1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Well I dont accept that a person is an atheist because of conclusive proof they have, that God doesnt exist,.....so by default they must have some envy towards God.

vishva
    Tell me if i'm parsing this correctly:

The reasons for my atheistic views do not include a rigorous proof that your god doesn't exist, it thus necessarily follows that i envy your god???
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 12:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Tell me if i'm parsing this correctly:

The reasons for my atheistic views do not include a rigorous proof that your god doesn't exist, it thus necessarily follows that i envy your god???
    The Bhagavad Gita describes you as envious B.G. Ch16 verse 18-19. and read the pupport,

You actively preach to support atheism, and you have not one nano speck of proof that God is non existant.

A gentleman may not know of God, but he will not actively promote atheism, but he will remain neutral, because he admits he does not know.

But you are proud of your scientific learning, but without God there would be no world, or you, or anything to scientifically study.

vishva
  3. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:15
    The Bhagavad Gita describes you as envious B.G. Ch16 verse 18-19. and read the pupport,

You actively preach to support atheism, and you have not one nano speck of proof that God is non existant.

A gentleman may not know of God, but he will not actively promote atheism, but he will remain neutral, because he admits he does not know.

But you are p ...[text shortened]... but without God there would be no world, or you, or anything to scientifically study.

vishva
    Whose commentary links these verses to atheism? Or is that linkage an example of you thinking for yourself?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 19:346 edits
    Jnana yoga is the stepping stone, because when you become situated in knowledge through the process of Jnana, you realize with the knowledge youve aquired that the goal of life is to love God with pure devotion, ....and since bhakti is the path of devotion it must be the top most.

Vedanta is full of jnana, in fact the principles are so lofty that that ...[text shortened]... mension there are unlimited spiritual activities to engage in this loving relationship.

Visva
    What tradition do you follow? What do you think of Advaita? How would you characterize Brahman?
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 22:01
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    In the Holy Bible (KJ orig. ~only~) it is written "Heaven cometh not by observation, but is WITHIN you" (anyone whoso desires to seek).
    Heaven is the ACTUALITY to everything, being God IS Heaven, and there IS NO spot where HE (Our Father Mother God Good) is not, for HE IS what Life is, that being LOVE, INTELLIGENCE, STRENGTH, the defining of these wo ...[text shortened]... l be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
    Repetitive is good for all, and I feel that me being new and all is reason as to why my post was discarded. So I am going to repeat it again. And if need be after, I shall for all of you as such with no problem..

In the Holy Bible (KJ orig. ~only~) it is written "Heaven cometh not by observation, but is WITHIN you" (anyone whoso desires to seek).
    Heaven is the ACTUALITY to everything, being God IS Heaven, and there IS NO spot where HE (Our Father Mother God Good) is not, for HE IS what Life is, that being LOVE, INTELLIGENCE, STRENGTH, the defining of these words, and our ACTUAL true being is this image and this likeness...
    Hell is the past 6,000 yrs. of man's making due to sin (ignorance, which is WHY there IS darkness).. Hell is pain, sickness, disease, death, these all are qualities to it's creation, it's building , which is man's captivity, and Peter's RESPONSIBILITY to overcome it all!
    Matthew 16:1-21 (King James Version)
    18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 22:13
    Hell IS a realm that has been for 6,000 yrs. Hell began the moment the separation began with mankind and their maker..

Hell IS to be swallowed up (death swallowed up unto victory, AGAIN), setting free all souls, being ONLY in full reflection to the CREATOR of Life, and Love, being Life IS LOVE.. What cometh not by observation, but IS within all, IS Heaven, being all there ever has been, and for 6,000 yrs. we have SEPARATED our knowing this, due to our learned ignorance that has parted us from US, the TRUE US.
    In my, yours, everyone's, FATHER's, (MOTHER, representing LOVE, and Father, STRENGTH) House THERE ARE many many many Mansions (Galaxies, Universes, Realms, Dimensions)...
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 22:523 edits

But you are p ...[text shortened]... but without God there would be no world, or you, or anything to scientifically study.

vishva
    18: "Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demon becomes envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in his own body and in the bodies of others, and blasphemes against the real religion."

"19: Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life."

lmao...so I'm a frickin demon then!!! 🙄

The bad news for you vishva is that demons can be taken down by magic weapons+3 or higher. It takes +5 weapons to deal with us atheists. You'll also need the magic missile spell. 😵

*edit* oh, and you need to be lvl 13 or higher.
    Reveal Hidden Content
    feel free to correct me if my D&D lore is inaccurate btw :]
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 05:57
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What tradition do you follow? What do you think of Advaita? How would you characterize Brahman?
    I follow Gaudiya Vaisnava Sampradaya, but there are many sampradaya,s and I could follow another if i wished.

Advaita vedanta is basically an impersonal teaching by Shankara and believes that the highest truth is that we are all God (but dont know it)

It is true that the individual soul may enter into brahman (merge) if that is their desire, but its not considered the highest truth.

The highest truth is that the individual soul may have an eternal personal relationship with God ( Sri Bhagavan) and not loose its individual identity.

After death and being liberated from Maya the Advaita vedanta says that the soul looses its identity and becomes one with Braman eternally, but this is not correct.

vishva
  9. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 08:07
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Hell IS a realm that has been for 6,000 yrs. Hell began the moment the separation began with mankind and their maker..

Hell IS to be swallowed up (death swallowed up unto victory, AGAIN), setting free all souls, being ONLY in full reflection to the CREATOR of Life, and Love, being Life IS LOVE.. What cometh not by observation, but IS within all, IS ...[text shortened]... STRENGTH) House THERE ARE many many many Mansions (Galaxies, Universes, Realms, Dimensions)...
    THERE ARE many many many Mansions

Commandant Lassard? Is that really you?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 09:41
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Im just asking, learning the opinions of my fellow chess players. I believe in Heaven and Hell. I also realize that not everyone agrees with me. So what are your thoughts. I not here to debate or defend my beliefs, just good ol' curiousity.
    You're going to see God.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 21:12
    Does "WE" mean the uneducated, uninlightened, atheistic types, who are envious of God?

vishva
    That'd be me!
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 22:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That'd be me!
    Yes, but why be satisfied where you find yourself,......get involved in the spiritual quest and raise your consciouness, and live a life in truth, which will give you a peace that cant be described in words,....and the ultimate benifit will be that the cycle of birth and death will end.

vishva
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 23:14
    Yes, but why be satisfied where you find yourself,......get involved in the spiritual quest and raise your consciouness, and live a life in truth, which will give you a peace that cant be described in words,....and the ultimate benifit will be that the cycle of birth and death will end.

vishva
    amen
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:03
    I follow Gaudiya Vaisnava Sampradaya, but there are many sampradaya,s and I could follow another if i wished.

Advaita vedanta is basically an impersonal teaching by Shankara and believes that the highest truth is that we are all God (but dont know it)

It is true that the individual soul may enter into brahman (merge) if that is their desire, but its ...[text shortened]... l looses its identity and becomes one with Braman eternally, but this is not correct.

vishva
    The highest truth is that the individual soul may have an eternal personal relationship with God ( Sri Bhagavan) and not loose its individual identity...After death and being liberated from Maya the Advaita vedanta says that the soul looses its identity and becomes one with Braman eternally, but this is not correct.

Why should anyone place this belief above that of Advaita Vedanta?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]The highest truth is that the individual soul may have an eternal personal relationship with God ( Sri Bhagavan) and not loose its individual identity...After death and being liberated from Maya the Advaita vedanta says that the soul looses its identity and becomes one with Braman eternally, but this is not correct.

Why should anyone place this belief above that of Advaita Vedanta?[/b]
    Because the soul is dynamic, and not static....and relationship and activity is a desire of the soul that never ends.

Impersonal merging can be achieved but in comparison to the dynamic nature of the soul it does not ultimately forefill the soul, as does the position of relationship and lila (activity)

The part thats not correct, is that the soul that does merge with Brahman, does not stay merged eternally, because the soul yearns for relationship and ultimately departs from the Bramhan.

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree