What 'makes you' believe?

What 'makes you' believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes you have. In the last 20 or so minutes I have unearthed numerous occasions across several threads where you claimed I wasn't telling the truth and you used the word "lie" repeatedly.
That’s simply not true.

Saying I don’t think you were a Christian and that your statement that you were is not truthful is not the same as saying you were lying.

Lying requires an intent to deceive. I think you are just mistaken about formerly being a Christian.

F

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Then why didn’t you say you no longer were a Christian based on not believing Jesus Christ was God in the flesh and based on not believing Jesus Christ was Resurrected from the dead?
I used different words to explain that I stopped self-identifying as a Christian. I did not even pretend to be offering a list of Christian beliefs and doctrines.

F

Moves
02 May 18

That’s simply not true.

Saying I don’t think you were a Christian and that your statement that you were is not truthful is not the same as saying you were lying.

Lying requires an intent to deceive. I think you are just mistaken about formerly being a Christian.
I was a Christian for more than 25 years.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I am not interested in discussing it with you. I am not interested in answering your questions. I don't care what you think is reasonable or not.
There’s your well-worn cop out again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I think I am being completely reasonable by not being interested in discussing personal information about my past with you or with Romans1009. I am not interested in answering your questions and I am not interested in answering your questions. I think this is a reasonable reaction to you and to him.
Same old cop out. Your back’s against the wall and you use the same cop out every time. At least come up with something new.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I am telling the truth about having been a Christian for more than 25 years.
I don’t think you are *based on what you have written as the reasons you are no longer a Christian.*

I just think you are genuinely and honestly mistaken.

F

Moves
02 May 18

I think your claim of being a former Christian is about as true as Ghost’s claim of having a theology degree. No wonder you don’t want to talk about it.
You have said that Ghost of a Duke is lying about having a theology degree.

So here you are saying I am lying too - in my case about being a former Christian.

Ghost of a Duke is not lying about having a theology degree.

And I am not lying about being a Christian in the past.

F

Moves
02 May 18

I don’t think you are *based on what you have written as the reasons you are no longer a Christian.*
I no longer believed what Christians believed. So I was no longer a Christian. I am not lying about it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I am not lying about having been a Christian.
That quote was not about your claim of being a Christian. It was about you lying about what you said in explaining why you are no longer a Christian. You claimed not to have said what you clearly and obviously did say.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I said I realized I was no longer a Christian because I no longer professed Christian beliefs.
That’s not what you said and I don’t blame you for trying to revise it. But even your vague, mealy-mouthed revision misses the mark.

F

Moves
02 May 18

Same old cop out. Your back’s against the wall and you use the same cop out every time. At least come up with something new.
I am not interested in revealing any more personal information about myself to you - that goes for my family - it goes for my family's religious beliefs in the past or now - it goes for the relationships that I have with my family and friends - it goes for my job and my education and where I have lived - and it goes for what my religious beliefs were in the past, other than what I have told you about having been a Christian for about 20 years longer than you have been one. I don't want to discuss these personal matters with you. If you want to talk to an ex-Christian, find another one.

F

Moves
02 May 18

That’s not what you said and I don’t blame you for trying to revise it. But even your vague, mealy-mouthed revision misses the mark.
It was what I told you. I told you repeatedly why I stopped being a Christian, and despite your repeated charges, I am not lying about it.

Moves
02 May 18

There’s your well-worn cop out again.
This thread is about 'what makes you' believe. If FMF is not interested in discussing what 'makes him' believe what he does, one wonders why he keeps on posting in this thread.

F

Moves
02 May 18

That quote was not about your claim of being a Christian. It was about you lying about what you said in explaining why you are no longer a Christian. You claimed not to have said what you clearly and obviously did say.
I haven't lied about anything whatsoever in connection to me having been a Christian. I have not lied about it. I am not lying. Your charges that I have lied are false.

F

Moves
02 May 18

You claimed not to have said what you clearly and obviously did say.
I explained quite clearly why I am no longer a Christian. I have not lied in any way about it.