What if God was you

What if God was you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
253d

@divegeester

You have already said you think Jesus would concur with the notion of taking the homeless into your own home. Why then are you so adamant that you wouldn't do that? Do you only listen to the teachings of Jesus that are convenient?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No. That was an odd thing you added to the conversation. - Helping the poor was a large part of the ministry of Jesus, which Christians are supposed to emulate. I don't think it is optional.
It your quote which kicked this off was from Isaiah. Are you a fan of Isaiah writings but not Moses’ writings?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
Have you asked Suzianne this question?
I'm asking you.

Sorry if you find the question uncomfortable.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@divegeester

You have already said you think Jesus would concur with the notion of taking the homeless into your own home. Why then are you so adamant that you wouldn't do that? Do you only listen to the teachings of Jesus that are convenient?
You quoted Isaiah, not Jesus.

Let’s talk about Old Testament principles as you seem to like them, and then we will come back to what Jesus didn’t say and what I think he might of though.

Gonna answer my question, or continue to dodge it?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
I don’t feel either are incumbent on me. This is your riff, not mine.
You don't think it is incumbent upon you, as a Christian, to love your neighbour?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'm asking you.

Sorry if you find the question uncomfortable.
You’re bringing up American Christians, Suzianne is an American, Suzianne said that the right thing to do was give all the homeless homes. Not me.

Why are you asking her?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
It your quote which kicked this off was from Isaiah. Are you a fan of Isaiah writings but not Moses’ writings?
You answered:

"But if Jesus was asked the question I’m sure he would concur with you. Not something I’m prepared to do either way."

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You don't think it is incumbent upon you, as a Christian, to love your neighbour?
Why are you deflecting by bringing up “love”?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
Again, you have already conceded Jesus would concur.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You answered:

"But if Jesus was asked the question I’m sure he would concur with you. Not something I’m prepared to do either way."
That’s correct, I’m not.

You seem to think I’m “signed up” to Old Testament demands. I’m asking you if you think I’m signed up to all old testament demands, or just the ones which suit your virtue signalling.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again, you have already conceded Jesus would concur.
And I’ve said three times I wouldn’t do it anyway.

What’s your point?

Moves
253d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Okay. Here's a quote from Jesus:

“Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).

Edit: Gonna do it?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Okay. Here's a quote from Jesus:

“Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).
And?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
And?
Oh dear.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

Ghost of a duke, do you think that Christian’s should execute sun worshipers?