What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
What divegeester says about me is false. He knows nothing about me, my life, my church or anything else about my personal life, yet he attempts to denigrate me by making things up.
Based on the candid things you have said and your demeanour and behaviour, I think it's possible to know a lot about you - or, at least, what you project and claim in online disinhibition mode. I don't see what rings false. It all has a loud ring of truth about it.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Essentially divegeester is you hiding behind a charade of Christianity.
He believes that Jesus died to save him from his "sins" and he strives to live in accordance with Jesus' commandments. This is unaffected by you calling it "a charade". He doesn't have to agree with you over all the doctrine.

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Like the whether? 🙂
See my edit sir.

(If we were to discuss the weather though it might be in how you choose to spell it).

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
I see you're upset divegeester, which is why you feel the need to be defensive and hurl vindictive insults.

You're holding grudges based on things you found in your imagination. You know nothing about me. Only what I believe, and you can't stand Christians that believe what the Bible says, which is why you take sides against them in these debates with your "friends".
Did you still want to debate the tree of life Josephw?

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@philokalia said
So now you will no longer attempt to defend your heretical position that man was not created in the image of God after I very thoroughly proved that this was the standard belief and that it is obviously supported by the Bible.

You hope to talk about how I am allegedly some kind of racist because you are probably now a bit embarrassed.

Didn't just earlier you ...[text shortened]... also has denied that man was created in the image of God.

Heresy upon heresy upon heresy.
I just did defend my position, robustly. If you would like to debate me on this further please pick the specifics in my posts which you are in disagreement with and let go for it.

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19
1 edit

@secondson said
Because he continuously picks and chooses what he thinks is metaphorical or literal.

It throws doubt on what he says he believes. I don't believe divegeester actually believes Jesus literally rose from the dead. If he did he wouldn't post with such vitriol against the Christians posting in this forum.

Essentially divegeester is you hiding behind a charade of Christianity.
If you would like to debate on the literalness of tree of life or the multiheaded beasts of Revelation then feel free to do so.

Meanwhile you can carry on venting your poisoned spleen by telling me I’m a heretic, unsaved, fake Christian etc.

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
What divegeester says about me is false. He knows nothing about me, my life, my church or anything else about my personal life, yet he attempts to denigrate me by making things up.

I guess fortunately for divegeester he has you as a friend here to defend his vitriol.
I reflect what you’ve said in this forum Jospehw. You even started a thread a while ago detailing what great person you were in your little church. It was toe-curling of course but the thread was revealing nonetheless.

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
I don't believe divegeester actually believes Jesus literally rose from the dead.
Then why did you ask me?

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
If he did he wouldn't post with such vitriol against the Christians posting in this forum.
But you have said the most horrendous things to me lately. Is it ok to say those things if the person is not a Christian?

Is that how you treat people in your little church?

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
I guess fortunately for divegeester he has you as a friend here to defend his vitriol.
But you fire vitriol at me every time you log on. Why is ok for you to do this?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
He believes that Jesus died to save him from his "sins" and he strives to live in accordance with Jesus' commandments. This is unaffected by you calling it "a charade". He doesn't have to agree with you over all the doctrine.
Good, I see some improvement in your demeanor about Christians.

How many times have I seen you goad Christians, asking if some other Christian doesn't agree with a point of doctrine are they still a Christian, etc.?

Glad to see you finally acknowledge that Christians can disagree on points of doctrine.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Good, I see some improvement in your demeanor about Christians.
I don't think there's anything wrong with nor anything different about my demeanour towards Christians. I always take what they say, what they believe, and how they behave, at face value and engage accordingly.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
How many times have I seen you goad Christians, asking if some other Christian doesn't agree with a point of doctrine are they still a Christian, etc.?
It's a debate and discussion forum and I am interested in how groupism and partisanship so often trump principle or integrity regarding beliefs. I don't "goad" anyone.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Glad to see you finally acknowledge that Christians can disagree on points of doctrine.
Blimey. Have you read any of my posts these last ten years?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 19

Is this how you inflate your post count? By replying separately to each line of a post?

I actually never thought of that. "Now with three times the bland wordiness without meaning!"