1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 19:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Every Christian was once a non-Christian. Not sure what you're getting on about that non-Christians are without the hopes and God. Every non-Christian is lost and then the ones who become Christian are found. No one should be without hope.
    I am not a christian, but you are.
    Let's meet after our respective death and we will know the truth. I don't think neither you nor I will know the truth before then.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 19:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    1. Christ is both son of man and Son of God, making Him deity.

2. Christ is the promised messiah foretold in the Old Testament Scriptures.

3. Christ lived a sinless life as a man.

4. Christ paid the pentalty for our sins by giving up His own life to
    save all humanity.

5. Christ resurrected Himself in a glorified physical body of flesh and
    bones ...[text shortened]... red the
    second death.

The above are 7 of the essential truths of Christianity that I recall.
    You never answered my questions in the other thread so I'll ask you again.
    Can God sin? Could Jesus have sinned?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:241 edit
    Every Christian was once a non-Christian. Not sure what you're getting on about that non-Christians are without the hopes and God. Every non-Christian is lost and then the ones who become Christian are found. No one should be without hope.
    Like I said to RJ, I'm a little unclear on his statement about "the only faith other than the Christian faith that has any hope at all is the Jewish faith." Adding your comment to his makes me think that he might be saying that the Jewish view of Jesus is closer to what is needed than is the view of Jesus in other faiths. So Jews have less work to do to get over the hump. But this view of the Jewish faith isn't essential to being Christian, another Christian could say something else.

I'm not trying to start any arguments, by the way. I just see a lot of bickering going on at this forum and want to know which of it really matters to Christianity, according to the Christians here.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:27
    Originally posted by JS357
    This seems to modify your point #7, above in this thread, but I'm not sure exactly how.
    The prophecy states that they are blinded in part until the fullness
    of the gentiles (us) have come in. So there will come a point that
    they will say. "Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord".
    That one, of course, is YAHshua. Then all Israel shall be saved.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You never answered my questions in the other thread so I'll ask you again.
    Can God sin? Could Jesus have sinned?
    God can not sin against Himself. However, the Word came in the flesh
    in the form of the man, Yahshua (Jesus). Man can sin against God.
    But Yahshua remained faithful to His Father until death, meaning He did
    not sin. Then as God, Himself, He raised Himself from the grave after
    three days as He said he would do.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:26
    The prophecy states that they are blinded in part until the fullness
    of the gentiles (us) have come in. So there will come a point that
    they will say. "Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord".
    That one, of course, is YAHshua. Then all Israel shall be saved.
    OK, I assume this is Romans 11, no need to reply if correct.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 23:31
    Yes God cannot sin. But Jesus could haved sinned if he had chosen too.

Are you familiar with the scriptures that call Jesus the "faithful and true witness"?

If it was an absolute given that Jesus could not sin and would remain faithful to God which is why he came to earth which was to remain faithful to god and let his life be taken for us, then why are such terms as "tested", he "remained faithful" and "endured till the end", associated with Jesus? If he was tested then that would indicated that he could have failed. If he remaind faithful that indicates he could have fallen and not remained faithful. If he didn't endure that would indicate he could not have endurred.

The reason for this question is we all know or at least we should all know God cannot sin as even you answered.

But Jesus was a man, a human and a perfect one physically just as Adam was. But Jesus was not a robot and had free will to do as he wanted just as Adam did.
    If all that was needed was a perfect life to be given Jesus could have just come down to earth, let someone kill him and it would be done. But this is where your'e missing one major fact and that is Jesus had to prove his faithfulness and endure being tested even as Satan did to him. How could anyone be tested more then being tested by Satan.
    Also the 40 days that Jesus fasted and prayed constantly to his Father was to get the strength he needed to endure the testing and death that he knew he was going to face. If it was a given that he would not fail, why this 40 day period to have his Father strengthen him?
    So this would prove that Jesus in no way was God on earth. He was a man and that's all he was while he was here.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I am not a christian, but you are.
    Let's meet after our respective death and we will know the truth. I don't think neither you nor I will know the truth before then.
    Someone I know has this line in his signature on another forum site:

"The Most High has spoken, even with His own blood. Surely we know."

Christians surely know. Doubt is for others.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:22
    He raised himself from death? Sure he did!!!!!!
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    Like I said to RJ, I'm a little unclear on his statement about "the only faith other than the Christian faith that has any hope at all is the Jewish faith." Adding your comment to his makes me think that he might be saying that the Jewish view of Jesus is closer to what is needed than is the view of Jesus in other faiths. So Jews have less work to do to get ov ...[text shortened]... want to know which of it really matters to Christianity, according to the Christians here.
    He mentioned the Jewish faith because it has the basis for understanding. The Jews have awaited their foretold Messiah for hundreds, yea thousands, of years. The main difference between them and Christians is that they are still waiting. I believe Jews will be active during the Tribulation, many will be converted then, and many of them will become martyrs for Christ mentioned in Revelation. Whether or not they come to belief in Christ before the end of the Tribulation, those still waiting will get their long-awaited Messiah at the Battle of Armageddon. And He will be none other than Jesus the Christ.

While I wouldn't call any of this "essential" to being Christian, it is still a commonly held Christian view.

I don't want any arguments, either, but to me, this thread sounded at first like you were waiting for some Christian to say something you can mock for lulz. I'm still not sure if your motivation is curiosity or derision.

It is my feeling that what each Christian considers "essential" to his or her faith is unique to the individual, due to upbringing, or their learned knowledge of their faith. We all come to Christ from different directions and paths, and it is this journey that illuminates our faith. Thank God we are not all the same.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:27
    Yes God cannot sin. But Jesus could haved sinned if he had chosen too.

Are you familiar with the scriptures that call Jesus the "faithful and true witness"?

If it was an absolute given that Jesus could not sin and would remain faithful to God which is why he came to earth which was to remain faithful to god and let his life be taken for us, then w ...[text shortened]... sus in no way was God on earth. He was a man and that's all he was while he was here.
    I was with you on this right up to the end. Surely you do not deny that He was the Son of God and therefore divine?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:43
    I was with you on this right up to the end. Surely you do not deny that He was the Son of God and therefore divine?
    Yes he is totally the son of God but he is not the same being as Almighty God as the trinity teaches. This 1 in 3 God does not exist. Jesus was created just as the other angels were created with the only differance is that God created Jesus first and that Jesus was involved in all other creation, hence the term "helper" is applied to Jesus.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:49
    Yes he is totally the son of God but he is not the same being as Almighty God as the trinity teaches. This 1 in 3 God does not exist. Jesus was created just as the other angels were created with the only differance is that God created Jesus first and that Jesus was involved in all other creation, hence the term "helper" is applied to Jesus.
    But what about His divinity? Shouldn't His status as "the only begotten Son of God" make Him divine as well?

Or are you saying that He was simply just another angel?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:52
    No trinity!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 01:081 edit
    But what about His divinity? Shouldn't His status as "the only begotten Son of God" make Him divine as well?

Or are you saying that He was simply just another angel?
    It depends on what you mean by being divine. That word actually has different meanings and the one applying to to Jesus would be "divine like" or "divine in nature".

If you look at the context of Colossians 2:9 it shows that having “divinity,” or “divine nature,” does not make Christ the same as God the Almighty.

Colossians 1:19
    Good News Translation (GNT)
    19 For it was by God's own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God.

This shows that God allowed Jesus to have this divine or godlike nature in him. This was not an automatic thing to happen to Jesus and does not show at all the Jesus is now God himself but now has the same qualities, goals, mindset, etc, as his father.

To show that Paul himself did not believe that Jesus was God he later said in Col 3:1 said this:

Good News Translation (GNT)
    1 You have been raised to life with Christ, so set your hearts on the things that are in heaven, where Christ sits on his throne at the right side of God.

If Jesus were God himself then he would not be shown sitting on another thrown beside himself.

Just a side point is where is the Holy Spirit sitting? It's not and not even mentioned. The reason is because it's not a being that can sit on a thrown. It is simply God's spirit or active force that he uses to do his will. If it were a spirit being as Jesus is, is it not divine also? No it isn't

So yes Jesus is divine in nature as his Father has given that honor to him. He can be considered a God but he is not Almighty God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree