What is

What is "hell"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 19

Going to bed but will leave a couple scriptures to show God's viewpoint which is who I try my best to obey. I tend to follow his words over mans opinions....

James 1:14, 15:
14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.

"If unclean thoughts entice you, take immediate action. Jesus said: “If, then, your hand or your foot makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. . . . Also, if your eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you.” (Matt. 18:8, 9) Jesus was not suggesting self-mutilation. He was illustrating the need to remove the source of stumbling​—quickly and decisively. " The Watchtower—Study Edition | June 2019

F

Moves
14 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Imagine a man lives for 25 years and does not accept Christ and the God of these Christians torture the man for 50,000,000,0000,000,000 years and keeps on going. The idea of eternal torture can only make sense in the mind of fool.
But... but... "It is because it is".

F

Moves
14 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Going to bed but will leave a couple scriptures to show God's viewpoint which is who I try my best to obey. I tend to follow his words over mans opinions....

James 1:14, 15:
14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings ...[text shortened]... remove the source of stumbling​—quickly and decisively. " The Watchtower—Study Edition | June 2019
It's interesting how you have basically blanked out my responses to your questions, despite my efforts to engage you. Luckily the writing done here is for personal 'therapeutical' discourse reasons and is done for public consumption and is not invalidated by the intellectual weakness or interpersonal cowardice of regurgitating peephole ideologues like you. I say this in a spirit of candour and without rancour.

Moves
14 Jul 19
1 edit

@galveston75 asked “what is hell?”

If you believe the likes of sonship, Secondson, Eladar, LemonLime, whodey, KellyJay and most American Christians in here, then is:

- a place purposefully created by God
- it contains a lake of burning fire, sulphur and brimstone
- it’s smoke goes up forever
- all non Christians will be cast into this lake along with the “Beast”, the “False Prophet” and their followers.
- all of these people and beings will be supernaturally kept alive such that their flesh-melting suffering will be everlasting
- this holocaust is overseen by the Lamb (Jesus) and his angels, according to Christian literal interpretation the book of Revelation
- the people being cast into this lake of anguish are the people that Jesus “loved so much that he died for them” John 3:16
- and yet apparently Jesus still new that they wouldn’t become Christians so he created the most appalling eternalised punishment for those he “loved so much” and even “while we were still sinners”.

This child which was born to be King, born to be the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, the Almighty God...this version of Jesus has designed and overseas a place filled with an eternal hate-crime worse than all the accumulated hate-crimes, genocides and terrorise ever committed on earth.

Telling people about this strategy of eternal suffering makes people love Jesus and want to be a Christian.

Moves
14 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
Funny you should say that, because God told me something quite different just the other day. 😉
Was it to remove some more of your posts?

Moves
14 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Having established yourself that this has been discussed many times before (understatement) why not think of an original topic to post?

Those are my comments.
Galveston75 is a ideologue of the cult of Jehovah’s Witnesses, he is not interested in genuine discourse or dialogue, only the propagation of his religious organisation.

I suspect that he is using one of this forums most populated topics as a launch pad for some Watchtower dogma.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
@galveston75 asked “what is hell?”

If you believe the likes of sonship, Secondson, Eladar, LemonLime, whodey, KellyJay and most American Christians in here, then is:

- a place purposefully created by God
- it contains a lake of burning fire, sulphur and brimstone
- it’s smoke goes up forever
- all non Christians will be cast into this lake along with the “Beast ...[text shortened]... people about this strategy of eternal suffering makes people love Jesus and want to be a Christian.
Do you think God is good, just, righteous, holy and all of these perfectly so?
Perfectly means He cannot get better, or worse at them, being perfectly so is untainted by any flaw!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 19
2 edits

@divegeester No not at all as my post shows. It is not a bible teaching and in fact has pagan origins.
Here are some decent links to see where this started and how and when it was adopted into the churches.....

http://30ce.com/developmentofhell.htm

https://rcg.org/books/ttah.html

https://goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/hellfire2.htm

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
14 Jul 19

@rajk999 said

The idea of eternal torture can only make sense in the mind of fool.
Every time I become certain Theists are totally stupid, one of them makes a statement I totally agree with. Excellent post !

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
Every time I become certain Theists are totally stupid, one of them makes a statement I totally agree with. Excellent post !
Not all are totally stupid. Those who have escaped the influence of the church and who follow Christ tend to drop many ridiculous teachings. Its a hard life though. You get sidelined by friends and family.

Moves
14 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Do you think God is good, just, righteous, holy and all of these perfectly so?
Perfectly means He cannot get better, or worse at them, being perfectly so is untainted by any flaw!
Yes of course, which, also of course, is why your dogma on hell and eternal suffering is the more wrong thing in the history of wrong things.

Moves
14 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
@divegeester No not at all as my post shows. It is not a bible teaching and in fact has pagan origins.
Here are some decent links to see where this started and how and when it was adopted into the churches.....

http://30ce.com/developmentofhell.htm

https://rcg.org/books/ttah.html

https://goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/hellfire2.htm
Which part of my lengthy and condemnation exegesis on the doctrine of eternal suffering are you referring?

Moves
14 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
You should probably rewrite this post such that Rajk999 is not included in your sample.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Yes of course, which, also of course, is why your dogma on hell and eternal suffering is the more wrong thing in the history of wrong things.
Okay, so God is totally just, good, and holy without flaw. He is also merciful and loving so to justify us Jesus took on all of our sins, becoming sin so we could be forgiven. The cross of Christ makes sure God's nature is completely satisfied, and only through Jesus Christ is this true. Outside of the cross none of God's attributes are satisfied, justice therefore requires total condemnation, making holiness reject the evil and wickedness we do, and God's goodness requiring these things to be answered for, therefore no one without Jesus' forgiveness will be entering into God's Kingdom.

At the very beginning we were to be made in the image of God in Genesis, and God has not changed His mind about this. We are being conformed into God's image, into Jesus' image.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

This goal of God is for us to share in His nature being made in His image, which is why we are told to forgive as we have been forgiven, if not we will not be forgiven. We are told not to judge lest we be judged! This is why we are told to love God and each other to the point that we are warned that if we cannot love those we see, we cannot say that we love God. What God does for us He wants us to do to others He is our example, forgive, give grace.

The angelic host are eternal beings they will face an eternal punishment, we are eternal beings with the greatest of all futures before us. To come up short here we too will be going through an eternal punishment, as Jesus puts it, if we fail we will be unworthy of Him. A timeless God with eternal consequences after judgment isn't going to be looking at us then as we look at time now. Now there are limitations in all of life, our life spans are around 120 at the high end, there its all eternal. I grant you it is a horrible idea that this is before us, but our feelings in the here and now don't matter any more than they can change the sky's color, or the grass.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Which part of my lengthy and condemnation exegesis on the doctrine of eternal suffering are you referring?
Oh just that a burning hell is not a bible teaching.