What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You wipe out the notion of a real good and evil, than all bets are off and everything is acceptable, think that through!
The "notion of real good and evil" that you have is part of your 'nurture'; meaning, it's one of the things you have been exposed to and experienced and which has been synthesized by your personal moral compass.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
So you bring your wife into this discussion and if I say anything you want to accuse me of bad mouthing her?
I explained to you repeatedly that, when you publically branded me as a "liar" about being a Christian for nearly 30 years, you were accusing me of lying about my wife and about my marriage, about my children, about my own parents and my siblings, and about everything I ever did in my life up until when I had lost my faith.

I explained it to you several times and yet you persisted with your accusation. I explained that I felt you were not only trolling me but also my wife and family [with the idea that I would come to a forum like this and lie about the most important people in my life for over a decade] and yet you persisted with it.

All because I had asked you a couple of awkward questions after you'd contradicted yourself and something had not made sense.

I have accused you of being dishonest in discussions a few times, but I have never trolled you and your family about the very essence of the life you have shared. Not even after you started with the 'FMF is lying about everything and everyone in his life' riff.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Mar 19

@KellyJay

If Darwin was correct, and there isn't any difference between our lives and lives of any animal, what causes you to want morals?

I don’t read all of the exchanges between you and FMF and this reply by you is one reason why. Utter intellectual dishonesty; I must have seen you ask a version of this question at least a dozen times in the last few moths and I’ve seen FMF answer it at least a dozen times. You just blank our his replies in a @Fetchmyjunk sort of way.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Mar 19

@KellyJay

Without God, what is it that could hold anyone who didn't want to, to go back on their word breaking promises. If breaking a promise helps them, wouldn't survival of the fittest mean we don't have to keep promises?

You either don’t understand natural selection or you don’t understand human survival behaviour, or both.

If someone held your family to ransom and you knew that you could get them back perfectly healthy if you lied about something, you would do it in a heartbeat. And so would I. So much for morals in survival situations.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Do you believe we each have our own personal moral compass, and please note when I say compass I'm speaking about something that guides each of us towards our moral values?
Shaped by our individual societies and upbringing, sure.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
If Darwin was correct, and there isn't any difference between our lives and lives of any animal, what causes you to want morals?
You are claiming that Darwin said there isn't any difference between humans and "any animal" in terms of morality and in terms of the "lives" humans live compared to the "lives of animals"?

In which book do you claim Darwin said this?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Without God, what is it that could hold anyone who didn't want to, to go back on their word breaking promises.
Without your God. With your God. Without your God. With your God. What difference does it make?

You have admitted time and time and time again, in the course of discussions, that you are "evil" and "wicked" and that you believe you deserve to be "tormented in burning flames for eternity" just the same as everybody else.

You've admitted over and over again that you do "evil" things and you do "wicked" things.

Without your God. With your God.

What difference does it make?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
The "notion of real good and evil" that you have is part of your 'nurture'; meaning, it's one of the things you have been exposed to and experienced and which has been synthesized by your personal moral compass.
Synthesized by my moral compass? What in the material world could be writing code into my brain or give me something allowing me to judge even through experience? What in the world are you talking about here, in order to judge one thing good and another evil that requires a standard to look at all things, this has to be a part of the things you are looking at. Even to judge one thing heavier than another a scale has to be used to place both on, there needs to be something shows the truth. You have produced nothing yet!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
I explained to you repeatedly that, when you publically branded me as a "liar" about being a Christian for nearly 30 years, you were accusing me of lying about my wife and about my marriage, about my children, about my own parents and my siblings, and about everything I ever did in my life up until when I had lost my faith.

I explained it to you several times and yet you pers ...[text shortened]... . Not even after you started with the 'FMF is lying about everything and everyone in his life' riff.
You are not accurately giving my side of our past discussions, but the good thing is in this you can go back and time and pull up my posts. Other wise you just again avoiding reality and going after a person again with your opinion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
Maybe morals evolved because "nature is a brutal place".
You see morals in the animal, insect, or aquatic worlds? What sets us apart if we are nothing more or less than any other lifeform through evolution? When we see the strong set upon the weak where does this protect the weak from just nature? I believe truth runs counter to that mindset, show me how a transforming chemical in the material world produce something so counter to that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Shaped by our individual societies and upbringing, sure.
Fine tell me then if its all from chemical changes through evolution where did the societies acquire such notions? Upbringing has a cause from intelligent but it doesn't explain the intelligence, where did these notions come from? You are running in around in circulars here suggesting we get the notions of morals by having the notions of morals are you not?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
You are claiming that Darwin said there isn't any difference between humans and "any animal" in terms of morality and in terms of the "lives" humans live compared to the "lives of animals"?

In which book do you claim Darwin said this?
If all life came up through evolution is there any difference between life of one than another? Can chemical changes in purely a materialistic world produce morals, that is your issue. You've said we all have different compasses, why?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Fine tell me then if its all from chemical changes through evolution where did the societies acquire such notions? Upbringing has a cause from intelligent but it doesn't explain the intelligence, where did these notions come from? You are running in around in circulars here suggesting we get the notions of morals by having the notions of morals are you not?
No.

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
If all life came up through evolution is there any difference between life of one than another? Can chemical changes in purely a materialistic world produce morals, that is your issue. You've said we all have different compasses, why?
Where is the Darwin quote? Which papers or books are you citing?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You see morals in the animal, insect, or aquatic worlds? What sets us apart if we are nothing more or less than any other lifeform through evolution?
Our brains. Our capacity for abstraction. Our memories. Our narratives. Do you not read my posts?