What 'makes you' believe?

What 'makes you' believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
That quote was not about your claim of being a Christian. It was about you lying about what you said in explaining why you are no longer a Christian.
Here is what I said: My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.

I have not lied in saying this. And I have not lied at any point about what it means.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You have said that Ghost of a Duke is lying about having a theology degree.

So here you are saying I am lying too - in my case about being a former Christian.

Ghost of a Duke is not lying about having a theology degree.

And I am not lying about being a Christian in the past.
I think Ghost is lying about having a theology degree and I’ve been unequivocal in saying that. But saying your claim of being a Christian for 25 years is as truthful as his claim is not saying you’re lying. I think Ghost is lying because he obviously knows he doesn’t have a theology degree but is claiming he does. You may honestly believe you were a Christian but I think you are mistaken based on your explanation for why you are no longer a Christian.

Both Ghost’s statement and your statement, imo, are false. But I think only Ghost is lying because only he is trying to deceive.

F

Moves
02 May 18

I think Ghost is lying about having a theology degree and I’ve been unequivocal in saying that. But saying your claim of being a Christian for 25 years is as truthful as his claim is not saying you’re lying. I think Ghost is lying because he obviously knows he doesn’t have a theology degree but is claiming he does. You may honestly believe you were a Chr ...[text shortened]... statement, imo, are false. But I think only Ghost is lying because only he is trying to deceive.
What odious, dissembling, hogwash is this? Do you really think you are "amusing"?

F

Moves
02 May 18

Both Ghost’s statement and your statement, imo, are false.
Neither of us is lying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I no longer believed what Christians believed. So I was no longer a Christian. I am not lying about it.
You’re flipping and flopping around the way Ghost does when he tries to answer a basic theological question, slips on a banana peel and loses his knickers.

F

Moves
02 May 18

You’re flipping and flopping around the way Ghost does when he tries to answer a basic theological question, slips on a banana peel and loses his knickers.
I am not "flipping and flopping around" at all. I have been 100% clear about why I went from being a Christian to being a non-Christian. I have not lied about any aspect of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I am not interested in revealing any more personal information about myself to you - that goes for my family - it goes for my family's religious beliefs in the past or now - it goes for the relationships that I have with my family and friends - it goes for my job and my education and where I have lived - and it goes for what my religious beliefs were in the pas ...[text shortened]... scuss these personal matters with you. If you want to talk to an ex-Christian, find another one.
I’m not asking you to share personal information with me, Kiddo. Becker has asked you those questions.

All I’m doing is noting the well-worn cop out you repeatedly use when your back’s against the wall and suggesting you get a new one.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
This thread is about 'what makes you' believe. If FMF is not interested in discussing what 'makes him' believe what he does, one wonders why he keeps on posting in this thread.
Trolling is my guess.

F

Moves
02 May 18
1 edit

I’m not asking you to share personal information with me, Kiddo. Becker has asked you those questions.

All I’m doing is noting the well-worn cop out you repeatedly use when your back’s against the wall and suggesting you get a new one.
My "back's up against the wall"? What are you going on about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

I haven't lied about anything whatsoever in connection to me having been a Christian. I have not lied about it. I am not lying. Your charges that I have lied are false.
You said X about why you are no longer a Christian. I pointed out how ridiculous that was and you claimed never to have said X - you blatantly lied.

You then tried revising why you are no longer a Christian and claimed the revisions were what you originally said - you blatantly lied again.

I don’t think you’re lying about being a former Christian. I just think you’re mistaken.

But you’ve definitely been lying - and lying repeatedly - about why you are no longer a Christian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

Here is what I said: My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.

I have not lied in saying this. And I have not lied at any point about what it means.
In one part of this thread, I quoted the part where you said you no longer were a Christian because you no longer believed the claims Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus’ life and you claimed you never said that. You were blatantly and shamelessly lying.

F

Moves
02 May 18

You said X about why you are no longer a Christian. I pointed out how ridiculous that was and you claimed never to have said X - you blatantly lied.

You then tried revising why you are no longer a Christian and claimed the revisions were what you originally said - you blatantly lied again.

I don’t think you’re lying about being a former Christian. ...[text shortened]... t you’ve definitely been lying - and lying repeatedly - about why you are no longer a Christian.
I haven't lied about anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

What odious, dissembling, hogwash is this? Do you really think you are "amusing"?
Nothing amusing about someone blatantly and repeatedly lying about having a theology degree when he can’t correctly answer basic theological questions.

And nothing amusing about your behavior either.

F

Moves
02 May 18

In one part of this thread, I quoted the part where you said you no longer were a Christian because you no longer believed the claims Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus’ life and you claimed you never said that. You were blatantly and shamelessly lying.
I have never denied saying exactly what I said. Indeed, I have both reiterated it and expliained and answered all follow up questions without lying. I haven't lied at any point. And I am not lying now.

F

Moves
02 May 18

Nothing amusing about someone blatantly and repeatedly lying about having a theology degree when he can’t correctly answer basic theological questions.

And nothing amusing about your behavior either.
Neither Ghost of a Duke nor I have lied about anything.