1. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    i do not know what a protties is so carnt comment on thier faith, but salvation is thro faith, and the forgivness of god/jesus. Unless you mean thouse that do my work are the children of god not them that say it.
    Ah but my point is that some say without faith (Me) you go to hell by default....
    However I do a lot more of what would be considered "the lords work" than most devout Christians who sit in church on Sunday (of Saturday night or whenever) out of duty as much as faith..... And didn't someone quote at me that if you do the lords work you will be saved? Even without a good church attendance/prayer/belief record?
    Yet I never go to church and have a lot of issues with the concept of god......

So my question is am I damned by default.... Or does the fact that I do good things because its the right thing to do and not out of faith mean I'm saved.

I don't believe either way, but I'm curious....
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:35
    Originally posted by stoker
    i do not know what a protties is so carnt comment on thier faith, but salvation is thro faith, and the forgivness of god/jesus. Unless you mean thouse that do my work are the children of god not them that say it.
    Yep. You're a prottie. Only protties think there is a distinction between faith and works.
  3. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:42
    What does prottie actually mean?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 01:32
    Originally posted by Mexico
    What does prottie actually mean?
    A protestant. Generally what they were called in my school days (which was not so long ago.)
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 01:38
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Yep. You're a prottie. Only protties think there is a distinction between faith and works.
    I'm no protestant and I think there clearly is a distinction...
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 02:02
    Well thats nice to know, because I do a lot more by my actions and behavior towards others that would be considered "gods work" by the religious. Than most Christians do at all. But I don't go to church on sunday, I do certain "sinful" things and I generally don't believe a lot of what churches tell me to believe.....

If I'm wrong and the religious are right, am I going to Hell??
    he who loves knows God, he who does not love, does not know God, for God is love 1John 3:4
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 03:291 edit
    testing 1,2,3
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 04:24
    I meant heaven, not faith. I don't know how to get into faith.
    I guess it depends if faith is a person. Then you might be able to 'get into her' ...😉
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 05:07
    Originally posted by amannion
    I guess it depends if faith is a person. Then you might be able to 'get into her' ...😉
    Then Stoker must be right. Only through faith can we get to heaven...
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 08:46
    Then Stoker must be right. Only through faith can we get to heaven...
    I pity all those Faiths out there ... the snarling packs of christian chess nerds all trying to get into them ...
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 10:42
    Originally posted by amannion
    I pity all those Faiths out there ... the snarling packs of christian chess nerds all trying to get into them ...
    I pity all those Christians who think there is only the one true Faith....no wonder they play chess....
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 23:27
    Ahhhh proddie.... I see, well technically I was christened a prod (Church of Ireland) although my dad's a catholic...... And actually both my parents are heathens they and I go to church only for weddings, funerals etc.... Although I did go to a catholic mass recently out of curiosity..... Funny I think I paid more attention than most of the "devout" present......

As to my other question, which was a simple one, why do people insist on quoting the bible at me? I've read it, it's very unclear on the point I make and as far as I can tell nobody has an answer for me.....

so Ill rephrase it..... I never go to church, I don't believe in any sort of omniscient god..... I question the nature of religion openly... But I do a lot of what Christians call "Gods work" with the disabled, homeless and various other causes I take to heart........ If I'm wrong and the Christians are right, Am I going to hell....

Straight answer please, no bible quotations unless they clearly support your answers...
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 03:09
    Come on people, if i'm way off the mark and it turns out its all true and god is in fact always watching..... Am I going to hell??.....
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 04:49
    O.k. so for all you believers out there who've devoted themselves to their god. If your right then you've done the right thing and your entire existence is validated.....
    Plus I'm wrong and I don't really mind mainly because I base everything on plausibility I find a judgmental god implausible and therefore choose not to believe and devout my life to him. M ...[text shortened]... going to come back as a goat, which is just as likely, Is your entire existence pointless?
    Silly!
  15. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 01:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Silly!
    Why is this silly? Hmmmm.... I've asked an honest question here and no body seems to be able to give a straight answer..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree