1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    15 Apr '09 20:43
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    Phil Jackson was the best professional basketball coach since Red Auerbach. Why should I call him stupid?

You, on the other hand, are simply a fruitcake with a personality disorder.

You are probably not even an Arab. Everything you say smacks of fantasy and untruth.
    A fruitcake ... wow ... I must keep that witty retort in mind.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 00:14
    Originally posted by scherzo
    A fruitcake ... wow ... I must keep that witty retort in mind.
    i think hes afraid that we wont like him when we find out what he is really like, so he puts up an austere facade as a type of protective barrier, its insecurity really 😉
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 00:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think hes afraid that we wont like him when we find out what he is really like, so he puts up an austere facade as a type of protective barrier, its insecurity really 😉
    I think it's more that he can't come up with a better argument against us than that we're "fruitcakes." He's so stubborn he can't cede an argument, but when he runs out of argument fodder, he starts going into the arena of ridiculous accusations. Ah well. 🙄
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 00:572 edits
    thank you, Sigmund, but no thank you.

You and that mentally challenged side kick of yours have it all backward.

I put forward a lot of material meant to form the basis of informed discussion. You folks ignore all of it. So what else is there to do but ridicule you and dismiss you outright?

you and he are charged with failure to read -- you prefer to move your jaws without engaging the brain, and that's my problem?

ok, let's take it slowly for those who move their lips when they read:

One problem posed by the question of the existence of a god is that traditional beliefs usually ascribe to God various supernatural powers.

Supernatural beings may be able to conceal and reveal themselves for their own purposes, stop the sun in the sky without the necessary consequences under the laws of physics, etc.

Religious adherents offer the supernatural nature of God as one explanation of the inability of empirical methods to decide the question of God's existence.

While on a trip to another village, the Sufi Mullah Nasrudin lost his favorite copy of the Qur'an.

Several weeks later, a goat walked up to Nasrudin, carrying the Qur'an in its mouth.

Nasrudin couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the goat's mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!"

"Not really," said the goat. "Your name is written inside the cover."

react to that one.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 01:36
    thank you, Sigmund, but no thank you.

You and that mentally challenged side kick of yours have it all backward.

I put forward a lot of material meant to form the basis of informed discussion. You folks ignore all of it. So what else is there to do but ridicule you and dismiss you outright?

you and he are charged with failure to read -- you prefer ...[text shortened]... ly," said the goat. "Your name is written inside the cover."

react to that one.
    Lol, 😵
  6. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    16 Apr '09 01:53
    Lol, 😵
    Mullah Nasrudin went to see a psychiatrist. He said:

'My trouble is that I can't remember anything.'

'When did this start?' asked the doctor.

'When did what start?' said Nasrudin.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 01:08
    Mullah Nasrudin went to see a psychiatrist. He said:

'My trouble is that I can't remember anything.'

'When did this start?' asked the doctor.

'When did what start?' said Nasrudin.
    Did you put in a Muslim name just for the sake of racism?
  8. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 01:40
    What race is it to which you refer, poor little dance. Do you always try to play the fool, or are you unable to be anything other than a running joke around here? Is there no limit to your ignorance?

You don't know of Nasrudin? Clearly not. How is that possible unless you are completely uneducated in Islam or simply simple minded?

Nasrudin tales are from many ages and many cultures. There are Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Berber, Bulgarian, Chinese, Daghestani, Greek, Judeo-Arabic, Kurdish, Maltese, Mandaic, Macedonian, Persian, Serbian, Sicilian, Syrian, Tajik, Turkish, Uighur and Uzbek sources for Nasruddin tales.

He is known as Nasreddin, Joha, Si Je'ha, Giufa, Ieha, Iugale, Gahan, Nastradin, Nastradi, Hojas, Jiha, Juha, Khodja, Mala, Apendi, Afandi, Effendi, Afanti.

see http://www.katinkahesselink.net/sufi/sufi-jok.html
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 05:49
    Though Scriabin has given and adequate reply as to why he used the name, I wonder why you think that Muslim names have anything to do with race. I though it had to do with religion. I have Muslim friends with Muslim names (Arabic I believe) and one is of Indian decent and the other is of Indonesian decent. Both are South African.
  10. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Though Scriabin has given and adequate reply as to why he used the name, I wonder why you think that Muslim names have anything to do with race. I though it had to do with religion. I have Muslim friends with Muslim names (Arabic I believe) and one is of Indian decent and the other is of Indonesian decent. Both are South African.
    scherzo doesn't know the meaning of most words he uses.

Isn't that clear?
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 21:09
    could have been a jewish name, or a christian name, would you have reacted differently?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree