1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:342 edits
    Folks notice skeptics like FMF employ typical tactics.

If a Christian says "God will have a last judgment" they want you to conduct it now on some hypothetical case.

If a Christian says "God speaks to His people" they want immediately a list the people here who have heard God speak and those who have not.

His next post may well be "Show me where I did that ? "

Let's see. Maybe I'll be surprised.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:381 edit
    God speaking is further evidence that the Holy Spirit is a "Person".

Does a mere energy or force speak? No.

"He who has an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Repeated seven times in Rev. 2,3.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:411 edit
    Try this one.

sonship !!! Did you have God's speaking when you told Rajk999 to pull his head out of his caste iron butt ??

Gotcha!!!

Yea, You got me.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:43
    Rajk999,

I am not sorry for what I said. I apologize for the way I said it.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:43
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You mean God doesn't speak to you?
    It is normal to have the speaking of God for a Christian.

It is abnormal if you never have the speaking of God and you claim to be a Christian.
    God speaks to all Christians, and Christians have a multitude of doctrines.
    Can you explain that?

Let me help you. There are only two options here.
    Its either God is causing confusion, or
    Christians are mistaken when they claim that God speaks to them.

I strongly lean toward the latter explanation.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Without going to another source...

I tend to view it as the omnipresent and all pervading will of God, and a sort of metaphysical "logos" that animates the spiritual structure of existence.

I think St. Augustine properly summed up the Trinity, though, by saying that we cannot fully comprehend God. It's like trying to put the sea into a single ...[text shortened]... is incomprehensible to us and we cannot be certain of what it entials fully.

Great question.
    The question was loaded, not great.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:59
    Rajk999,

I am not sorry for what I said. I apologize for the [b]way
    I said it.[/b]
    I accept apologies from people who have offended me.
    Words dont offend me, so no apology is necessary
    Maybe you need to apologise to yourself.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 13:594 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    God speaks to all Christians, and Christians have a multitude of doctrines.
    Can you explain that?

You assuming that only on informational points will God speak. "This doctrine is right. That doctrine is wrong."

His speaking may be more often along the line of how you express Jesus in your life.

This is what Paul labors to help us understand in Ephesians. Ie.

"Until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, at a full grown man, at the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

That we may be no longer little children tossed by waves and carried about by every wind of teaching in the sleight of men, in craftiness with a view to a system of error,

But holding to truth in love we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ." (Eph. 4:13-15)

Growing up into Him in ALL THINGS is not just increasing in correct doctrinal information.

It is to express Christ in ALL of our living.
    A Christian can be "dead right".

A Christian can be doctrinally not too correct but expressing Christ in her life, his life.

You must have read about LOVE surpassing gift, knowledge, zeal, and alms in First Corinthians 13.

suppose in the middle of debate about how to baptize the Holy Spirit says - "You know you ought to love that sister. You know you ought to love the brother."

And sometimes God may speak - "Believe this way rather than that way."

To listen and obey God's speaking may not be instantaneous. It may take abnormally long. Sooner or latter you will listen and obey of you are a saved person.

Why not sooner rather than latter?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:011 edit
    Folks notice skeptics like FMF employ typical tactics.
    Because you are so vain and have such an utterly brittle persona on this forum, you portray attempts to engage you as "tactics" and also things like being slimy, demonic, diseased, dishonest, satanic, this all just disinhibited self-sanctified cyber smackdown on your part, ad nauseam. And it's got just worse and worse over the last 2-3 years. What is the matter with you?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:05
    No FMF, I am not attaching to this post the definitive [b]list of people here who have or have not had God's speaking. [/b]
    So you are claiming that your god figure is speaking to you and directing you here, but as for the likes of Eladar and divegeester and Rajk999, you have no comment?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Because you are so vain and have such an utterly brittle persona on this forum, you portray attempts to engage you as "tactics" and also things like being slimy, demonic, diseased, dishonest, satanic, all just disinhibited self-sanctified cyber smackdown, ad nauseam. And it's got just worse and worse over the last 2-3 years. What is the matter with you?
    Because you are so vain and have such an utterly brittle persona on this forum,

Horrors. What an indictment.

you portray attempts to engage you as "tactics" and also things like being slimy, demonic, diseased, dishonest, satanic,

It depends.
    It depends on what is at stake.

I do not accuse all counter argument in such strong terms. If and when I think such a strong word is called for, I may use it.

all just disinhibited self-sanctified cyber smackdown, ad nauseam. And it's got just worse and worse over the last 2-3 years. What is the matter with you?

Which one of my many faults has the most caused you not to believe in Christ the Son of God ?

You can look directly to Christ and not be overly concerned with the messenger, can't you?

Your frothing against me will not amount to a tiny hill of beans on the day you stand before Christ.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:113 edits
    Um, the subject here is the Holy "Ghost". I prefer "Holy Spirit".

You know the NT tells the Christian not to GRIEVE the Holy Spirit. Now you can only GRIEVE a living Person.

Eph. 4:30 -
    King James Bible
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    And don't grieve God's Holy Spirit. You were sealed by Him for the day of redemption.

International Standard Version
    Do not grieve the Holy Spirit, by whom you were marked with a seal for the day of redemption.

We use "Person" out of the limitation of the human language. God is mysterious. There is no question about that fact that an divine uncreated and eternal Being is to us ever a mystery.

The Holy Spirit can be made sorrowful by the disobedient believer who grieves the Holy Spirit.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:24
    Which one of my many faults has the most caused you not to believe in Christ the Son of God ?
    Oh dear. You seem to be rather puffed up this evening, sonship. You know full well why I am not a Christian, we have talked about it many times, and it has nothing to do with people like you behaving the way you do.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:281 edit
    Your frothing against me will not amount to a tiny hill of beans on the day you stand before Christ.
    And no amount of your sanctimonious frothing by you against me ~ or against anyone ~ will make the notion that there will come a day when people "stand before Christ" seem anything other than far-fetched.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 14:321 edit
    The "Person" of the Holy Spirit is Christ Himself in another form.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

The Spirit that gives eternal life, divine life is Christ, aka "the last Adam" and "the second man".

He became a life imparting Holy Spirit.

The Lord Jesus Christ IS the Spirit -

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit.
    The Lord Jesus Christ became a divine life imparting Spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree