1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '18 07:43
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    All you care about is ripping Christians apart like the lions in Nero's Coliseum...
    😲
    😵
    🙄
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 May '18 01:19
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    The question is how deep does God's grace go?
    There is no question.

Romans 5:20
    Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 11:01
    Originally posted by @secondson
    There is no question.

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
    And there is the licence to sin doctrine
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 May '18 13:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    A modern day selling of indulgences
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 13:10
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    A modern day selling of indulgences
    Correct
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 May '18 13:172 edits
    Just because the 'carnal being' would use it as a license to sin doesn't mean that the 'spiritual being' would too.

Romans 3:30-31

Since there is One God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 13:36
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Just because the 'carnal being' would use it as a license to sin doesn't mean that the 'spiritual being' would too.

Romans 3:30-31

Since there is One God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.
    Therefore if a Christian accepts the grace of God (ie God's free gift of righteousness) and then continues to sin, he is a carnal being.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 May '18 13:391 edit
    Therefore if a Christian accepts the grace of God (ie God's free gift of righteousness) and then continues to sin, he is a carnal being.
    I agree, if there is no change at all. Sanctification is a gradual process. Do you believe that a Christian that accepts the grace of God (and will enter the kingdom of Heaven) will never sin again? Yes or No? Do you believe the moment they sin again they are damned even if they feel remorse and strive to change?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 May '18 14:041 edit
    I agree, if there is no change at all. Sanctification is a gradual process. Do you believe that a Christian that accepts the grace of God (and will enter the kingdom of Heaven) will never sin again? Yes or No? Do you believe the moment they sin again they are damned even if they feel remorse and strive to change?
    You people like to ask questions that only Jesus can answer.

My position is in line with what the bible says.... that professed Christians come in all shapes and sizes.. some to eternal life and some to damnation.

Christ will judge
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 May '18 14:11

My position is in line with what the bible says.... that professed Christians come in all shapes and sizes.. some to eternal life and some to damnation.

Christ will judge
    Matthew 7:15 as evidenced by those whom have completely ignored Exodus 20:13 and rather promoted Exodus 22:18.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '18 17:13
    I’ll answer your questions.

The person who accepts Christ will sin again. Peter, an Apostle of Jesus Christ, confessed Him as God and then sinned three times by claiming he didn’t know Him.

Paul accepted Jesus Christ and openly admitted he continued to sin in Romans 7.

Were an Apostle of Jesus Christ’s and the author of a majority of the New Testament denied heaven because they sinned after accepting Christ?
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '18 22:45
    Originally posted by @secondson
    There is no question. [of how deep God's grace goes]

I don't think that answered the question. I provided context after it. I guess I'll rephrase it.

Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him."

Is grace a simple offering or is it compelling?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '18 22:46
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I don't think that answered the question. I provided context after it. I guess I'll rephrase it.

Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him."

Is grace a simple offering or is it compelling?
    Welcome back.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 May '18 03:44

Christ will judge
    So you're saying you don't know whether or not Christians who sin after accepting the grace of God will enter the Kingdom of God, is that correct?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '18 11:01
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Matthew 7:15 as evidenced by those whom have completely ignored Exodus 20:13 and rather promoted Exodus 22:18.
    'Thou shall not murder' is the moral heart of most religions and non-religions. Without it we are doomed as a species.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree