1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 21:36
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    but he was a wonderful guy -- and think of all the people who would lose their authority if we accepted the idea that Jesus was just a man, like the Buddha, with some interesting ideas.
    The problem is that there are many wonderful guys in history. Some of whom have been ignored because of the attention that Jesus was given.

Most of the people who would lose their authority if we accepted the fact that Jesus was just a man deserve to lose their authority.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 21:59
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    What if all religions were wrong, and failed to understand what God is really about?

Maybe we didn't get what Jesus' message was all about.

If we had, our world would have been much better.

Of course, this is just a question, it may not be true, but anyway let's think out of the box just this time.
    So the whole world believes in the divinity of Jesus now?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:01
    Originally posted by scherzo
    So the whole world believes in the divinity of Jesus now?
    no
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:02
    Originally posted by Agerg
    no
    He didn't bother to mention any of the holy figures of the other 2/3 of the world. Maybe Mohammed was correct.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:231 edit
    He didn't bother to mention any of the holy figures of the other 2/3 of the world. Maybe Mohammed was correct.
    What if all religions were wrong, and failed to understand what God is really about?

Maybe we didn't get what Jesus' (and/or Mohammed's) messages were all about.

Of course, this is just a question, it may not be true, but anyway let's think out of the box just this time.

Fixed: Can we continue now?🙄
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]What if all religions were wrong, and failed to understand what God is really about?

Maybe we didn't get what Jesus' (and/or Mohamed's) messages were all about.

Fixed: Can we continue now?🙄[/b]
    What about the Jews, the Buddhists, the Hindus, ....

ok, I'll shut up here now.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 22:36
    Mohammed was probably wrong, just like joseph smith was.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 23:55
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Mohammed was probably wrong, just like joseph smith was.
    You have nothing to prove that. Islam is the fastest growing religion on Earth right now.
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:27
    Currently on a macro level, there is precious little evidence of people leading this type of life and what organised churches there are, are often run by charlatans who bring the name of our God into disrepute.
    And properly so -- "our God?"

what a silly idea.
  10. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:29
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    The problem is that there are many wonderful guys in history. Some of whom have been ignored because of the attention that Jesus was given.

Most of the people who would lose their authority if we accepted the fact that Jesus was just a man deserve to lose their authority.
    I think you are challenged by irony or sarcasm, no?
  11. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:311 edit
    maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was as big an egomaniac or just plan maniac as most so-called "holy men" or "prophets."

I know, I know, he's your fav -- big deal.

Verse of the Moment

Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun:
    During the pre-Islamic period of ignorance I saw a she-monkey surrounded by a number of monkeys. They were all stoning it, because it had committed illegal sexual intercourse. I too, stoned it along with them.
    The Hadith, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 188

What about it, going to issue a fatwa now?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:33
    Christianity, (Jesus) teaches that “without me you can do nothing”, and that the purpose of spiritual regeneration is to enable the believer to experience a new spirit enabled life through the power of the spirit of god.
    Going by that logic, since i'm no expert on the matter and in fact am an atheist (you caught me on the humanism bit), does that mean that someone who doesn't believe in Jesus and/or God, but lives his life abiding by Jesus' and God's laws, will still be damned for eternity?

I'm not trying to act silly, I am genuinely curious
  13. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:35
    Originally posted by banx99
    Going by that logic, since i'm no expert on the matter and in fact am an atheist (you caught me on the humanism bit), does that mean that someone who doesn't believe in Jesus and/or God, but lives his life abiding by Jesus' and God's laws, will still be damned for eternity?

I'm not trying to act silly, I am genuinely curious
    silly question
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 02:37
    I think you are challenged by irony or sarcasm, no?
    Not usually, but those are things that aren't very well expressed on text based fora.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 07:01
    silly question
    and the answer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree