1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:16
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Because the soul is dynamic, and not static....and relationship and activity is a desire of the soul that never ends.

Impersonal merging can be achieved but in comparison to the dynamic nature of the soul it does not ultimately forefill the soul, as does the position of relationship and lila (activity)

vishva
    Seems more likely that the desires of "relationship and activity" are brought on by ego and ultimately Maya.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:211 edit
    Because the soul is dynamic, and not static....and relationship and activity is a desire of the soul that never ends.

Impersonal merging can be achieved but in comparison to the dynamic nature of the soul it does not ultimately forefill the soul, as does the position of relationship and lila (activity)

The part thats not correct, is that the soul th ...[text shortened]... lly, because the soul yearns for relationship and ultimately departs from the Bramhan.

vishva
    I love your avatar, vishva

A very WISE serpent indeed!

No I am not claiming vishva is a serpent, WISE yes, as a serpent, as the Holy Bible says

Matthew 10:16 (King James Version)

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Amen
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 01:35
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seems more likely that the desires of "relationship and activity" are brought on by ego and ultimately Maya.
    Yes in the dream world, but in our eternal spiritual home no.

vishva
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 01:53
    Yes in the dream world, but in our eternal spiritual home no.

vishva
    That doesn't seem to make much sense. The desire to keep ones individual identity in order to have an eternal relationship is self-centered and stems from the fear of death. The ego protects the individual from this fear by way of delusion.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 04:102 edits
    That doesn't seem to make much sense. The desire to keep ones individual identity in order to have an eternal relationship is self-centered and stems from the fear of death. The ego protects the individual from this fear by way of delusion.
    Our eternal relationship with God,..is just that ETERNAL, so to keep it is the most natural thing to do.....but merging into oneness and becoming one with Brahman, is un-natural...so theres no self centeredness, but self interest to forefill our eternal desire for relationship, because relationship is the highest of blissfull conditions.

vishva
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 04:541 edit
    I believe for those who believe in and on Christ death is beautiful no doubt. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I believe in God's presence all else seems small. The presence of God is beautiful light and a King on a throne. All will have no choice but to bow. However great peace is also there. No more greed or fear or worry is there. Absolute power and justice is there. The one who holds all together is there.

Manny
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 08:21
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    When we die, we cease to exist (mentally). We generally either become worm-meat or ash depending on body disposal. Don’t like it but the truth is the truth.
    And would not want to delude myself (even if I could which I cannot ) into believing I will have an afterlife because I would regard that as intrinsically horrifically harmful no matter how pleasant the delusion!
    If it is any consolation, we wouldn't even be aware that we are gone.

I just hope my death is going to be quick and that I wouldn't even know I am about to die.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 10:45
    Originally posted by lausey
    If it is any consolation, we wouldn't even be aware that we are gone.

I just hope my death is going to be quick and that I wouldn't even know I am about to die.
    The first thing you realize when you die is.......is that your not dead.

vishva
  9. ALG
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 13:19

vishva
    Then you didn't die.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 13:21
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Then you didn't die.
    Lol, unassailable logic!
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:22
    I too believe in heaven and hell, that at the end of everything God decides who goes to heaven and who winds up in the bad place, etc. etc. As for what happens when we actually die, I've asked ministers many times and there seems to be a difference of opinions in the Protestant community. Some tell me that as soon as the old monitor shows I have a flat line, I'll be in the presence of the Lord, and of course, that's a good thing. Still others tell me that I'll remain in the grave until the Last Day, at which time God will call us (believers) home, and again, eternal happiness ensues. I'm told the religious term for this belief is "soul-sleep", but whilst one is in this condition, some say that we won't be aware of the length of time between when we are "sleeping" and the day we get into heaven--which sounds like being placed in stasis or suspended animation. I tend toward the good ol' Pauline belief "absent from the body, present with the Lord." It sounds more pleasant.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:322 edits
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Then you didn't die.
    Thats exactly right......the soul which can never die, take.s another material body, and the thing that died, was the body you where using.

For your whole life, you thought you where this body, made of pus, blood, bone marrow, skin, muscle, stool and urine.

You are the eternal spiritual soul.

vishva
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 18:12
    Our eternal relationship with God,..is just that ETERNAL, so to keep it is the most natural thing to do.....but merging into oneness and becoming one with Brahman, is un-natural...so theres no self centeredness, but self interest to forefill our eternal desire for relationship, because relationship is the highest of blissfull conditions.

vishva
    Once again:
    The desire to keep ones individual identity in order to have an eternal relationship is self-centered and stems from the fear of death. The ego protects the individual from this fear by way of delusion.

Rhetoric and concepts such as what you've posted is a product of that delusion. It makes the individual "feel good" to believe it and so he does. Those who do so tend to make incongruous remarks such as, "...theres no self centeredness, but self interest..." and emphasize gaining "bliss" for oneself. It's all so self-serving.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 20:04

vishva
    What "dies" is THIS CONCEPT of death.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 20:49
    Once again:
    The desire to keep ones individual identity in order to have an eternal relationship is self-centered and stems from the fear of death. The ego protects the individual from this fear by way of delusion.

Rhetoric and concepts such as what you've posted is a product of that delusion. It makes the individual "feel good" to bel ...[text shortened]... self interest..." and emphasize gaining "bliss" for oneself. It's all so self-serving.
    Incorrect, stop speculating.

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree