What if God was you

What if God was you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
275d

@fmf said
If I want to chat with you about stuff like Star Trek and Superman, I will PM you.
See my post about no sense of humor.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
273d

@zahlanzi said
yeh but how

remember you can't snap your fingers and magically make it better. you have to take discrete actions.
Huh , if I was god I could do that with a thought . Who made the rule that it has to be discreet ? If I am god it is I who makes the rules .

SLK
Master

MAPLEWOOD, MN HEAVEN

Moves
272d

@divegeester
Ah, this is the after life. Well, I mean we have all passed from death to life.

Before Jesus (Sun) there was only darkness & death.
Yes, this is really Heaven.

But because of a silly thing called, "free will" complications have arose.

But in reality "free will" is like say you want to go buy 10 things at Walmart. & there is 5 different Walmarts you know of.

God approves of 8 of the 10 items at present. & He also approves of you going to 2 of the 5 different Walmarts.

Ok, you think now you have "free will" simple because you can choose between which 2 Walmarts you go to. But because you can only afford 8 of the 10 items, you figure you'll just have to wait until you can afford it.

& sure enough when God approves of the other 2 items you are able to afford them.

So again it is easy to write it off & think you actually have "free will".

Those that are truly in line with God's will have "free will".

Only those that are against God's will experience problems, troubles. Because they buck, fight every step of the way.

If they would just let go & let God lead the way they would see it is much easier going "with the grain", vs "against the grain".

The Holy Spirit, Jesus, God's way is always easier. With the grain.

O' you do not have to be religious to be Spiritual. You should be Spiritual if your religious.
Nobody need be religious. Everyone should be Spiritual.

Peace be with you always,
S.L.K.

F

Moves
272d

@suzianne said
This is the Spirituality Forum, man.

Not really known for their sense of humor, no.
Most of the humour here goes whoosh over your head, Suzianne, because you are so arid and angry all the time.

SLK
Master

MAPLEWOOD, MN HEAVEN

Moves
272d

@Zahlanzi
If everyone only focus on the "good", soon everyone will only see the "good".

Problem solved

Peace be with you,
S.L.K.

Z

Moves
271d

@caissad4 said
Huh , if I was god I could do that with a thought . Who made the rule that it has to be discreet ? If I am god it is I who makes the rules .
i did 🙂 in the first post of this thread. so this game doesn't become too boring

basically i want to discuss what are we willing to do with immense power and what the ramifications could be for a given act

for example: i get turned into god and i decide to smite Putin into a fine paste. Russia sees this as an act of war from a citizen of a NATO state and launches nukes at everbody

Z

Moves
271d

@suzianne said
This is the Spirituality Forum, man.

Not really known for their sense of humor, no.
i am starting to get that. wanted a break from mott and avgjoe and the rest of the moron brigade.

I am not saying this is just as bad. i reserve judgement for now

Z

Moves
271d

@star-luck-key said
@Zahlanzi
If everyone only focus on the "good", soon everyone will only see the "good".

Problem solved

Peace be with you,
S.L.K.
i don't get it. This is about one individual getting immense power. what does it have to do with everyone focusing on the good (which sounds a lot like ignoring evil, but still has nothing to do with the thread)

Z

Moves
271d

@fmf said
If I want to chat with you about stuff like Star Trek and Superman, I will PM you.
soooo, what you're saying is you're not interested in playing and i should stop trying to get you engaged

Planet Rain

Moves
240d

@zahlanzi said
Let's say you wake up one day and are all powerful but, to keep things interesting, you are not omniscient. You have no way of knowing for sure what the implications of your actions can be. You cannot be killed and you do not age. You have some reality altering powers but let's avoid boring ones like "i snap my fingers and all is good in the world". All humans have free will ...[text shortened]... this game interesting. Add some rules if i forgot any and you think would make it more interesting)
I'll just assume, as you suggest, that I suddenly have the powers of Superman.

Yes, I would make myself very busy. With such power I would not be half-assed about my agenda. I would...I would...

Well, coming to think of it, Superman is just a lunk. Physically strong, yes, with eyes that can shoot lasers and the ability to blow freezing cold air, but he cannot really do much that our current technology and machinery can do. When you think about it.

Now I'm casting my mind in the direction of the Harry Potter universe. What if I had the power of a Professor Dumbledore? Now we're talking. He's got limitations, but can change the molecular structure of matter and whatnot. He can reassemble a structure that's been smashed. So let's get busy...

First, it's unclear to me to what extent Dumbledore could sequester carbon emissions in soil, and if so, then by how much. I'd make every effort, but we're talking about millions of cubic kilometers of atmosphere. This might be a bust.

I would make frequent, clandestine use of the imperius curse to cause terrible politicians to say or do terribly stupid things, out in the open, to guarantee they lose power. A few weeks before an election I could make a Trump or a DeSantis say something that would absolutely destroy their chances of winning and give progressive folks a broad path to implementing progressive, science-based policies at all levels of government. In fact, if I retained my anonymity and did just this much in governments around the world, I could possibly (in a few years' time) enable humanity to help itself out of the hole it's in. If I reveal myself, then such a strategy could backfire. So, no fame or glory. I'd have to remain unknown.

Sabotage. Lots of it. Machinery will just keep breaking down wherever there's a bulldozer in a jungle, a tank or fighter jet on a mission of aggression, or whatever.

If a levee is breached in a hurricane and I magically reassemble it, the game is given away. But what do you know...it didn't break in the first place.

A quick search turns up that wizards in the Harry Potter universe can change the weather, at least locally. That 15% chance of rain where a Canadian forest fire is raging is the only pretext needed to make it rain there, and quench the fire.

Some people will find their cancers go into remission, or their infection clears. A miracle. Maybe this is Jimmy Carter's secret.

Doubtless I'm missing some really obvious interventions that could be done without giving myself or the existence of magic away, but I've probably diddled enough for tonight.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
240d

@soothfast said

Yes, I would make myself very busy. With such power I would not be half-assed about my agenda. I would...I would...

Well, coming to think of it, Superman is just a lunk. Physically strong, yes, with eyes that can shoot lasers and the ability to blow freezing cold air, but he cannot rea ...[text shortened]... without giving myself or the existence of magic away, but I've probably diddled enough for tonight.
It'd be nice to clear all the plastic and other trash out of the oceans.

Or do a modern day "Tower of Babel" in Ukraine. Confuse the armies and send them back home.

Would be hard not to do gratuitous things, like slap the taste out of Elon Musk's mouth and zero all his bank accounts.

Planet Rain

Moves
240d

@bigdogg said
It'd be nice to clear all the plastic and other trash out of the oceans.

Or do a modern day "Tower of Babel" in Ukraine. Confuse the armies and send them back home.

Would be hard not to do gratuitous things, like slap the taste out of Elon Musk's mouth and zero all his bank accounts.
Yeah, that's a good one. A Dumbledore could probably wand-wave a lot of garbage out of the oceans, including microplastics. For some reason I tend to think he could only clean up a hectare or two at a time, and the oceans are vast and deep. But a dent could be made, maybe a big one.

Planet Rain

Moves
239d

Oh crap, the actor who portrayed Dumbledore in most of the Harry Potter movies just died.

Nietzsche was right.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
239d

@soothfast said

Well, coming to think of it, Superman is just a lunk. Physically strong, yes, with eyes that can shoot lasers and the ability to blow freezing cold air, but he cannot rea ...[text shortened]... without giving myself or the existence of magic away, but I've probably diddled enough for tonight.
I really like this.

Planet Rain

Moves
239d

@suzianne said
I really like this.
Got other ideas for Dumbledore's to-do list? 😉