1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:201 edit
    I thought this could be edifying if any Bible believers care to explain which beliefs are really spiritually important to have, hopefully citing chapter and verse. It might be helpful to give examples of Bible truths one need not necessarily have belief in.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:283 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    I thought this could be edifying if any Bible believers care to explain which beliefs are really spiritually important to have, hopefully citing chapter and verse. It might be helpful to give examples of Bible truths one need not necessarily have belief in.
    ok, Bible in thirty seconds,

mankind rebelled against God, sought independence, sin entered into the world, God
    provided a seed that would undo the effects of this rebellion, that seed would come
    through Abraham, through Israel, through David and would manifest itself in Jesus
    Christ. Christ sacrifice made propitiation for that sin, thus all mankind could now have
    a relationship again with God on its basis, sin and thus death would be brought to
    nothing. A Heavenly government termed Gods Kingdom, comprising of 144,000
    members would rule over a cleansed earth, free from sin, Satan would be destroyed,
    'the original serpent', and mankind restored to perfection. The earth shall be restored
    to a paradise as it was intended to be and perfect humans will live on it forever! free
    from sin and death.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:32
    Paul gave some nice simple answers to that, and the reason why Paul is a good starting point to get that essential truth which are important is as follows :

- Paul was sent by Christ to preach to the Gentiles
    - In those days there was no New Testament and very few Gentiles had access to the Old Testament.

Why is that a good starting point, is that the words of Paul to the Gentile churches, which are essentially the words of Christ [as Christ was leading him on as to what to say], must therefore contain the essential truths which are important.

In summary its the gospel preached by Paul which is important. Understanding it requires no scholarly expertise and no fancy translations. Its all about believing that Christ came, died for us, rose from the dead, and will return to set up his kingdom and judge us all. To demonstrate our belief, we are required to be baptised and to do the good works spoken of by Christ and all the Apostles.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:451 edit
    Robbie's post has some examples of Bible truths which are not considered essential, simply because Christ or Paul never said it. If they are essential in anyone's opinion, then if you are right, the thousands baptized and converted by Paul and the Apostles, would perish. Bear in mind that in the days of the Apostles there were very few OTs around and no NT. Many new Christians might never see a Bible but would simply go by what they heard from the teachings of Paul. And Yes, Christ would consider them righteous if their heart was right with God, despite their scanty knowledge. Knowledge is not a requirement for acceptance by Christ.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:46
    An interesting thread but I struggle with the idea of chopping up scripture into what is essentially favoured bits of doctrine. It is the erosion of faith in the efficacy of God's word in its entirety, the truth of the Gospel which spans aeons and the complete and finished work of Christ at Calvary that drives some of those who would seek away.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Robbie's post has some examples of Bible truths which are not considered essential, simply because Christ or Paul never said it. If they are essential in anyone's opinion, then if you are right, the thousands baptized and converted by Paul and the Apostles, would perish. Bear in mind that in the days of the Apostles there were very few OTs around and no NT. ...[text shortened]... God, despite their scanty knowledge. Knowledge is not a requirement for acceptance by Christ.
    Knowledge is not a requirement for acceptance by Christ???

every Jehovah's witness kid knows this verse,

(John 17:3) . . .This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only
    true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

I suggest you learn its meaning.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 00:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Knowledge is not a requirement for acceptance by Christ???

every Jehovah's witness kid knows this verse,

(John 17:3) . . .[b]This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you
    , the only
    true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

I suggest you learn its meaning.[/b]
    Thats the basic knowledge which I explained earlier and which Paul preached in great detail and which I said already was essential.

Im referring to in depth knowledge of the type not preached by Paul which you said was essential .. such as knowledge of 144,000 .. etc.
  8. St. Peter's
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 01:01
    Jesus is Lord
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 03:222 edits
    1. Christ is both son of man and Son of God, making Him deity.

2. Christ is the promised messiah foretold in the Old Testament Scriptures.

3. Christ lived a sinless life as a man.

4. Christ paid the pentalty for our sins by giving up His own life to
    save all humanity.

5. Christ resurrected Himself in a glorified physical body of flesh and
    bones, thereby proving the resurrection of the dead.

6. There will be a future Judgment Day when Christ will Judge all humans.

7. All humans that believe and trust in Christ as Lord will be spared the
    second death.

The above are 7 of the essential truths of Christianity that I recall.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 06:43
    OK thanks to all sincere replies, but I need to clarify.

You have stated things, thanks for that. Some of what you have said may differ from what is stated by others; let's leave that aside for now. PLEASE. PLEASE. But, my question was, what BELIEFS are really spiritually important to HAVE. Important for me to BELIEVE. What happens if one lives a life without BELIEVING one of more of those things you have stated as fact?

So assuming you have stated the facts, which of them is it essential that I BELIEVE?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 09:27
    .. What happens if one lives a life without BELIEVING one of more of those things you have stated as fact?..
    Then that person is without hope and without God..

Eph 2:11-13 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, ... That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 17:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Then that person is without hope and without God..

Eph 2:11-13 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, ... That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    I will assume there is general agreement with you from the other respondents, subject to their comment, if any.

I'd say it is a simple fact that non-Christians are without the hopes and the god described in response to this thread, just as Christians are without the hopes and gods of non-Christian faiths.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:14
    I will assume there is general agreement with you from the other respondents, subject to their comment, if any.

I'd say it is a simple fact that non-Christians are without the hopes and the god described in response to this thread, just as Christians are without the hopes and gods of non-Christian faiths.
    The only faith other than the Christian faith that has any hope at all is the
    Jewish faith. All other faiths are pure fantasy just like the atheists say. 😏
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The only faith other than the Christian faith that has any hope at all is the
    Jewish faith. All other faiths are pure fantasy just like the atheists say. 😏
    This seems to modify your point #7, above in this thread, but I'm not sure exactly how.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:48

Every Christian was once a non-Christian. Not sure what you're getting on about that non-Christians are without the hopes and God. Every non-Christian is lost and then the ones who become Christian are found. No one should be without hope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree