1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 22:00
    @galveston75 said
    Oh just that a burning hell is not a bible teaching.
    A burning hell is a bible teaching. The teaching that nonChristians will be cast into this burning hell and tormented for eternity, is not in the bible
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 22:42
    @rajk999 said
    A burning hell is a bible teaching. The teaching that nonChristians will be cast into this burning hell and tormented for eternity, is not in the bible
    So only Christians go to this burning hell?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 22:54
    @galveston75 said
    So only Christians go to this burning hell?
    Evil people are destroyed in this burning hell as Jesus said several times.
    Let me know if you want the passages

The typical Christian doctrine is that nonChristians are TORMENTED FOR ETERNITY in this burning hell.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 22:26
    @kellyjay said
    Okay, so God is totally just, good, and holy without flaw. He is also merciful and loving so to justify us Jesus took on all of our sins, becoming sin so we could be forgiven. The cross of Christ makes sure God's nature is completely satisfied, and only through Jesus Christ is this true. Outside of the cross none of God's attributes are satisfied, justice therefore requires ...[text shortened]... elings in the here and now don't matter any more than they can change the sky's color, or the grass.
    Is this blurb your best defence of your belief that Jesus will carry out worst torture in the history of the universe?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 23:17
    @divegeester said
    Is this blurb your best defence of your belief that Jesus will carry out worst torture in the history of the universe?
    It will not be the history of the universe, there will be eternity with God in His Kingdom, and those kept out due to their sins. You think there will be a past, present, and future in the eternal kingdom?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 23:20
    @kellyjay said
    Okay, so God is totally just, good, and holy without flaw.
    What you are saying is that you believe the god figure at the centre of your moral ideology is "totally just, good, and holy without flaw". In terms of defending an ideology, that's a pretty self-serving little bit of rhetoric for which you only seem to have "It is because it is" type arguments to shore up.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '19 23:22
    @kellyjay said
    It will not be the history of the universe, there will be eternity with God in His Kingdom, and those kept out due to their sins. You think there will be a past, present, and future in the eternal kingdom?
    So the torment in burning flames is not "eternal" then? The burning flames will not be happening in the future? Is that your position now?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 03:43
    @kellyjay said
    No idea, but my question to you was:

Is this blurb (your previous post) your best defence of your belief that Jesus will carry out worst torture ever.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 03:52
    @kellyjay said
    Okay, so God is totally just, good, and holy without flaw. He is also merciful and loving so to justify us Jesus took on all of our sins, becoming sin so we could be forgiven. The cross of Christ makes sure God's nature is completely satisfied, and only through Jesus Christ is this true. Outside of the cross none of God's attributes are satisfied, justice therefore requires ...[text shortened]... elings in the here and now don't matter any more than they can change the sky's color, or the grass.
    All hail the Dear Leader, Kim Il Jesus !
    Love him or he will torture you forever.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 19:52
    @caissad4 said
    All hail the Dear Leader, Kim Il Jesus !
    Love him or he will torture you forever.
    Hi So have you had the chance to read or look into my post on hell and what it actually is which is just another word for the grave? The burning hell that most so called Christian religions teach is not correct because that does not exist. God would never do that to anyone and the Bible clearly says that ones death wipes out all sins.
    Plus the idea of hell actually being a real place that burns humans was never taught by Jesus and was introduced into the church a few hundred years after he died. He warned that teachings such as this would be added later that were not true.
    If you happened to understand that it is not what the bible teaches, would that help you in understanding that God is not that evil being that most churches teach he is? Just asking.....
  11. Albion
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 20:06
    @caesar-salad
    I'll spare you hell and offer a fish suppler?
  12. Albion
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 20:15
    No, that really disturbs me. Did they actually slit a kittys throat? Na way!
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jul '19 20:15
    @entropysail said
    @caesar-salad
    I'll spare you hell and offer a fish suppler?
    Are you here for the evening?

😴
  14. Albion
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 07:042 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jul '19 11:21
    @galveston75 said
    Hi So have you had the chance to read or look into my post on hell and what it actually is which is just another word for the grave? The burning hell that most so called Christian religions teach is not correct because that does not exist. God would never do that to anyone and the Bible clearly says that ones death wipes out all sins.
    Plus the idea of hell actually bei ...[text shortened]... ou in understanding that God is not that evil being that most churches teach he is? Just asking.....
    What are we to make of Luke 16:

'One day the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. And the rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side. So he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. For I am in agony in this fire.’

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree