What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@divegeester said
It’s ok that we disagree, it’s allowed.

What I won’t sit still for is you using the bible as a pretence to hide your blatant racism.

All men are not created in the image of God, but all men are equal before God and your nasty ideas that intelligence is linked to race is one of the reasons you may percieve yourself to be unpopular with some people here.

Of cour ...[text shortened]... ick you up on it. That is part of the reason for your obsequious support of KellyJay and Romans1009.
So now you will no longer attempt to defend your heretical position that man was not created in the image of God after I very thoroughly proved that this was the standard belief and that it is obviously supported by the Bible.

You hope to talk about how I am allegedly some kind of racist because you are probably now a bit embarrassed.

Didn't just earlier you say that I was hopelessly wrong and that:

As usual you don’t know your bible philokalia, that is not what Christianity teaches at all, not in the slightest. In fact it’s almost the opposite.

And now you are talking about how it is OK to disagree with that...

Guy, you already put your foot in your mouth and denied a basic Christian doctrine.

Now you are hoping to escape it by calling me a racist.

Please, lol.

The real thing happening in this thread is the Christian most famous for [i[denying hell[/i] and denying the trinity now also has denied that man was created in the image of God.

Heresy upon heresy upon heresy.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
What does it mean to be human?
If you knew the immensity of what it means to be human, you would not talk about God or Heaven.

Jaggi Vasudev

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I boldly suggest Christianity does just that. It divides humans up into those worthy of salvation and those destined for damnation.

I put it to you sir that religion gets in the way of what it truly means to be human and denigrates our commonality.
Coming a little late to this thread.

I don't believe anyone is "destined for damnation" except through their own choices. Everyone is worthy of salvation. Jesus died for us all. All we have to do is accept his gift. I never have believed this supposedly "Christian" idea that the only ones who come to God are those He draws to Him. We ALL have the same choice. Just because some do not come to God does not mean that they weren't afforded the opportunity. My God is an Equal Opportunity God.

But yeah, this has put me at odds with other Christians. Some Christians like to think they are "special". I think that ALL humans start off "special" in the sight of God. Some do become unworthy, but only through their own choice.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If you knew the immensity of what it means to be human, you would not talk about God or Heaven.

Jaggi Vasudev
So, what would we talk about?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said

Why would you make that assertion when he said repeatedly TO YOU in 2018 that he believes that Jesus rose bodily from the grave?
Because he continuously picks and chooses what he thinks is metaphorical or literal.

It throws doubt on what he says he believes. I don't believe divegeester actually believes Jesus literally rose from the dead. If he did he wouldn't post with such vitriol against the Christians posting in this forum.

Essentially divegeester is you hiding behind a charade of Christianity.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Humanism.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Mar 19

@bigdoggproblem said
We are a mix of reason and passion; of the primal, and the logical.

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil can be thought of as a metaphor for the birth of reason in humans. Gone were the days when we could simply follow the varied urges to eat, sleep, protect our tribe, mate, etc. and not worry about much else. Reason evolved - we "ate from the tree" - and now ...[text shortened]... .

At least we've got a sense of humor to give us some relief from all the weighty considerations.
This is a stimulating thought. Well-stated.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
Because he continuously picks and chooses what he thinks is metaphorical or literal.
No, he doesn't. He very clearly sticks to what he interprets to be literal and metaphorical. And he told you unequivocally that he believes that Jesus rose bodily from the grave several times last year.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
I don't believe divegeester actually believes Jesus literally rose from the dead.
But he does believe it.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
You are what you post. The things you say - and the things you say about yourself - define you here. You haven't been saying "nothing".
What divegeester says about me is false. He knows nothing about me, my life, my church or anything else about my personal life, yet he attempts to denigrate me by making things up.

I guess fortunately for divegeester he has you as a friend here to defend his vitriol.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@fmf said
But he does believe it.
So you say.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
I don't believe divegeester actually believes Jesus literally rose from the dead. If he did he wouldn't post with such vitriol against the Christians posting in this forum.
Well he's a Christian and you post "such vitriol" against him, so what does that make you?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 Mar 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
You know, more important things...

Edit: Religion gives the wrong answer to 'why or how' we are here. Religion makes people content/complacent with this wrong answer. Free of religion we can, as a species, concentrate fully on finding the correct answer.

F

Moves
03 Mar 19

@secondson said
So you say.
It's obviously and unequivocally been his belief for as long as I have known him and for as long as he's been posting here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You know, more important things...
Like the whether? 🙂