What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
I don't "goad" anyone.
Have you read none of your posts in the last ten years?

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Is this how you inflate your post count? By replying separately to each line of a post?

I actually never thought of that. "Now with three times the bland wordiness without meaning!"
Why would anybody 'inflate their post count'? How did such a thing even occur to you?

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Good, I see some improvement in your demeanor about Christians.

How many times have I seen you goad Christians, asking if some other Christian doesn't agree with a point of doctrine are they still a Christian, etc.?

Glad to see you finally acknowledge that Christians can disagree on points of doctrine.
All the single thumbs down lol.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Have you read none of your posts in the last ten years?
I don't "goad" anyone. chaney3 did. robbie carrobie did. RJHinds did. Romans1009 did. Eladar did. I don't.

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19
2 edits

@fmf said
I don't "goad" anyone. chaney3 did. robbie carrobie did. RJHinds did. Romans1009 did. I don't.
I wonder if Suzianne will address SecondSon for berating me in this thread about being a fake Christian...

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Is this how you inflate your post count? By replying separately to each line of a post?

I actually never thought of that. "Now with three times the bland wordiness without meaning!"
It gives you bite-sized nuggets of content to ignore and deflect from rather than big bits with lots of points that are so often wasted on you.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Glad to see you finally acknowledge that Christians can disagree on points of doctrine.
I have been acknowledging it since I was s teenager and acknowledging it here week in week out for over a decade. The way different Christians behave - some standing up for their beliefs, others avoiding debate and discussion like the plague - is interesting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
I am reminded of one of the appaling 'gems' that Romans1009 came out with soon after he arrived here - and it was met with not one word of dissent from his fellow Christians, which means what it means.

He cited caring for his sick mother as one of his two Christian 'good works' in life* [the other one was giving money to charity] but he didn't 'claim' these 'good works' as bei ...[text shortened]... y impervious to the imperative conveyed by 1 Timothy 5:8, which Ghost of a Duke confronted him with,
I suggest you look up that person and ask them about this.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
But your version of Christianity has people who don't believe the same things ~ about a man who died 2,000 years ago ~ as you do being 'deservedly' "tormented in burning flames" for eternity.

You believe, your "sins" are forgiven, right? But if you 'don't believe', the exact same "sins" lead to neverending demented vengeful supernatural violence that appears to have no moral ...[text shortened]... he says religion gets in the way of what it truly means to be human and denigrates our commonality.
Even Christians don't believe the same things with each other.
It is about Jesus Christ nothing and no one else, He is either your Lord and Savior or not.

Deserving Hell is due to sins not a list of common or uncommon beliefs.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
Do you take any credit for being a Christian and believing in Jesus?
God called I answered, when God calls another, the choice is theirs not mine.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I suggest you look up that person and ask them about this.
The Christians who expressed no dissent at that time are still here. They could even respond to his unusual ideas now if they chose to, or they could imply endorsement through their inability or unwillingness to comment.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
God called I answered, when God calls another, the choice is theirs not mine.
What happens to all the people your God doesn't "call"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
Do you believe you are 'cleaner' than non-Christians?
Nope, even Paul when he spoke about his own righteousness rejected everything about himself when it came to his own righteousness. Nothing we bring to God is going to be good enough, we all need Him, none of us deserve His grace it is meritless not earned.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Even Christians don't believe the same things with each other.
It is about Jesus Christ nothing and no one else, He is either your Lord and Savior or not.

Deserving Hell is due to sins not a list of common or uncommon beliefs.
I read this twice. I think you either don't understand what you were replying to, or you do, but you are electing to sidestep it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
Incidentally, the first time sonship accused me of "eating faeces" and "spreading germs", it was in reply to a post like the one above.
I asked for your opinion I'm not going to bad mouth you for it.