1. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    11 Feb '08 04:37
    O.k. so for all you believers out there who've devoted themselves to their god. If your right then you've done the right thing and your entire existence is validated.....
    Plus I'm wrong and I don't really mind mainly because I base everything on plausibility I find a judgmental god implausible and therefore choose not to believe and devout my life to him. My life still has meaning and I feel no loss if I'm wrong. Slight amusement at just how wrong I am but no sense of loss.
    However what if god doesn't exist or worse one of the other religions is right and your going to come back as a goat, which is just as likely, Is your entire existence pointless?
  2. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    11 Feb '08 12:09
    god / jesus will judge not your religion but your actions, he said if you do my work, he will know you. For there will be NO religion temples in his house
  3. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    11 Feb '08 23:21
    Originally posted by stoker
    god / jesus will judge not your religion but your actions, he said if you do my work, he will know you. For there will be NO religion temples in his house
    Well thats nice to know, because I do a lot more by my actions and behavior towards others that would be considered "gods work" by the religious. Than most Christians do at all. But I don't go to church on sunday, I do certain "sinful" things and I generally don't believe a lot of what churches tell me to believe.....

    If I'm wrong and the religious are right, am I going to Hell??
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    11 Feb '08 23:33
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Well thats nice to know, because I do a lot more by my actions and behavior towards others that would be considered "gods work" by the religious. Than most Christians do at all. But I don't go to church on sunday, I do certain "sinful" things and I generally don't believe a lot of what churches tell me to believe.....

    If I'm wrong and the religious are right, am I going to Hell??
    Yes, and for eternity. I already had this discussion 🙂

    Of course God can send someone who has always been truthfull to himself, and good to others to Hell for eternity. I argued this was not fair, but someone answered me "you know nothing about what's fair, are you trying to be above God and question is Rightfull Justice?"

    I said "Yes, I am". If in the end I were to be wrong, and met God, I would have a clear conscience. And I would confront God in the eyes and say to Him he was unjust.
  5. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    11 Feb '08 23:40
    But our last poster said we will be judged by our actions and noting more...... Guess it depends on which interpretation of the EXACT SAME religious text you follow eh?

    🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    11 Feb '08 23:43
    Originally posted by Mexico
    But our last poster said we will be judged by our actions and noting more...... Guess it depends on which interpretation of the EXACT SAME religious text you follow eh?

    🙂
    Incredible how a single book may lead to so distinct religions. It should be absolute, but NO ONE can make the meaning of even the first paragraph.... Ridiculous. And yet all are guided by it. If there's such a span in the possible interpretation (done by man), how can someone say "this is the truth" ??
    (this assuming the bible is really God's word )
  7. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    11 Feb '08 23:48
    The best of the Christians I've come across are the Jesuits.... The left wing if you will.... They do heaps of good work, mainly because its the right thing to do, not because of they feel they have too.... They run some of the best schools in the world (I didn't go to one, im a mediocre public (free in Ireland) school boy).. And they're actually quite open minded about most things too.... Even their priests....

    Just the open mind puts them leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of the other Christian doctrines....
  8. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    12 Feb '08 01:39
    Originally posted by Mexico
    The best of the Christians I've come across are the Jesuits.... The left wing if you will.... They do heaps of good work, mainly because its the right thing to do, not because of they feel they have too.... They run some of the best schools in the world (I didn't go to one, im a mediocre public (free in Ireland) school boy).. And they're actually quite open m ...[text shortened]... the open mind puts them leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of the other Christian doctrines....
    The Jesuits are supposed to be the intellectual vanguard of the Catholic Church. They have kooky ideas, but generally they are very orthodox.
  9. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    12 Feb '08 01:42
    Originally posted by Mexico
    If I'm wrong and the religious are right, am I going to Hell??
    Even most protties do not strictly agree with the idea of salvation through faith. So belief is not a pre-requisite to getting into faith. Only some loony Christians on this site believe that. Generally, you just need to be a good person.
  10. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    12 Feb '08 04:04
    Cool then im not going to hell. As for the Jesuits, I know what they're supposed to stand for but any that I've dealt with (and thats quite a few....I used to work for a charity at home which was run by them) tend to be quite intelligent. And certainly in my experience anyway, intelligence and open mindedness tend to go hand in hand. And I'm not referring to IQ here. So don't misunderstand.
  11. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    12 Feb '08 04:17
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    So belief is not a pre-requisite to getting into faith.
    I meant heaven, not faith. I don't know how to get into faith.
  12. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    12 Feb '08 04:18
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Cool then im not going to hell. As for the Jesuits, I know what they're supposed to stand for but any that I've dealt with (and thats quite a few....I used to work for a charity at home which was run by them) tend to be quite intelligent. And certainly in my experience anyway, intelligence and open mindedness tend to go hand in hand. And I'm not referring to IQ here. So don't misunderstand.
    I think the Jesuits toe the line. They might be open-minded on issues, but they would never openly advocate for same-sex marriage and abortion.
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    13400
    12 Feb '08 04:26
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I think the Jesuits toe the line. They might be open-minded on issues, but they would never openly advocate for same-sex marriage and abortion.
    True, mainly because their "supervisors" publicly tell them not to, but they would rarely speak out against such issues unless put in a situation where they had to publicly take a side. For example a friend of mine is openly gay, since the age of 16, went to a Jesuit school, and it was never an issue.
  14. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    12 Feb '08 11:03
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Well thats nice to know, because I do a lot more by my actions and behavior towards others that would be considered "gods work" by the religious. Than most Christians do at all. But I don't go to church on sunday, I do certain "sinful" things and I generally don't believe a lot of what churches tell me to believe.....

    If I'm wrong and the religious are right, am I going to Hell??
    not my choice who goes where, its the sinful things we will all be judged by, forgiven or not, i have sinned all my life anyone who says other decives themslves, but i go to church pray at the grace of gods forgiveness,
  15. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    12 Feb '08 11:10
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Even most protties do not strictly agree with the idea of salvation through faith. So belief is not a pre-requisite to getting into faith. Only some loony Christians on this site believe that. Generally, you just need to be a good person.
    i do not know what a protties is so carnt comment on thier faith, but salvation is thro faith, and the forgivness of god/jesus. Unless you mean thouse that do my work are the children of god not them that say it.
Back to Top