1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 07:57
    @philokalia said
    I am probably the second most unpopular poster on this website.

It doesn't bother me.
    Why are you mentioning it then?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:03
    @divegeester said
    The same way I know that the multiheaded beasts wearing crowns and being ridden by whores wearing cloaks dripping in the blood of thousands of Christians is a metaphor and not real.
    Are you saying that the descriptions given in the Bible of the seraphims and cherubims is not real?

You know that how?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    @philokalia said
    That is completely wrong.

Moses says this:

Genesis 9:6 ESV / 113 helpful votes
    “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image

It is also important to note that in the previous iteration, where they are doing the creation itself, it does speak GENERALLY about creating man in His Image:

[quote]" ...[text shortened]... unfamiliarity with standard Christian belief.

Did you grow up in an unchurched environment, Dive?
    You don’t know your bible Jacob and you are conflating scriptures to support your erroneous argument.

All men are “brought forth in iniquity” not in the image of God. Would you say that I am the “image of God”? Would you say that Hitler was “the image of God”? Of course not.

Adam was created out of the dust in the image of God. Eve was created out of man and brought to man as a helper.

I’ll conceed that it could be argued that Eve was an image of God before the fall.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    @divegeester said
    I see through you Jacob. That’s all.
    Do you now?

Judging by your posts here, you should spend less time seeing through me and more time trying to see into your Bible.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:04
    @secondson said
    Are you saying that the descriptions given in the Bible of the seraphims and cherubims is not real?

You know that how?
    No, I’m saying that the trees in the garden of Eden are metaphors.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:05
    @secondson said

You know that how?
    Is it not up to each Christian [and Jew and Muslim, for that matter] to discern and interpret what is literal in the scriptures and what is allegorical and metaphorical? If it's not up to each Christian, which particular Christian is it up to?
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:06
    @divegeester said
    You don’t know your bible Jacob and you are conflating scriptures to support your erroneous argument.

All men are “brought forth in iniquity” not in the image of God. Would you say that I am the “image of God”? Would you say that Hitler was “the image of God”? Of course not.

Adam was created out of the dust in the image of God. Eve was created out of man and brough ...[text shortened]... as a helper.

I’ll conceed that it could be argued that Eve was an image of God before the fall.
    ... Why do Moses and Paul talk about man as created in the image of God?

Why does a theology article on Wikipedia say that this is a concept in Judaism, Christianity, and Sufism, if it is not the case?

Man was created in the image of God, and fell with Adam. Man is fallen, yet created to not be fallen. Thus, created to yearn for heaven.

You are going against the understandign fo Moses and Paul, and very boldly.

Make a good case for this or just concede that you made a pompous & foolish post accusing me of not being well versed in the Bible by stating a very common concept within all of Christianity.

Try to make it look like interacting with your heretical posts isn't a complete waste of time.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:081 edit
    @philokalia said
    Do you now?

Judging by your posts here, you should spend less time seeing through me and more time trying to see into your Bible.
    It’s ok that we disagree, it’s allowed.

What I won’t sit still for is you using the bible as a pretence to hide your blatant racism.

All men are not created in the image of God, but all men are equal before God and your nasty ideas that intelligence is linked to race is one of the reasons you may percieve yourself to be unpopular with some people here.

Of course the clique of “Christians” in this forum will never pick you up on it. That is part of the reason for your obsequious support of KellyJay and Romans1009.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:08
    @philokalia said
    Seeing as he believes that Jesus died to save him from his "sins" and he strives [in his self-confessedly flawed way] to lead a Christian life, what impact on divegeester's life would spending more time looking at his Bible actually have?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:09
    @divegeester said
    You can answer my question if you like, or just play games like you did last we discussed this.

Where is the tree of life?

I’ll answer it for you as you clearly have trouble seeing past the decades of Sunday school dogma you have been force fed.

Jesus Christ is the tree of life, he is the fruit bearer and we must eat of him. He is symbolised throughout the bible ...[text shortened]... are such simple things, it astonishes me that I have to argue these points with seasoned Christians.
    I'm curious, do you believe Jesus literally rose from the dead in the body He was crucified in?

Or was it a symbolic metaphor for something else?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:101 edit
    @philokalia said
    ... Why do Moses and Paul talk about man as created in the image of God?

Why does a theology article on Wikipedia say that this is a concept in Judaism, Christianity, and Sufism, if it is not the case?

Man was created in the image of God, and fell with Adam. Man is fallen, yet created to not be fallen. Thus, created to yearn for heaven. ...[text shortened]... ]

Try to make it look like interacting with your heretical posts isn't a complete waste of time.
    What do you think happened in the fall?

Why are we brought forth in iniquity?

Why have all men fallen short of the glory of God?

Why are we all born into sin?

Men/mankind was created in the image of God but we are no longer in that image.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:10
    @philokalia said
    Do you believe divegeester may face "damnation" rather than "salvation" over matters of doctrine?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:10
    @secondson said
    I'm curious, do you believe Jesus literally rose from the dead in the body He was crucified in?

Or was it a symbolic metaphor for something else?
    I’ll answer that when you respond to the matter of the trees.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:12
    @fmf said
    Seeing as he believes that Jesus died to save him from his "sins" and he strives [in his self-confessedly flawed way] to lead a Christian life, what impact on divegeester's life would spending more time looking at his Bible actually have?
    Maybe by spending more time "reading" his Bible divegeester might actually start believing what it says.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 08:13
    @secondson said
    Maybe by spending more time "reading" his Bible divegeester might actually start believing what it says.
    You may refute my post on the tree of life as you like,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree