what if we're all wrong?

what if we're all wrong?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
11 Apr 09

If one assumes no knowledge about the metaphysical can be transferred to the real world, it follows mathematically that man must be wrong about every assertion about the metaphysical.

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
yes

it discourages ignorance by making it harder to excuse or overlook
Sorry but the only thing I find easy to see and hard to overlook is your intellectual ego to be honest.

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by MrMartin
im baptiist - auto in dude
protestants are heretics.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
What if all religions were wrong, and failed to understand what God is really about?

Maybe we didn't get what Jesus' message was all about.

If we had, our world would have been much better.

Of course, this is just a question, it may not be true, but anyway let's think out of the box just this time.
excellent question. my answer; I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons, than right for the wrong ones

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by duecer
excellent question. my answer; I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons, than right for the wrong ones
good point.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Sorry but the only thing I find easy to see and hard to overlook is your intellectual ego to be honest.
don't be sorry -- be quiet or say something useful

I'll try to be nicer if you'll ty to be smarter

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
11 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by scherzo
It makes it so hard not to overlook it ... you must get that a lot when filibustering in the government.
Unlike you, I prefer to know something about a subject before I speak about it.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
If one assumes no knowledge about the metaphysical can be transferred to the real world, it follows mathematically that man must be wrong about every assertion about the metaphysical.
dunno if that's right or not.

My metaphysics prof threw me out of class for cheating on the final. He accused me of looking into the soul of the girl next to me.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Unlike you, I prefer to know something about a subject before I speak about it.
Your knowledge is expressed in the form of meaningless gibberish, leading me to assume that whatever you know was copy-and-pasted from some blog.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
13 Apr 09

Your knowledge is expressed in the form of meaningless gibberish, leading me to assume that whatever you know was copy-and-pasted from some blog.
meaningless?

You've just dismissed all of the history of philosophy and all notable European and Islamic philosophers and thinkers?

Typical of you.

Gibberish?

Yes, I'm sure it must seem so to one so ignorant, uneducated, ill-informed and downright unintelligent as yourself.

You should not let your mind wander about -- it is far far too small to be allowed out on its own.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
13 Apr 09

meaningless?

You've just dismissed all of the history of philosophy and all notable European and Islamic philosophers and thinkers?

Typical of you.

Gibberish?

Yes, I'm sure it must seem so to one so ignorant, uneducated, ill-informed and downright unintelligent as yourself.

You should not let your mind wander about -- it is far far too small to be allowed out on its own.
Drop the condescending sneer and realize that there are people in the world who are smarter than you on some things, Mr. Politician.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
14 Apr 09

Drop the condescending sneer and realize that there are people in the world who are smarter than you on some things, Mr. Politician.
if you get any more stupid, someone will have to water you every few days.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
14 Apr 09

if you get any more stupid, someone will have to water you every few days.
See what I mean? You resort to personal attacks because you have nothing better! Save your accusations of stupidity for people who really deserve it. Like Phil Jackson.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Apr 09

See what I mean? You resort to personal attacks because you have nothing better! Save your accusations of stupidity for people who really deserve it. Like Phil Jackson.
Phil Jackson was the best professional basketball coach since Red Auerbach. Why should I call him stupid?

You, on the other hand, are simply a fruitcake with a personality disorder.

You are probably not even an Arab. Everything you say smacks of fantasy and untruth.

z

Moves
15 Apr 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
What if all religions were wrong, and failed to understand what God is really about?

Maybe we didn't get what Jesus' message was all about.

If we had, our world would have been much better.

Of course, this is just a question, it may not be true, but anyway let's think out of the box just this time.
I started a thread like this some time ago, not realising that the idea has been kicking around for a long time. It's called Deism.