1. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 23:363 edits
    Hey,

some weeks ago a call was open, asking for answers in 150 words on the question 'what is life'. i found myself incaple of answering it in 150 words well enough and decided to write a narrative story (not true as written) highlighting some aspects of life. first off, i would be glad about any comments on the story (readable, understandable, etc...).

But most of all, whats your answer?

Try not to exceed 150 words 😉

What is life?

And then she screamed. Her naked body smeared with blood, still blind, she screamed as if she knew, which other horrors were to come – it went like a chill to my bones. Her mother half-unconscious of pain, her father pale as death and feeling no more than helpless.
    It was a moment never to forget, and most would call this moment 'wonderful'. At six eighteen, March 13, my daughter was born and I was feeling, literally, like the happiest person in the world.
    About three hours later on the same day, her mother was declared dead. She is no more.
    Words, even thoughts, are insufficient to explain her being gone – let alone the closeness of life and death, giving birth.
    My daughter just turned four. She looks more like her mother than her father – luckily – and hardly a day passes without me wondering, who she is, who her mother was or what is actually happening.
    It is life happening, for sure.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 00:171 edit
    Originally posted by tharkesh
    Hey,

some weeks ago a call was open, asking for answers in 150 words on the question 'what is life'. i found myself incaple of answering it in 150 words well enough and decided to write a narrative story (not true as written) highlighting some aspects of life. first off, i would be glad about any comments on the story (readable, understandable, etc...).
    o she is, who her mother was or what is actually happening.
    Life is like conciousness, more common sense than able to be explained in words.
    150 words?
    did you check Wiki?
    🙂
    Life is the breath of god, amongst other things
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 00:19
    Hey,

some weeks ago a call was open, asking for answers in 150 words on the question 'what is life'. i found myself incaple of answering it in 150 words well enough and decided to write a narrative story (not true as written) highlighting some aspects of life. first off, i would be glad about any comments on the story (readable, understandable, etc...). ...[text shortened]... o she is, who her mother was or what is actually happening.
    Edit: didn't want to trivialize your experience.
    That's a hell a of a life lesson , may all your family be enlightened, I will light an incencse stick for you.
  4. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 00:193 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    150 words?
    did you check Wiki?
    🙂
    hehe, of course. wiki belongs to every serious research nowadays!

edit: sorry, should have made it more clear. the 'i-narrative' was chosen to catch the reader more by the soul, so to say. even though it did not happen to me ("not as written" ), something similar to the story happens every day in the whole world.

an incense for them would be the right thing, instead.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 11:16
    Hey,

some weeks ago a call was open, asking for answers in 150 words on the question 'what is life'. i found myself incaple of answering it in 150 words well enough and decided to write a narrative story (not true as written) highlighting some aspects of life. first off, i would be glad about any comments on the story (readable, understandable, etc...). ...[text shortened]... o she is, who her mother was or what is actually happening.
    Jesus
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 12:493 edits
    Hey,

o she is, who her mother was or what is actually happening.
    an excellent narrative my friend and you sum up the fragility and transience of life
    beautifully, it is the story of hello and goodbye. Cherish your memories, cherish your
    time with your children, wife, family and friends, relationships are the only thing worth
    anything when its hello and goodbye, that is the story of life.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 13:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    [b]Life is like conciousness,
    What about bacteria?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 14:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about bacteria?
    please enough of the republican party already!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 15:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about bacteria?
    Yeah, bacteria is on the way to developping some sort of conciousness ... or so evolution tells us 🙂
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 16:37
    Hey,

Your story is quite moving.

Here is a different slant; dryer, more existential, perhaps:

Life is one of the ways that the universe expresses itself. In some parts of the universe; there is thinking. Those parts, that I will, with intention, call persons*, sense themselves to be "isolated 'egos' inside bags of skin" (-- quoting Alan Watts). This is an illusion, but it is an illusion that is put to use. The life of a person is the use to which that illusion is put.

*"Latin persōna originally denoted a ‘mask, particularly one worn by an actor’ (it may have been borrowed from Etruscan phersu ‘mask&rsquo😉." -- http://www.word-origins.com/definition/person.html
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 16:39
    Originally posted by JS357
    Your story is quite moving.

Here is a different slant; dryer, more existential, perhaps:

Life is one of the ways that the universe expresses itself. In some parts of the universe; there is thinking. Those parts, that I will, with intention, call persons*, sense themselves to be "isolated 'egos' inside bags of skin" (-- quoting Alan Watts). This is an ill ...[text shortened]... rowed from Etruscan phersu ‘mask&rsquo😉." -- http://www.word-origins.com/definition/person.html
    Edit: RHP does not know how to handle the accent mark for the long "o" in "persona".
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 21:21
    Hey,

Why can't I like this post like on Facebook?
  13. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 21:05
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Why can't I like this post like on Facebook?
    thanks. some people have the ability to recommend posts, but i sure havent found out yet how to do it...
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 16:26
    thanks. some people have the ability to recommend posts, but i sure havent found out yet how to do it...
    It's a subscriber privilege.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 20:46
    Hey,

You know the value of life when you’d give the entire world for a few moments
    of time to spend with them again. A life with meaning is one filled with love for
    others; precious are the lives whose very presence or the mere thought of
    cheers the heart, whose absence lessens our days. Pathetic are the lives whose
    only concern is their own pleasures and lusts, they will never be filled, but
    always lacking as they try to fill themselves with that which is less.
    KellyJay

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree