What if God was you

What if God was you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
253d
2 edits

@divegeester said
I haven’t “signed up” to anything.
The only thing necessary to receive the Holy Spirit is that you must have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Once you've confessed Jesus as your Savior, God gives you the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13).

For all intents and purposes, you have signed up to Christianity by accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour.

Edit: Hope you read the terms and conditions.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
For all intents and purposes, you have signed up to Christianity by accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour.
For whose “intents” and for what “purposes” ?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
For whose “intents” and for what “purposes” ?
For all intents and purposes = In all the most important ways.

In all the most important ways, you have signed up to Christianity by accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

In all the most important ways, you have signed up to Christianity by accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour.
You think I’ve “signed up to” executing people who worship the sun?

Moves
253d
1 edit

@divegeester said
You think I’ve “signed up to” executing people who worship the sun?
You've signed up to a religion that says you should take the homeless into your own home.

Jesus actually goes further:

“Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You've signed up to a religion that says you should take the homeless into your own home.

Jesus actually goes further:

“Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).
Do you also think I’ve “signed up to” executing people who worship the sun?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So not your you own intents and purposes… something “important”?

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
Do you also think I’ve “signed up to” executing people who worship the sun?
No. That was an odd thing you added to the conversation. - Helping the poor was a large part of the ministry of Jesus, which Christians are supposed to emulate. I don't think it is optional.

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
So not your you own intents and purposes… something “important”?
It's okay if you weren't familiar with the well known expression.

This nit picking over semantics is almost as if you trying to dodge the bullet of the bible instructing you to take the homeless into your own home. (Something you have already said you wouldn't do).

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No. That was an odd thing you added to the conversation. - Helping the poor was a large part of the ministry of Jesus, which Christians are supposed to emulate. I don't think it is optional.
Why is it you think I’ve signed up to one part, but not the other?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's okay if you weren't familiar with the well known expression.

This nit picking over semantics is almost as if you trying to dodge the bullet of the bible instructing you to take the homeless into your own home. (Something you have already said you wouldn't do).
Im not “signed up” I’m not “dodging (your) bullets” and I’m not “nit picking”.

Do you think I should obey the “biblical instruction” to execute sun worshipers?

If not, why not.

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
It is estimated that there are 580,000 homeless in America and the average price of entry level housing is $235,000. So to fulfil your “Democrat” only mission would cost iro $136 BILLION.
Alternatively, there are an estimated 210 million Christians living in America. They could apply biblical teaching, and take homeless people into their own homes.

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
Why is it you think I’ve signed up to one part, but not the other?
Do you feel the two things are equally incumbent upon you, as a Christian, to follow the instructions on how to treat the poor and executing sun worshippers?

Or are you using the sun worshipper riff to lessen your Christian responsibility towards the homeless?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Alternatively, there are an estimated 210 million Christians living in America. They could apply biblical teaching, and take homeless people into their own homes.
Have you asked Suzianne this question?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do you feel the two things are equally incumbent upon you, as a Christian, to follow the instructions on how to treat the poor and executing sun worshippers?

Or are you using the sun worshipper riff to lessen your Christian responsibility towards the homeless?
I don’t feel either are incumbent on me. This is your riff, not mine.

Gonna answer my question, or is it a “bullet you want to dodge”?