1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 10:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its not really about what defines a Christian at all, its about the Kingdom of God, which is the most important teaching of Christ, for which he spent his relatively short period of life while on earth explaining and teaching others about.
    So everyone thinking they are christians can safely declare themselves as christians? Even if their main core of beliefs are opposite of others man core of beliefs? I don't think so.
    Do you share your religious views and main core beliefs with Hitler, he who think he is a good christian?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 10:541 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So everyone thinking they are christians can safely declare themselves as christians? Even if their main core of beliefs are opposite of others man core of beliefs? I don't think so.
    Do you share your religious views and main core beliefs with Hitler, he who think he is a good christian?
    please note the title of this thread,

What is the Kingdom of God?

do you have any comments to make with respect to that title?

No, then please start your own thread with the title 'What defines a Christian'.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:02
    please note the title of this thread,

What is the Kingdom of God?

do you have any comments to make with respect to that title?

No, then please start your own thread with the title 'What defines a Christian'.
    Didn't you write "Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity?"? That's the point I'm commenting!

You don't like to be commenting upon? You complaint about it, every time I try. do you really want to censor the threads?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:12
    Didn't you write "Why is there such disagreement among Christians as to the most basic and fundamental teaching of Christianity?"? That's the point I'm commenting!

You don't like to be commenting upon? You complaint about it, every time I try. do you really want to censor the threads?
    yes, but let us consider the context of the statement, it was made with reference to a particular Christian teaching, that being the Kingdom of God. Were you not brought up a Christian Fabian, even though you may have adopted some other perspective later in life? Does it not strike you as odd that the most fundamental and important teaching of Jesus should have gone unexplained? It does to me.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:241 edit
    do you have any thoughts on this particular subject, that being the Kingdom of God (I refer you to the title of the thread), and none of the usual tooth fairy nonsense, its a teaching, the central teaching of Jesus Christ, so treat it with respect, way more respect than you have for me,

thankyou in advance -robbie.
    Not really; if my predictions are correct this thread is just going to be another silly scripture fest with all you fundamentalist zealots taking turns to put your own spin on a fairy-tale. You will accuse people of presenting strawmen (because you like the term but don't know what it means), you'll tell a few lies here and there in your bid to win the debate, and you'll probably finish up making a statement, for the record, that some group of people have insulted your JW brothers and fail to do them the courtesy of backing it up.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:24
    yes, but let us consider the context of the statement, it was made with reference to a particular Christian teaching, that being the Kingdom of God. Were you not brought up a Christian Fabian, even though you may have adopted some other perspective later in life? Does it not strike you as odd that the most fundamental and important teaching of Jesus should have gone unexplained? It does to me.
    You right that I was brought up a Christian, but later I broadened my views and found out that the Truth coldn't be aChristian truth only. There is not a Christian monopoly of the Truth as many fundamental christians think.

Let's say that the one truth of JWers is to not accept blood transfusions. This is concidered atrue christian act by them. This is not a truth of other christians as this denial of blood transfusion leads to a death, which then will be concidered as a suicide, which is a mortal (?) sin. So both groups consider following Christian principles, and therefore can call themselves True Christians. But, as this is mutual exclusive, only one of the two gropus can be right in their belief in this matter. Who is it? The group committing suicide in their denial of blood transfusion, or the group embracing life by accepting the blood transfusion?

So is this denyal of accepting blood transfusion a criteria of who is true christian and who is not?

I am well within the topic of this thread, as you started this line of debate. If I am not, then you are not either. So don't blame me. And foremost: Don't try to censor me. The debate is free.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:292 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Not really; if my predictions are correct this thread is just going to be another boring silly fest with all you fundamentalist zealots taking turns to put your own spin on a fairy-tale. You will accuse people of presenting strawmen (because you like the term but don't know what it means), you'll tell a few lies here and there in your bid to win the debate, an p of people have insulted your JW brothers and fail to do them the courtesy of backing it up.
    firstly its not a fairy tale, its a Christian teaching, which, you, apparently dont know anything about, making your rather unqualified statement nothing more than the now obligatory projection of a somewhat prejudiced mind. I dont blame you Agers, we cannot know or research everything in our limited lifespan.

One should really start more of these threads, for God knows you poor atheists can do with every scrap of scripture you can get!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:31
    You right that I was brought up a Christian, but later I broadened my views and found out that the Truth coldn't be aChristian truth only. There is not a Christian monopoly of the Truth as many fundamental christians think.

Let's say that the one truth of JWers is to not accept blood transfusions. This is concidered atrue christian act by them. This is ...[text shortened]... are not either. So don't blame me. And foremost: Don't try to censor me. The debate is free.
    i fail to see what this as to do with the Kingdom of God and i suspect, as with Agers, you dont know anything about it, so you steer the debate in another direction, well, i have no comment to make on irrelevant elements, the thread title is, just by way of a reminder, What is the Kingdom of God.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:36
    i fail to see what this as to do with the Kingdom of God and i suspect, as with Agers, you dont know anything about it, so you steer the debate in another direction, well, i have no comment to make on irrelevant elements, the thread title is, just by way of a reminder, What is the Kingdom of God.
    You brought up this discussion, I didn't, I just asking questions.

JWers are suicidal not accepting blood transfusions, yet calling themselves Christians. Other christians embrace life as given to them by God accepting blood transfusions. Who is more Christians? And the main question is what is to be christian when some christians call themselves christians and not others christians christians.

What is to be a christian? What's the criteria to be christian?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:41
    You brought up this discussion, I didn't, I just asking questions.

JWers are suicidal not accepting blood transfusions, yet calling themselves Christians. Other christians embrace life as given to them by God accepting blood transfusions. Who is more Christians? And the main question is what is to be christian when some christians call themselves chris ...[text shortened]... ers christians christians.

What is to be a christian? What's the criteria to be christian?
    I see you dont know anything about the Kingdom of God, oh well, if anyone does know anything or have a comment with regard to the subject, i will be interested - thanks in advance - robbie.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:431 edit
    I see you dont know anything about the Kingdom of God, oh well, if anyone does know anything or have a comment with regard to the subject, i will be interested - thanks in advance - robbie.
    I don't think even you know what Kingdom of God is. All you have is texts written by people themselves knowing know what Kingdom of God is. Have you been there? Seen it for yourself? No? Just wondered...

But this is not what I was asking. I was asking what defines a True Christian. JWers are not, I know, but what group is?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 11:521 edit
    I don't think even you know what Kingdom of God is. All you have is texts written by people themselves knowing know what Kingdom of God is. Have you been there? Seen it for yourself? No? Just wondered...

But this is not what I was asking. I was asking what defines a True Christian. JWers are not, I know, but what group is?
    The thread is an opportunity for anyone to state what it means to them. Some have stated that its a place (without reference), others all of creation, others a condition of the heart, still others, that it has a correlation to ancient Jerusalem. I am perfectly capable of discussing what i think it is, but i refrain, for i am genuinely interested in what other people believe/think and why.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:07
    The thread is an opportunity for anyone to state what it means to them. Some have stated that its a place (without reference), others all of creation, others a condition of the heart, still others, that it has a correlation to ancient Jerusalem. I am perfectly capable of discussing what i think it is, but i refrain, for i am genuinely interested in what other people believe/think and why.
    Are you interested in what I think and believe? Even if this is countrary of what you think and believes? As I am interested of what you thinks and believe?

My questions is not about saying that you are wrong, and I am right. My qesutions is about understand how people can think and believe things that are abvousioly not a part of my world of thinking and believing.

Avoiding questions always attracts me, because then I think they have information they hold for themselves. Why? A fright in themselves to find out that they actually are wrong? I don't know. But I want to know. That's why I ask questions.

The term "Kingdom of God" is a term with the intension to look glorious. And that's all. We don't know anything about it. We cannot research in it in order to find out more. We have to rely in those people who writes about it and talks about it. As they know more? It comes to the end that noone knows anything about it. Everyone ref to everybody else. One man, and one only, has invented the term and minted it. As he should know more about it? I don't think so.

Di you want to know my thoughts and beliefs? Do you care? It doesn't coincide with yours, does that automatically mean that I am wrong and you are right? No, I don't think so. I base my statement upon the fact that there is no christian god, and therefore it cannot be a "kingdom of God" either. What do you base yours upon?

Interested to hear more? No, I didn't think so.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:24
    Are you interested in what I think and believe? Even if this is countrary of what you think and believes? As I am interested of what you thinks and believe?

My questions is not about saying that you are wrong, and I am right. My qesutions is about understand how people can think and believe things that are abvousioly not a part of my world of thinking ...[text shortened]... her. What do you base yours upon?

Interested to hear more? No, I didn't think so.
    you need to relax,

firstly getting you to the point of actually discussing the Kingdom of God was no mean task, now we are here let us consider some of the elements , that is the relevant one in your post.

Whether a particular perspective can be right or wrong is brought out in the discussion, for example some stated that it has to do with the heart, well still other elements were introduced which seemed to indicate that this was not the case.

1. You have stated, that the Kingdom of God is an attempt to appear glorious, on what basis are you making this statement?

2.You have stated we cannot research it, but that cannot be true, for there are literally hundreds of references in scripture to the Kingdom of God.

3. Again you have stated that no one can know? On what basis is that statement made, for clearly it is a teaching of Christianity that has been promulgated worldwide.

4. You haver stated that it depends upon the existence of a Christian God, but this cannot be the case, for the teaching exists independently of whether there is a Christian God or not.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:38
    you need to relax,

firstly getting you to the point of actually discussing the Kingdom of God was no mean task, now we are here let us consider some of the elements , that is the relevant one in your post.

Whether a particular perspective can be right or wrong is brought out in the discussion, for example some stated that it has to do with t ...[text shortened]... t be the case, for the teaching exists independently of whether there is a Christian God or not.
    You ask me to discuss "the Kingdom of God", because you're interested of my thoughts or beliefs in the matter. It surprises me, but I take your request seriously.

Still I am interested of the definition of 'being a True Christian', but the non-answer gives me the idea that there is no such thin as a typical christian. There are more similarities between religious people of any religion in general, as there are similarities between christian people among themselves. I give examples if you are interested. No? Alrights, that make me even more sure that my conjecture holds: There are no True Chrtistians.

To your questions:

"1. You have stated, that the Kingdom of God is an attempt to appear glorious, on what basis are you making this statement?"
    Of purely retorical reasons. It sounds good, it has a certain timbre int he ear. Who want to believe in "a diabolical nation" or "a territory of him up there"? Not many, I presume. Why? Bad retorics. "The Kingdom of God" sounds good, that's all.

"2.You have stated we cannot research it, but that cannot be true, for there are literally hundreds of references in scripture to the Kingdom of God."
    And every ref camoes from one sole idea of the man who invented the term. You know that the bible is writeen by men, translated by men, and nothing is truer or falser than any book from the time. The bible is a good history book from the area and culture in wich it was written. As a book of Facts and Truths it is totally obsolete.

"3. Again you have stated that no one can know? On what basis is that statement made, for clearly it is a teaching of Christianity that has been promulgated worldwide."
    See the answer of #2. Noone can know because the refs are solely biblical, and emanates from one man only (known or unknown) and noone can tell if he knows for sure or not.

"4. You haver stated that it depends upon the existence of a Christian God, but this cannot be the case, for the teaching exists independently of whether there is a Christian God or not."
    But are the teachings true? And does the teaching of god and his kingdom has any relevance if he doesn not exist? If you want to use science in religious matters, then start to prove his existance. Why? Because the rest of the christian religion is dependant of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree