What is

What is "hell"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jul 19

This has been discussed many times and with many opinions but most of the Christian religions believe it to be a place of eternal punishment that all who are not accepted by God will go to hell and burn forever.
We know there are some here that do not buy into that and as a sad result have turned their back on the bible and God because of not believing that God would do that to any human or just never wanting to get involved period.
After all the bible clearly says that death clears us of all sins and this was why Jesus died for all humans so that they would have chances to be forgiven of all their sins.
This comment was made by FMF in another thread and it's one I completely agree with him in the sense that many who are taught from the pulpits by their church leaders use that to scare and control them *and to keep their donation plates full. ( * my input )

"Most Christians purport to believe in torment in burning flames. I think they believe in that kind of "coercion". How do you think the 'threats of eternal torment' ideology relates to 'free will' ideology?"

So what is "hell" that the bible says that humans will go to after death? It is simply the physical grave that all humans go to after death.
Would God actually torment his creation by fire forever and ever for committing sins? Would a human parent discipline a child of theirs every day of their life for some mistake they made?
Yes the bible does say that ones who are wicked will burn in the "lake of fire" forever. But it also says that "hell" or "sheol" or "hades" will be there to.
The description of this "lake of fire" is this: "A symbolic place that “burns with fire and sulfur,” also described as “the second death.”
Unrepentant sinners, the Devil, and even death and the grave (or, Hades or sheol) are also there.
Since this includes all humans that "practiced" wickedness and Satan a spirit being and death of which cannot be affected by fire, it would indicate that this lake is a symbol, not of everlasting torment, but of everlasting destruction. It simply means all these things will never exist again​—Re 19:20; 20:14, 15; 21:8.

Comments?

F

Moves
13 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
This has been discussed many times and with many opinions but most of the Christian religions believe it to be a place of eternal punishment that all who are not accepted by God will go to hell and burn forever.
We know there are some here that do not buy into that and as a sad result have turned their back on the bible and God because of not believing that God would do ...[text shortened]... It simply means all these things will never exist again​—Re 19:20; 20:14, 15; 21:8.

Comments?
I believe that "hell" and "sin" only exist in the minds of people whose religions feature them.

Moves
13 Jul 19

Hell is a car wash without suds.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 19

@fmf said
I believe that "hell" and "sin" only exist in the minds of people whose religions feature them.
Hell is trying to beat some sense into your head so that you will know that
- your JW buddies are not part of the 144,000
- Jesus never preached to the masses to go door to door, that was a specific instruction for certain disciples.
- that your organisation has proven to be false prophets and that should normally humble normal people. but in this case the more youall fail the more arrogant you get
- that not everything in the bible is crystal clear. We do not know everything, except what God wants us to know. Hell is one of those topics that defies a firm conclusion at this time.

F

Moves
13 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Hell is trying to beat some sense into your head so that you will know that
- your JW buddies are not part of the 144,000
- Jesus never preached to the masses to go door to door, that was a specific instruction for certain disciples.
- that your organisation has proven to be false prophets and that should normally humble normal people. but in this case the more youall f ...[text shortened]... t what God wants us to know. Hell is one of those topics that defies a firm conclusion at this time.
I shall pass on your message to galveston75!

Moves
13 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
We do not know everything, except what God wants us to know.
Funny you should say that, because God told me something quite different just the other day. 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 19

@fmf said
I shall pass on your message to galveston75!
Lol .. thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
Funny you should say that, because God told me something quite different just the other day. 😉
I dont enjoy speaking to your types due to your inability to speak clearly .. but what exactly did God tell you

Moves
13 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
I dont enjoy speaking to your types due to your inability to speak clearly .. but what exactly did God tell you
That's fine. Operators are standing by.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
13 Jul 19

there is no "hell".

there is a place where light does not exist. this is the place of the "outer darkeness" where the "sons of perdition" are.

to become a "son of peridition" one must have received the holy
ghost and then forcefully and willfully abandoned it.

this is mormon doctrine ( if i have exspressed it correctly ).

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
We know there are some here that do not buy into that and as a sad result have turned their back on the bible and God because of not believing that God would do ...[text shortened]... It simply means all these things will never exist again​—Re 19:20; 20:14, 15; 21:8.

Comments?
Having established yourself that this has been discussed many times before (understatement) why not think of an original topic to post?

Those are my comments.

Moves
13 Jul 19

I want to know what hell is, I want you to show me
I want to feel what hell is, I know you can show me

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
I want to know what hell is, I want you to show me
I want to feel what hell is, I know you can show me
Wise man say, 'hell isn't a place, it is a state of mind.'

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
That's fine. Operators are standing by.
Thats what I mean.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
13 Jul 19

Hell is finding out Santa Claus isn't real.