1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 09:38
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Hey, dj2becker, how much of that website I recommended to you have you had a chance to read through yet? You asked me for one shred of evidence for evolution earlier today. When you dismissed the 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution I pointed out to you within 11 minutes of me posting the link, I thought maybe you were just confused or something.

I mean, si ...[text shortened]... ef system crumbles when you start shaking the foundation.[/i]

Let us know when you're done.
    Have you met dj's identical twin sister yet. the only way to tell em apart is the other one has bad-breath.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 09:42
    The purpose of life IS life . Also darwin did not coin the phrase 'survival of the fittest' it was coined by Herbert Spencer the English evolutionary sociologist. darwin would have not agreed with Spencers phrase as darwin believed evolution to be quite arbritary and not a matter of the survival of the fittest, and fittest for what??
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 09:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Hey, dj2becker, how much of that website I recommended to you have you had a chance to read through yet? You asked me for one shred of evidence for evolution earlier today. When you dismissed the 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution I pointed out to you within 11 minutes of me posting the link, I thought maybe you were just confused or something.

I mean, si ...[text shortened]... ef system crumbles when you start shaking the foundation.[/i]

Let us know when you're done.
    I browsed through your site. I did not find evidence of one transitional fossil. In order for macroevolution to be true you need millions.

All the evidence in the site can just as well be used as evidence for common design.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 11:42
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    The purpose of life IS life . Also darwin did not coin the phrase 'survival of the fittest' it was coined by Herbert Spencer the English evolutionary sociologist. darwin would have not agreed with Spencers phrase as darwin believed evolution to be quite arbritary and not a matter of the survival of the fittest, and fittest for what??
    Darwin at heart was a LaMarckian and recent lab tests (epigenetics)are showing that LaMarckian evolution was tossed out quite prematurely.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 11:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I browsed through your site. I did not find evidence of one transitional fossil. In order for macroevolution to be true you need millions.

All the evidence in the site can just as well be used as evidence for common design.
    Since you read sites of " expert" on fossils that don't even know what a fossil is, I find your opinion on fossils about on the level of stuff that people have to take off their lawns with pooper-scoopers.
    In the case of your opinions it's a sooper-dooper-blooper-pooper-scooper that's needed.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 11:58
    One thing that happens when u die is that all your current games on redpawn will timeout and your point rating will go down....arggghhh
  7. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 15:21
    Originally posted by dj2becker

No not true . When you don't summarally toss out Punctuated Equalibrium because it doesn't fit your view . Your assumptions about what TOE is about are not correct . YOU would need to have millions of transitional fossils for YOUR concept of what TOE is about for it to be true . But your concept of TOE is not the concept of TOE as accepted by modern science . You are arbitrary in what YOU accept and don't accept as proper science with no research or fact backing you up . You have barely cracked book 1 on this , yet you seem to think you are some sort of expert . You believe your opinion founded in willful ignorance counts more than 10's of thousands of hours of research by experts working in these fields for decades . Yet you want us to study every minutia of a text writen by a sun-stroked goatherd thousands of years ago . Where the rubber meets the road , you are one of the most closed minded people I've ever seen .

Now , before you pick up and throw the same stones you always throw at Punctuated Equalibrium ask yourself ; do you know what that really means . And when you say "Oh how convenient ! A little theory that explains all that away !"-with spite and contempt in your tone - THINK this instead : Maybe it's convenient because it's correct , and it fits .

If you don't want to do that , or read about what this is really all about , then you may as well just stick your fingers in your ears and go , "LALALALALALA...." at the top of your lungs , because it's about all you have left at this point .
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    16 Jul '05 16:42
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    No not true . When you don't summarally toss out Punctuated Equalibrium because it doesn't fit your view . Your assumptions about what TOE is about are not correct . YOU would need to have millions of transitional fossils for YOUR concept of what TOE is about for it to be true . But your concept of TOE is not the concept of TOE as accepted by modern sci ...[text shortened]... ALALALALA...." at the top of your lungs , because it's about all you have left at this point .
    Let's just say if you have not read The Structure of Evolutionary Theory by Stephen Jay Gould, then you are not competent to criticize the PE version of TOE. It is a quick read, only 1474 pages!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree