1. Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:47
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    They evidently had a moral code and ethics or why else would they have laws ? Isn't having a reflection of the morals of a society ? If they branded theft a crime , and had punnishment for it , would that not imply that they thought theft was bad ? This is a value judgement (deciding what is right and wrong ). This implies values , a sense of morality , ...[text shortened]... arbaric people , and give them a set of devine principles that their moral compass was set to ?
    actually you can have laws without having morals because if you think that murder is bad for socioty in the fact that it degraids it then you could have no morals but think that laws are neccisary for socioty to funtion at optimum level. or you can have morals based on what is good for socioty
  2. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:48
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Do you have an argument to back up this assertion?
    I already made a run at this , bbarr . We're at "Nowheresville".
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:50
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    I already made a run at this , bbarr . We're at "Nowheresville".
    Oh, O.K. Thanks for the heads-up.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 04:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So you think the Babylonians all jumped out of a mud-puddle filled with chemical soup?
    The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling, Dj2becker. Don't you ever tire of making an idiot out of yourself?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 05:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    a few rogue Ayn Rand nuts and laissez faire capitalists.
    Hear hear! Can I get three cheers for Ayn Rand and laissez-faire capitalism? Praise Jesus!
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 08:181 edit
    The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling, Dj2becker. Don't you ever tire of making an idiot out of yourself?
    I suppose you would have a better explanation about how the Babylonians came into being?

7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 12:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 12:36
    I suppose you would have a better explanation about how the Babylonians came into being?

From Wikipedia:

(Homo Sapiens) lived from about 200 thousand years ago (TYA) to the present. Between 400,000 years ago and the second interglacial period in the Middle Pleistocene, around 250,000 years ago, the trend in cranial expansion and the elaboration of stone tool technologies developed, providing evidence for a transition from H. erectus to H. sapiens. The direct evidence suggests that there was a migration of H. erectus out of Africa, then a further speciation of H. sapiens from H. erectus in Africa. (There is little evidence that this speciation occurred elsewhere.) Then a subsequent migration within and out of Africa eventually replaced the earlier dispersed H. erectus. However, the current evidence doesn't preclude multiregional speciation, either. This is a hotly debated area in paleoanthropology. "Sapiens" means "wise" or "intelligent."

That, dj2becker, is where the Babylonians came from. They came "out of Africa" and not out of the Garden of Eden, as some abjectly misguided creationists would have us believe.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 12:451 edit
    Wow. Where did they get the 200, 000 years from? And besides, I hope you understand that this is all speculation? I mean, nobody was there 200,000 years ago to see whether it really happened. It is all assumptions which are based on more assumptions.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 12:59
    Wow. Where did they get the 200, 000 years from? And besides, I hope you understand that this is all speculation? I mean, nobody was there 200,000 years ago to see whether it really happened. It is all assumptions which are based on more assumptions.
    I can only shake my head and repeat: The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.

You know nothing, but act as though you know everything. You are truly a lost cause, dj2becker. With people like you around, I wonder how we ever managed to evolve beyond Australopithecus afarensis.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 13:03
    I can only shake my head and repeat: The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.

You know nothing, but act as though you know everything. You are truly a lost cause, dj2becker. With people like you around, I wonder how we ever managed to evolve beyond Australopithecus afarensis.
    You use the word "evolve" as if it is a fact.

Would you be so kind as to share a single shread of evidence to suggest that one specie can "evolve" into another specie?

Or can you only insult people if you have nothing else to say?
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 13:10
    You use the word "evolve" as if it is a fact.

Would you be so kind as to share a single shread of evidence to suggest that one specie can "evolve" into another specie?

Or can you only insult people if you have nothing else to say?
    I will not waste my time on lengthy posts which you'll just dismiss out of hand. My posts to you will consist entirely of stating that evolution is a fact and hurling dismissive insults at you. Creationists, like yourself, deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 13:12
    I will not waste my time on lengthy posts which you'll just dismiss out of hand. My posts to you will consist entirely of stating that evolution is a fact and hurling dismissive insults at you. Creationists, like yourself, deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation.
    Well at least you admit that you aren't being open-minded.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 13:14
    Well at least you admit that you aren't being open-minded.
    Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 13:18
    Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
    All I was asking for was for a single shread of evidence. I don't need a long post. If you fail to do even that, then I shall have to stick to my original statement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree