What is the Kingdom of God?

What is the Kingdom of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by souverein
Could you tell us what you mean with animal cruelty, preferable in a separate thread.
The subject seems all important to you. If such a thread already exists, I would appreciate a link. Thanks
True religion and spirituality teach that animals are sentient beings, and feel pain and bleed and experience fear and care for their young.

True religion teaches that killing is wrong.

True religion rejects animal killing.

Animals in slaughter houses are in cruel conditions.

Any person accepting animal cruelty as NOT wrong, are subscribing to false teachings

The acceptance of animal killing by the Bible classifies it as a false doctrine.

The Bible mocks itself by teaching falsity.

I do not mock it.....it is the false teachings that mock it.

Persons who subscribe to false doctrine, are not qualified to speak of God let alone teach of the things of God, if their knowledge comes from false religion.

False religion cheats the people and misdirects them towards sin.

Animal killing is not just a trivial passing thing, because it clearly and directly exposes the Bible as a fraud, for teaching it is acceptable.

And if the Bible is a fraud, then what else is false in its pages.

rc

Moves
29 Jan 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
Hypocracy on so many levels 😲
do you have any thoughts on this particular subject, that being the Kingdom of God (I refer you to the title of the thread), and none of the usual tooth fairy nonsense, its a teaching, the central teaching of Jesus Christ, so treat it with respect, way more respect than you have for me,

thankyou in advance -robbie.

rc

Moves
29 Jan 11

Originally posted by souverein
Do you really believe that sincerely listening to your heart would lead to disaster?
you see i am not actually trying to promulgate what i believe, but the Biblical perspective, for where else do we find the teaching of the Kingdom of God? thus it nappers to me that the Bibles states that we should not trust in our heart for it may be deceptive. On a purely practical point, i will state that giving vent to pure emotion may be dangerous as we make unreasoned and emotionally based decisions.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 Jan 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
True religion and spirituality teach that animals are sentient beings, and feel pain and bleed and experience fear and care for their young.

Any person accepting animal cruelty as NOT wrong, are subscribing to ...[text shortened]... teaching it is acceptable.

But who says that the owner or a person working in a slaughter house could be an atheist?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Jan 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
But who says that the owner or a person working in a slaughter house could be an atheist?
The slaughter house operates on demand.....public demand

Persons who eat meat increase demand which increases the slaughter.

But more importantly the teaching that it is acceptable by the Bible is false, and religion cannot present anything that is false.

Religion stands for truth, honor, knowledge, compassion, cleanliness, modesty, forgiveness, fortitude, austerity, freedom from envy, freedom from covetousness, nonviolence and so on.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 Jan 11

The slaughter house operates on demand.....public demand

Persons who eat meat increase demand which increases the slaughter.

But more importantly the teaching that it is acceptable by the Bible is false, and religion cannot present anything that is false.

Religion stands for truth, honor, knowledge, compassion, cleanliness, modesty, forgiveness, fortitude, austerity, freedom from envy, freedom from covetousness, nonviolence and so on.
But in jewish times back then they had to sacrifice animals to pay for their sins. If they didn't then they would have to pay for their sins.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
But in jewish times back then they had to sacrifice animals to pay for their sins. If they didn't then they would have to pay for their sins.
Back then in Jewish times they believed if you sailed too far you would fall of the edge

Never in eternity has killing animals taken away sin....and in fact killing animals is a sin.

The people of the world do not know what to do......or what not to do.

Jewish religious teachings are a fabrication.

God never talked to Moses

God never talked to Abraham

These conversations are fabricated from the minds of superstitious men.

There has only ever been one religion from the beginning.....Vedanta Sutra

All other religions are fabrications by Governments to introduce law and order amongst the people.

Sometimes a single man will invent a religion, such is the case with Joseph Smith.

Islam is also created by one man, who was of questionable character.

And the best way to make people follow anything, is to say....God said so.

God present religion to mankind, by way of the Vedic teachings, and these teachings have eternally been delivered to mankind at the beginning of every new creation of the cosmos.

The cosmos has existed before many many times......this is not the first cosmos, nor the last.

Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva, is that original and bonafide religion, and because it presents knowledge of God and life, it is true yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Srila Vyasadeva is the literary incarnation of God and compiled Vedanta Sutra 5000 yrs ago into Sanskrit writings., but before that, they were already existing and were passed from pure spiritual master to pure persons orally.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jan 11

Back then in Jewish times they believed if you sailed too far you would fall of the edge

Never in eternity has killing animals taken away sin....and in fact killing animals is a sin.

God never talked ...[text shortened]... t, they were already existing and were passed from pure spiritual master to pure persons orally.
Sadly, Man rejects real Truth in favor of Lies. No surprise there. You'd think he'd be tired of it by now, though. But I suppose he won't get tired of a religion that says he can do anything he wants and not only that, he can come back again in his next life and do it all again.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jan 11

Any person accepting animal cruelty as NOT wrong, are subscribing to ...[text shortened]... teaching it is acceptable.

"Persons who subscribe to false doctrine, are not qualified to speak of God let alone teach of the things of God, if their knowledge comes from false religion."

And yet you continue to speak of God here quite a bit.

"False religion cheats the people and misdirects them towards sin."

Exactly what I have been saying. So please stop.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Jan 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The central teaching of Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of God. Christians are not in agreement as to what the Kingdom of God actually is, some stating that its a figurative place, others a kind of state of mind. Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity? Is there any basis for drawin ...[text shortened]... ions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition. Please discuss.
"Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity?"

Because of Biblical interpretation.

"Is there any basis for drawing conclusions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition."

I assume you mean this as a question. There is no other basis. It is the Biblical text and no other basis by which we define.

In my opinion the Kingdom of God generally is all creation, and specifically it has to do with Israel.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Jan 11

God never talked ...[text shortened]... t, they were already existing and were passed from pure spiritual master to pure persons orally.
Shut up please.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
30 Jan 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sadly, Man rejects real Truth in favor of Lies. No surprise there. You'd think he'd be tired of it by now, though. But I suppose he won't get tired of a religion that says he can do anything he wants and not only that, he can come back again in his next life and do it all again.
No one can do anything, and not get the results of their karma..... positive or negative.

Everyone does come back and do it all again and again, because they want to Lord it over the material energy.....no one is interested in God.

No one can return back to Godhead without having love for God.

And all the blood in the world will not give you love.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity?"

Because of Biblical interpretation.

"Is there any basis for drawing conclusions from the Biblical text which may help us to render an accurate definition."

I assume you mean this as a question. There is no other basis. I ...[text shortened]... ion the Kingdom of God generally is all creation, and specifically it has to do with Israel.[/b]
I agree there seems to be no other way for us to determine what is is, for i dont think any other religious body of work has the concept of the Kingdom of God. Christ himself gave numerous examples in the parables with reference to that Kingdom. What leads you to believe that its all creation or has to do with the (natural) nation of Israel?

F

Moves
30 Jan 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I agree there seems to be no other way for us to determine what is is, for i dont think any other religious body of work has the concept of the Kingdom of God. Christ himself gave numerous examples in the parables with reference to that Kingdom. What leads you to believe that its all creation or has to do with the (natural) nation of Israel?
This is an interesting question: What is Christianity? What is the criteria for calling oneself a christian? How is it possible to differ a christian from a non-christian?

I know people calling themselves christians who firmly believe in reincarnation.
I know people denying the christian god but actually have more christian love in them than the Pope himself.

So what, exactly, part a christian from a non-christian? Such an easy question, yet so difficult to answer.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 11

Originally posted by FabianFnas
This is an interesting question: What is Christianity? What is the criteria for calling oneself a christian? How is it possible to differ a christian from a non-christian?

I know people calling themselves christians who firmly believe in reincarnation.
I know people denying the christian god but actually have more christian love in them than the Pope ...[text shortened]... actly, part a christian from a non-christian? Such an easy question, yet so difficult to answer.
Its not really about what defines a Christian at all, its about the Kingdom of God, which is the most important teaching of Christ, for which he spent his relatively short period of life while on earth explaining and teaching others about.