What if God was you

What if God was you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
254d

@suzianne said
No. Are you slow today?

"Christian" politicians are not Christian. I've said this many times now, but you'd much rather twist what I say, like always.

You keep acting like you have no idea in the world what I'm talking about. Maybe you really don't. I do think you'd rather bad-mouth me than agree with me. You'd call me deluded if I said the sky was blue because that's what fits your narrative.
In essence I agree.

I think it would be helpful though if you explained why you take that position. What is it specifically about politicains that claim to be Christian that makes you say that they are not really so?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Maybe give all the homeless homes and enough food for the hungry?

We know the "Christian" Republicans won't.
It is estimated that there are 580,000 homeless in America and the average price of entry level housing is $235,000. So to fulfil your “Democrat” only mission would cost iro $136 BILLION.

However, in McDowell county WV the average price is as low as $30,000 meaning you could move ALL the homeless there and pull it off for a mere $17 BILLION, although I’m not sure how the current 44,000 residents would feel about it.

So what’s your plan “Christian” Democrat?

F

Moves
253d

@suzianne said
You keep acting like you have no idea in the world what I'm talking about. Maybe you really don't.
Of course I know what you are talking about. You aren't saying anything that's difficult to understand. You have repeated different versions of it at various times this year: I think your partisan political vitriol is poisoning the assertions you make about the Christian faith of people with whom you disagree politically. To claim that Christians who vote in accordance with their conservative values "cannot possibly be followers of Jesus" is vituperative nonsense that makes you seem too much like your rhetorical counterparts on the right.

F

Moves
253d

@suzianne said
You'd call me deluded if I said the sky was blue because that's what fits your narrative.
Nope. I don't have a "narrative". If you say the colour of the sky is blue, then that obviously does not line up alongside the delusions that you HAVE trotted out here on these forums.

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
It is estimated that there are 580,000 homeless in America and the average price of entry level housing is $235,000. So to fulfil your “Democrat” only mission would cost iro $136 BILLION.

However, in McDowell county WV the average price is as low as $30,000 meaning you could move ALL the homeless there and pull it off for a mere $17 BILLION, although I’m not sure how the current 44,000 residents would feel about it.

So what’s your plan “Christian” Democrat?
Pretty sure the bible instructs you religious folk to bring the homeless into your own homes.

That would solve the issue.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pretty sure the bible instructs you religious folk to bring the homeless into your own homes.

That would solve the issue.
I doesn’t specifically say that, I don’t think. But if Jesus was asked the question I’m sure he would concur with you. Not something I’m prepared to do either way.

One of the issues I have with modern Christianity is that it is used as a platform for vacuous virtue signalling, as Suzianne is doing, and as soap box for threats with no action to help, as KellyJay does with his you’re all going to be burnt alive by Jesus if you don’t turn to him nonsense …. And then he does nothing to save his neighbours.

I’m not one of those; I’m a deluded (sic) nominal Christian holding onto a spiritual experience from yesterday because I prefer to hope in a future for us all rather than a nothing.
#harsh version

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
I doesn’t specifically say that, I don’t think. But if Jesus was asked the question I’m sure he would concur with you. Not something I’m prepared to do either way.

One of the issues I have with modern Christianity is that it is used as a platform for vacuous virtue signalling, as Suzianne is doing, and as soap box for threats with no action to help, as KellyJay does w ...[text shortened]... om yesterday because I prefer to hope in a future for us all rather than a nothing.
#harsh version
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Isaiah 58:7

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Isaiah 58:7
Well exactly.

Moves
253d

@divegeester said
Well exactly.
So it does specifically tell you to bring the homeless poor into your house?

ENGLAND

Moves
253d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So it does specifically tell you to bring the homeless poor into your house?
I just acknowledged that.

It also says that worshippers of other Gods, even if it’s just the celestial bodies such as the sun or moon should be executed.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

Any sun worshipers in here? 😵

Moves
253d

@divegeester said

It also says that worshippers of other Gods, even if it’s just the celestial bodies such as the sun or moon should be executed.
Crazy religion you're signed up to.

ENGLAND

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I haven’t “signed up” to anything.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
253d

@divegeester said

Im sure that applies to the Jews. Almost the whole of the first 5 books of the bible is specifically for Israel. Furthermore Jesus and Paul counteracted the notion that the Law of Moses still applies. Christian religions like Seventh Day Adventists are in error to focus on the Law of Moses.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
253d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What Dive mentioned is Judaism, not Christianity.