? It's in the Bible for all to see.
And if someone disagrees, that's their option and no one has to stay or attend meetings if they don't like them.
The disfellowshipping happens if one practices a serious wrong and is not repentent and will not stop that practice. W ...[text shortened]... t is wrong with that? Did not Jesus tell us to keep the congregations clean? It's his rules.
not really sure where to start in my reply. Its almost like you didn't read my post, or you have some sort of comprehension issues

on second thought, why waste time, you've been brainwashed

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
29 Jun 10

I never mentionned anything about a=b or f=y, did I? If I did, please quote me on that.

Do you use science to prove a religious dogma, or what are you trying to say?
I made an analogy using letters instead of numbers. The point being, you are comparing science to religion, that's like comparing bacon making to pyscoanalysis

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to Kelly

The short answer is: there are 2 types of knowledge.

1 book knowledge
2 realised knowledge

I have both, and stll learning.

vishva
So I asked you for your sources for your statements, can I get them yes or no?
You have made statements that some sources by your standards "books" are
good sources, and yet you deny them too since you have also said,

"The answer to the Question is, that god wants nothing from us, except for us to live a full and happy wonderfull life, without disturbing the peace of another.

God doesnt give any rules about this, as the religious people would have us believe, and that is complete freedom, but everyone has a consciousness to know right from wrong, without consulting bogus scipture. "

Now since scriptures are "books" and you acknowledge them as a source in one
breath and deny as a source in another I can only assume you have something
else going on within just "you" that is above all the rest of us that can give us
some insight as to what is and is not a good "book". I don't quite know what that
"something" is, but you seem to know what God wants without scripture so that
would put you above not only the Bible in your own eyes, but everyone else who
does not have this knowledge you seem to have! What is it about your realised
knowledge that allows you to see the will and desire of God above that even of
scripture itself?
Kelly

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
30 Jun 10

to KellyJay

Check your msg in box please.

vishva

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jun 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to KellyJay

Check your msg in box please.

vishva
Personally, I'd prefer to keep a public discussion public; however, if you desire
to take it to mail and private I'll respect that and only respond there.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jul 10

not really sure where to start in my reply. Its almost like you didn't read my post, or you have some sort of comprehension issues

on second thought, why waste time, you've been brainwashed
No need to be rude..No one here appreciates that as I'm sure you don't either.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 Jul 10

The today's christians are even today not united. Christians will never be united.
How many religions is there under the christian umbrella? I don't know, how many christians are there?
'bout a billion.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Jul 10

to duecer

Evolution is not a science it is a faith and belief, blindly accepted by fools, who were brainwashed as kids in school.

Evolution is accepted by the less intelligent class of person, who is envious of god, and has not the capacity to perceive, that ones life is only possible by the existence of a spiritual being.

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 10

Originally posted by josephw
To answer the question though, God wants us to believe in His Christ.

I know you know that. I think we're saying the same thing in different ways.
God doessn't "want" anything. "He's" not that desperate🙂