1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 17:25
    The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God. Christians are not in agreement as to what the Kingdom of God actually is, some stating that its a figurative place, others a kind of state of mind. Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity? Is there any basis for drawing conclusions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition. Please discuss.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 17:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God. Christians are not in agreement as to what the Kingdom of God actually is, some stating that its a figurative place, others a kind of state of mind. Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity? Is there any basis for drawin ...[text shortened]... ions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition. Please discuss.
    I see the kingdom as how it is describe in the book of Revelation.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 17:571 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I see the kingdom as how it is describe in the book of Revelation.
    feel free to elaborate, its not a trick question nor are there any jacks in boxes waiting to pounce 🙂
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 18:11
    The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God. Christians are not in agreement as to what the Kingdom of God actually is, some stating that its a figurative place, others a kind of state of mind. Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity? Is there any basis for drawin ...[text shortened]... ions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition. Please discuss.
    The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God.

please elaborate
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 19:34
    Originally posted by Doward
    [b]The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God.

please elaborate[/b]
    Well he did talk more about hell but one of the first things he said was repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 20:40
    feel free to elaborate, its not a trick question nor are there any jacks in boxes waiting to pounce 🙂
    Revelation 21
    A New Heaven and a New Earth
    1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb
    9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits thick. 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 02:30
    The Vedic teachings present that the Kingdom of God is the only true reality, (it is a place) because it is spiritual and eternal.

Anything that is not eternal is not reality but an illusion.

This material cosmos is an illusion.....here today and gone sometime in the future.

Heaven is a place in this material creation. (heavenly planets)

In the material creation we have the heavenly planets at the top of the construct of the cosmos, and the earthly planets in the middle, and the lower planetary systems at the bottom (hellish planets) not to be confused with the Christian description of the fires in hell.

Pious people go to heaven, but it is temporary and they do not remain there.

To actually return to Godhead in the spiritual world, one must become pure and have genuine love for the Personality of Godhead.

Substitute religions of the world do not qualify persons to return home back to Godhead.

Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva is the only true religion to teach people how to become pure and return back to Godhead.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 03:30
    Such a simple question, yet seemingly hard to explain. The kingdom of God is where the heart is. "Where your heart is there shall your treasure be." (Bible) "What is the kingdom of God like", Jesus states. See the Gospel of Matthew.
    I know this may be considered the Christain veiw, however, God doesn't play favoretes. He loves all His created children. Those who know Him, those who do not, and those who do not want to.
    It is an unfortunate thing, the Christains will state, you must know God to be saved. It is a half truth. Knowing God is something of the heart, as God is Love. If you love with your heart, have compation for your fellow man. Guess what, God is there too, whether you know it or not. This is what Paul means when he states, "for those who know the law they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts."
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 04:38
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Such a simple question, yet seemingly hard to explain. The kingdom of God is where the heart is. "Where your heart is there shall your treasure be." (Bible) "What is the kingdom of God like", Jesus states. See the Gospel of Matthew.
    I know this may be considered the Christain veiw, however, God doesn't play favoretes. He loves all His created children ...[text shortened]... r those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts."
    You must be the first person (Christian) in this forum to actually say something truthful......keep it up

Yes the Kingdom of God is in your heart, but this means that what your heart holds to, will become manifest in your reality.

So to hold truth of God in your heart, shall create for your the result of retuning back to Godhead.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 06:363 edits
    Originally posted by Doward
    [b]The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God.

please elaborate[/b]
    Anyone who reads the Gospel accounts cannot but help realise that the central
    teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God, not only does he go from village to
    village teaching others about it, he instructs his disciples to do the same. How
    anyone can fail to notice this is quite beyond me.

(Matthew 4:17) . . .From that time on Jesus commenced preaching and saying: “Repent, you people, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”

(Matthew 4:23) . . .Then he went around throughout the whole of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom . . .

(Matthew 5:3) . . .“Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.

(Matthew 5:10) . . .“Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them. . .

(Matthew 5:19-20) . . .Whoever, therefore, breaks one of these least commandments and teaches mankind to that effect, he will be called ‘least’ in relation to the kingdom of the heavens. As for anyone who does them and teaches them, this one will be called ‘great’ in relation to the kingdom of the heavens.  For I say to you that if your righteousness does not abound more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

(Matthew 6:9-10) . . .“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. . .

(Matthew 6:33) . . .“Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you. . .

(Matthew 7:21) . . .“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. . .

(Matthew 8:11)  But I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens

(Matthew 9:35)  And Jesus set out on a tour of all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom . . .

(Matthew 10:5-7) . . .These twelve Jesus sent forth, giving them these orders: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter into a Samaritan city;  but, instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.. . .

(Matthew 11:12) . . .But from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it. . .

(Matthew 12:28)  But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken you.

(Matthew 13:11) . . .“To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted. . .

(Matthew 13:19)  Where anyone hears the word of the kingdom but does not get the sense of it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. . .

(Matthew 13:24) . . .Another illustration he set before them, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field. . .

(Matthew 13:31) . . .Another illustration he set before them, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens is like a mustard grain, which a man took and planted in his field;

(Matthew 13:33) . . .Another illustration he spoke to them: “The kingdom of the heavens is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three large measures of flour, until the whole mass was fermented.”

(Matthew 13:44) 44 “The kingdom of the heavens is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid; and for the joy he has he goes and sells what things he has and buys that field.

(Matthew 13:45-46)  “Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a traveling merchant seeking fine pearls.  Upon finding one pearl of high value, away he went and promptly sold all the things he had and bought it.

(Matthew 13:47) . . .“Again the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering up [fish] of every kind. . .

(Matthew 16:18-19) . . .I will build my congregation, and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.  I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens. . .

(Matthew 16:28) . . .Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

(Matthew 18:1) In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: “Who really is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?

(Matthew 18:23) 23 “That is why the kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that wanted to settle accounts with his slaves.

(Matthew 19:14) . . .“Let the young children alone, and stop hindering them from coming to me, for the kingdom of the heavens belongs to suchlike ones.”

(Matthew 19:23-24) . . .But Jesus said to his disciples: “Truly I say to you that it will be a difficult thing for a rich man to get into the kingdom of the heavens.  Again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to get through a needle’s eye than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God.”

(Matthew 20:1) . . .“For the kingdom of the heavens is like a man, a householder, who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. . .

(Matthew 21:31) . . .“Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the harlots are going ahead of you into the kingdom of God.

(Matthew 21:43) . . .This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.

(Matthew 22:2) . . .“The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that made a marriage feast for his son.

(Matthew 23:13) 13 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men. . .

(Matthew 24:14) . . .And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

(Matthew 25:1) . . .“Then the kingdom of the heavens will become like ten virgins that took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. . .

(Matthew 25:34)  “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world.

(Matthew 26:29) . . .But I tell you, I will by no means drink henceforth any of this product of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of my Father.”
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 06:591 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik and for vishy
    I know this may be considered the Christain veiw, however, God doesn't play favoretes. He loves all His cr ...[text shortened]... r those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts."
    But still the heart is deceitful above all else who can know it. And what seem right to a man could lead to death.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:15
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    But still the heart is deceitful above all else who can know it. And what seem right to a man could lead to death.
    YES.....the heart can be deceitful, thats why speculation with spirituality will misdirect a person.

This is why persons who are serious about spirituality, must take direction of true religion and embrace the bonafide teachings of Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva.....and these teachings are eternal and original from the beginning of mankind.

Substitute religion will only present fabrications.

What religion can make claim to being the first and origonal other than Vedanta?
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:26
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    YES.....the heart can be deceitful, thats why speculation with spirituality will misdirect a person.

This is why persons who are serious about spirituality, must take direction of true religion and embrace the bonafide teachings of Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva.....and these teachings are eternal and original from the beginning of mankind.

Substi ...[text shortened]... abrications.

What religion can make claim to being the first and origonal other than Vedanta?
    Just because it's the first doesn't make it the right one. And in Christianity Jesus paid for my sins no other belief can do that.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

Substi ...[text shortened]... abrications.

This thread is about the Kingdom of God, please do not pollute it with mere human philosophies and the teachings of imperfect men, limited in experience and prone to aberration. If you have anything valid to say, (to date all you have stated is that the Kingdom of God is a place) then let it be heard, otherwise start your own thread with regard to Vedic teaching, if you please.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:41
    This thread is about the Kingdom of God, please do not pollute it with mere human philosophies and the teachings of imperfect men, limited in experience and prone to aberration. If you have anything valid to say, (to date all you have stated is that the Kingdom of God is a place) then let it be heard, otherwise start your own thread with regard to Vedic teaching, if you please.
    Sorry. Also the Kingdom of God has a mansion one probably for every person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree