1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:29
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    is it beyond your ability to understand the question?
    Teacher says to rephrase.

So rephrase.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Then what is a person supposed to trust, exactly?
    Trust that if you do the right thing, you will be a better person for it. And that overall, you will enhance quality of life in your little part of the world.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:32
    Teacher says to rephrase.

So rephrase.
    nope, i will admit is awfully written. i think its easy to understand though and suspect your motive is more machiavellian.......which is unbecoming of a christian, so just answer the question.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 22:34
    Funny how things work, huh.
    so how is god supposed to convey new information to you?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 11:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Trust that if you do the right thing, you will be a better person for it. And that overall, you will enhance quality of life in your little part of the world.
    Again, you're relying on nature to inform your sense of "right thing."
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 11:53
    nope, i will admit is awfully written. i think its easy to understand though and suspect your motive is more machiavellian.......which is unbecoming of a christian, so just answer the question.
    machiavellian

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

which is unbecoming of a christian...
    And this is based upon... what, exactly?
    According to you, there is no rational basis for being a Christian in the first place, but now you are deigning yourself the arbiter of what qualities and characteristics are becoming of one?
    I laugh derisively in your general direction.

so just answer the question.
    Ask the question to the best of your ability and I will answer to the best of mine.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 11:53
    so how is god supposed to convey new information to you?
    There is no new information necessary at this time (since the completion of the Canon).
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    We're just doing the usual rhetorical dance of "Atheist, you cannot claim that! You have no moral foundation to claim that!" When in fact we have exactly the same real reasons that the theists have.
    Well said.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:371 edit
    There is no new information necessary at this time (since the completion of the Canon).
    do you get to dictate what is necessary to god? so if he appears before you and demands you to do something that doesnt appear in the bible you will say no?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:371 edit
    Good God, man: don't let FMF hear you utter such blasphemous sewage!
    You're supposed to be one of the atheists who offer the voice of reason...
    Nah, stellspalfie is doing OK, and trying to engage you with his hypothetical ~ while you have been dodging his whole line of questioning to an almost comical degree. As for "sewage", you're a man who would call his own daughter a "whore" if she were a sexually active young woman! You are not one of "voices of reason" on this forum, let me assure you. 😀
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:39
    [b]machiavellian

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

which is unbecoming of a christian...
    And this is based upon... what, exactly?
    According to you, there is no rational basis for being a Christian in the first place, but now you are deigning yourself the arbiter of what qualities and characteristics are becoming of o ...[text shortened]... estion.[/b]
    Ask the question to the best of your ability and I will answer to the best of mine.[/b]
    I laugh derisively in your general direction.

more behavior unbecoming of a christian.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:00
    [b]I laugh derisively in your general direction.

more behavior unbecoming of a christian.[/b]
    more behaviour unbecoming of a Christian

perhaps if Freaky termed you an off spring of a viper it would be more becoming?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    more behaviour unbecoming of a Christian

perhaps if Freaky termed you an off spring of a viper it would be more becoming?
    no that would be pretty unbecoming of a christian also.....unless i was the off spring of a viper, then it would be fine......unless it was his intent to cause offence then it would be unbecoming.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    > What if the only things you woke up with today were the things
    you thanked God for yesterday?

I suspect that, if you are anything like me, this question will stick with you for awhile... and, I hope, support you to remember all that you have for which you can/should give Thanks/be grateful.

So I'll leave it at that...
    There are too many things. That is why it is good to thank God for His mercy.

Suppose God sent to earth the energy bill for the amount of hydrogen consumed by the sun last month ?
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:50
    do you get to dictate what is necessary to god? so if he appears before you and demands you to do something that doesnt appear in the bible you will say no?
    You simply don't get it, do you?

If God has said one thing, but something/someone appears as God saying something else entirely--- something in complete contrast to what He has already said--- who, in their right mind, would listen to the second one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree