1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 14:08
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    All I was asking for was for a single shread of evidence. I don't need a long post. If you fail to do even that, then I shall have to stick to my original statement.
    Read the following:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Let me know when you're done.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 14:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Read the following:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Let me know when you're done.
    Wow. Interesting stuff. But tell, me can all of this evidence not also be used to support common design? Doesn't it just depend from which angle you look at it?

I quote Halitose, seeing you probably missed it:http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=26083&page=13

"Surely your mounds of data that support common descent can just as easily be used to prove common design. Its all about from which angle you look at it.

What is the mechanism for this "grand scale" evolution that still sounds very theoretical even with your so-called mounds of proof. Where in one instance has it been proven that one type of animal evolved into another.

The very fossil record that you are using as your mounds of proof, does not have a single transitional fossil. According to Darwing himself and I paraphrase, "...If my theory is to be true, there should be millions of fossils that are in the transitionary stage..."

It is from this lack of evidence that your top evolutionary scientist have formed the evolutionary theory of "puntuated equilibrium". Just brilliant! A theory to prove the existance of something by the absence of proof. Any freshman law student could rip this apart."

3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 14:48
    Wow. Interesting stuff. But tell, me can all of this evidence not also be used to support common design? Doesn't it just depend from which angle you look at it?

I quote Halitose, seeing you probably missed it:http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=26083&page=13

"Surely your mounds of data that support common descent can just as eas ...[text shortened]... ance of something by the absence of proof. Any freshman law student could rip this apart."

You didn't read that whole thing in 11 minutes.

So I repeat: Evolution is a fact and the depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:36

So I repeat: Evolution is a fact and the depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
    How can you say you got an open mind when you say evolution is a fact? as a matter of fact it is not a fact, but it is a theory. did you know that the chances of evolution are about the same as if somone dropped building lumber from space, and it falls on the ground as a house? once the odds are so great, it goes into a inpossability. I mean there are many evidence to againts evolution such as DNA, the missing links, etc. so to say evolution is a fact, is false, thats just your opionion, or a theory
  5. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:36

"Surely your mounds of data that support common descent can just as eas ...[text shortened]... ance of something by the absence of proof. Any freshman law student could rip this apart."

Your ignorance is appaling . You don't even understand the concepts you're criticising . If you took a couple of college level classes in zoology , geology , and paleontology this might all be solved . Every thread here becomes bogged down in the same 2 or 3 themes . Much the way you people bog down society . We're going to see a new renaissance in this society the day the very last one of you drinks his poisoned koolaid and gets the he11 out of the gene pool .

Evolution is fact . You and your ilk have thrown rocks at it for generations . It is alive and well and is the concensus of the educated world wide . It doesn't matter what you and your spawn in your brackish den believe . There are enough tons of evidence to build a cairn for all of christianity , with plenty to spare . Nothing will change that . You might hang on a while yet , but you'll fall by the wayside an become every bit as relevant as flat earthers and witch burners .

So rant and rave , snap at the stings like a mad dog . It suits you well . Snap at this for a while while you're at it :
    1 - In TOE , individual animals don't evolve , species evolve .
    2 - It is "Punctuated"(as in ; learn to spell you inbred dolt ) Equilibrium . And by your own "logic" , and I QUOTE - "Just brilliant! A theory to prove the existance(sp-btw again) of something by the absence of proof. Any freshman law student could rip this apart." - This is exactly what athiests/agnostics think about your silly religion . And with a rabid cretin like you as a spokesman , that's why freshman students continually rip YOUR faith and you apart .

This is why this forum is a pale shadow of what it could be . - You .

You aren't interesting enough , nor smart enough to have an arguement with . I am not stumped , I am not baffled , I am not dumb-founded when I turn away from rabble like you ; I'm bored by you . This was all settled long ago . Yet you play back the same arguements . It's like arguing with a 3 yr old over how the sunsets .

I'm going to go read a book now . I suggest you try the same .
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:53
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Your ignorance is appaling . You don't even understand the concepts you're criticising . If you took a couple of college level classes in zoology , geology , and paleontology this might all be solved . Every thread here becomes bogged down in the same 2 or 3 themes . Much the way you people bog down society . We're going to see a new renaissance in thi ...[text shortened]... r old over how the sunsets .

*Sigh* Another one that says Evolution is a fact.

Even the most respected Evoution scientist will tell you evolution is only a theory
  7. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:56
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    lol here is a good one to read "Beyond Deaths Door" or "The Afterlife Experiments" (Written by an Atheist)
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:05

Have you ever wondered why it is called the THEORY of evolution?
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:14
    You don't know what a theory is, dj2becker. Evolution, for all intents and purposes, is a fact. The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:17
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    *Sigh* Another one that says Evolution is a fact.

Even the most respected Evoution scientist will tell you evolution is only a theory
    Well I suppose they have to comfort themselves into believing it is a fact. Besides it becomes very obvious when a guy rants along to try and protect the foundation of his belief system. Especially when the entire belief system crumbles when you start shaking the foundation.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:17
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    How can you say you got an open mind when you say evolution is a fact? as a matter of fact it is not a fact, but it is a theory. did you know that the chances of evolution are about the same as if somone dropped building lumber from space, and it falls on the ground as a house? once the odds are so great, it goes into a inpossability. I mean there are man ...[text shortened]... ssing links, etc. so to say evolution is a fact, is false, thats just your opionion, or a theory
    What are the chances of you expressing a coherent thought? Slim to none? The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:24
    Well I suppose they have to comfort themselves into believing it is a fact. Besides it becomes very obvious when a guy rants along to try and protect the foundation of his belief system. Especially when the entire belief system crumbles when you start shaking the foundation.
    Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Again.

Oh, by the way...the depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:24
    What are the chances of you expressing a coherent thought? Slim to none? The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.
    The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.
    -Oscar Wilde-
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:29
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.
    -Oscar Wilde-
    Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Yet again.

I have to go to work now. I won't be able to continue this less than enlightened discussion for a while. In the meantime you creationists can insert my following response to all your subsequent posts:

Evolution is a fact. The depth of your stupidity is absolutely appalling.

Bye.
  15. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 18:341 edit
    No we don't wonder at this as we understand that the word "theory" has multiple definitions . You being stupid , do not know this and have but one definition for the word which is incorrectly applied by you to scientific contexts . In the case of the Theory of Evolution , or Newtonian theories , Theory of plate tectonics , etc ; the proper definitions are - Theory : 1 :the anaysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another . 2: the general or abstract principles of a body of facts , a science , or an art . 3: a plausable or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena . (The other definitions of "theory" go into your dim understanding of the word where it implies conjecture only .)

So the word theory is not being used according to your very limited understanding .

The first book you need to crack is a dictionary . You're really not very bright , kid .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree