1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 09:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he could be outside "our" time. but still be bound to his time. think of you and a copy of fight club on dvd. the fight club universe has not started. it may never start. as such, it's time is set at 0. then comes the "big inserting the dvd in the dvd player and hitting play".

the fight club universe has started.
    Multidimensional time dosn't pose me any problems but in a strict sense it isn't "timeless". How does this fit with Manny's and surely RJHind's, josephw's, jaywill's, etc... notion of timeless god 😕
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 09:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Multidimensional time dosn't pose me any problems but in a strict sense it isn't "timeless". How does this fit with Manny's and surely RJHind's, josephw's, jaywill's, etc... notion of timeless god 😕
    please don't pay attention to the fundamentals. their idea of a debate is copy pasting stuff from the bible and making sure they don't miss a comma else god will smite them.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 10:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    The creator is not bound by time. Time is meaningless so to speak for the creator. Not that the creator does not recognize and see the passing of events.
    But 'create' is a term that is wholly dependant on the concept of time. If time is not passing, creation cannot happen. One cannot create time. It is meaningless to say the creator created a universe in which there is time, but that 'before' he 'created' it there was no time.
    If time is a dimension of the universe and only of the universe, then it is meaningless to speak of a creator.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 13:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But 'create' is a term that is wholly dependant on the concept of time. If time is not passing, creation cannot happen. One cannot create time. It is meaningless to say the creator created a universe in which there is time, but that 'before' he 'created' it there was no time.
    If time is a dimension of the universe and only of the universe, then it is meaningless to speak of a creator.
    How can you tell time without a clock? So without a clock there is no time.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 14:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That depends on what you mean by a 'clock'. All interaction in the universe is essentially a clock and tells time. All clocks are a measure of interactions. This follows from time being a dimension.
    If you mean there must be a man made instrument commonly called a 'clock', then obviously that is no more true than the claim that there is no space without a ruler.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 15:23
    did you type all the letters in that sentence , hit post simultaneously and did i post this reply all at the same time? no? that's why you know there is time, not because someone stood by you with a clock.

time is what keeps all the events in the universe from the big bag to the big crunch or heat death to happen simultaneously.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 04:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In other words, it is not in our universe.
    Sure ok agreed but yes what is it? The creator?

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 04:56
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]Basically that because at the beginning of the big bang it was like a black hole where times stands still or does not exist and that before the big bang there was not time therefore not enough time for a creator to create the universe.

So this is "what Stephen Hawkins [sic] said on that show". That has to be the worst synopsis ever. I s ...[text shortened]... ce to, in your opinion, if not to talk of events/changes (if you think it reduces at all)?[/b]
    Sorry it was on Discover channel 🙂 The Show was called Curiosity "Forming Our Universe. I will try to answer the questions better tomorrow.
    Sorry but I enjoy this much better than arguing with our JW friends LOL

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 05:00
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Actually, Hawking admitted, back in 2004, that the notion of baby universes forming on the "other side" of a black hole is not possible, since quantum theory requires that information is preserved in black hole formation and evaporation.
    Penrose vs Hawkins debate right?

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 05:001 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Actually, Hawking admitted, back in 2004, that the notion of baby universes forming on the "other side" of a black hole is not possible, since quantum theory requires that information is preserved in black hole formation and evaporation.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 05:07
    I guess I need to think about this a bit more LOL No good answers. I think God is not bound by time but obviously recognizes and can act upon and influence events within time. I do think however God sees yesterday today and tomorrow in the same.

Manny
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 06:05
    That depends on what you mean by a 'clock'. All interaction in the universe is essentially a clock and tells time. All clocks are a measure of interactions. This follows from time being a dimension.
    If you mean there must be a man made instrument commonly called a 'clock', then obviously that is no more true than the claim that there is no space without a ruler.
    You know I do not mean a man-made clock. How ridiculous.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 06:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did you type all the letters in that sentence , hit post simultaneously and did i post this reply all at the same time? no? that's why you know there is time, not because someone stood by you with a clock.

time is what keeps all the events in the universe from the big bag to the big crunch or heat death to happen simultaneously.
    You actually thought I meant a man-made clock, too?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 07:53
    You know I do not mean a man-made clock. How ridiculous.
    Well then I really cant figure out what you meant at all. Were you saying "without a universe, there is no time"? Or were you saying "God is a clock"?
    Please explain.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 09:07
    Well then I really cant figure out what you meant at all. Were you saying "without a universe, there is no time"? Or were you saying "God is a clock"?
    Please explain.
    Don't we tell time by the rotation of the earth, the position of the sun and
    moon and stars?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree