1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 11:052 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Is there a reason you count what people present as evidence, worthless? Don't
    you have to look at the total picture and see if there are points there? Worthless
    suggests to me that you've not taken anything seriously. I cannot say that what
    people present to me to show me the universe is billions of years old as worthless,
    but I don't have to agree if I e with, but that does not mean that
    any and all things they say are, well…worthless.
    Kelly
    Is there a reason you count what people present as evidence [for the existence of "G"od], worthless? Don't you have to look at the total picture and see if there are points there?...
    The big picture is looking at this "evidence" and assessing its likelyhood of being valid by considering what we know about the world now, and acknowledging the tendency of humans to make things up or mis-represent what has actually occured at some point. The little picture is looking at this "evidence" and accepting it (as you did) with no pause for thought whatsoever.

Worthless suggests to me that you've not taken anything seriously. I cannot say that what people present to me to show me the universe is billions of years old as worthless, but I don't have to agree if I don't buy into why the claims are being made.
    The argument that the Earth is billions of years old, and the manner in which they arrived at that figure, is far more sophisticated than "God made the earth 6000 years ago [by magic!]"

It seems too easy to dismiss all things being said because someone may say or agree with a point you totally don’t agree with, but that does not mean that any and all things they say are, well…worthless.
    It is easy for me to dismiss the Qu-ran (it is probably just as easy for you too)
    It is easy for me to dismiss the ramblings of our friend Dasa (it is probably just as easy for you too)
    It is easy for me to dismiss the writings of scientology (it is probably just as easy for you)
    It is easy for me to dismiss the accounts of UFO abductees (it is probably just as easy for you)
    It is easy for me to dismiss the Bible, or hearsay regarding events supposed to have happened in the Bible (in this case it is not just as easy for you because of bias)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 14:262 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Are you trying to tell us that because the battery is only used to start the car then it is not required at all?

Of course Christians don't bother with batteries, fuel, maintenance and all that unnecessary stuff, they trust God to magically keep their cars going.

You are priceless!
    you can start your vehicle and disconnect the battery, it will still keep running, in fact,
    its a valid test to prove that your alternator is in goods condition, a diesel vehicle works
    on compression and the only necessity for a battery is to initially warm the piston
    chamber and turn the engine. No we comply fully with the manufacturers maintenance
    guidelines and yes we are priceless, precious in Gods eyes, thank you for
    acknowledging the fact.

you may find this interesting, i do.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel1.htm
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 15:46
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]Is there a reason you count what people present as evidence [for the existence of "G"od], worthless? Don't you have to look at the total picture and see if there are points there?...
    The big picture is looking at this "evidence" and assessing its likelyhood of being valid by considering what we know about the world now, and acknowledging ...[text shortened]... happened in the Bible (in this case it is not just as easy for you because of bias)[/b]
    You dismiss it. But how can you be sure it is worthless?
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 17:563 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Because stupid people find it convincing! Reveal Hidden Content
    Any \"evidence\" touted to vindicate the claims that a supposedly complex supernatural entity exists, a philosophical question that has taxed some of the most capable minds throughout the centuries - without prompting any head-scratching on the part of the RBHILLs amongst us, is pretty much guaranteed to be worthless.

How does that grab ya? :]
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 18:16
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Are you trying to tell us that because the battery is only used to start the car then it is not required at all?

Of course Christians don't bother with batteries, fuel, maintenance and all that unnecessary stuff, they trust God to magically keep their cars going.

You are priceless!
    i think my use of the "holy" bible to raise a battery in my car hit a nerve in poor old robbie. he's thinking less clearly than is usual and struck out with absurdities galore in his rant.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i think my use of the "holy" bible to raise a battery in my car hit a nerve in poor old robbie. he's thinking less clearly than is usual and struck out with absurdities galore in his rant.
    there were no absurdities, simply sound engineering of which you reprobates seem
    ignorant. You can mock God all you like, but you'll be sowwy!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 19:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He cannot because the wisdom of scripture has been hidden from the so called, 'wise
    and intellectual ones', their self reliance and arrogance prevent them from seeing its
    wisdom.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there were no absurdities, simply sound engineering of which you reprobates seem
    ignorant. You can mock God all you like, but you'll be sowwy!
    we'll have a couple of beers and laugh at your inanities.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 15:393 edits
    we'll have a couple of beers and laugh at your inanities.
    How bout a Guinness-Killians God off? Lets see if we can get god drunk. Robbie, you get your god down here, we will see what it is made of.....

We can see who will be left still able to play a blues riff....

How well would your god play Layla?
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How bout a Guinness-Killians God off? Lets see if we can get god drunk. Robbie, you get your god down here, we will see what it is made of.....

We can see who will be left still able to play a blues riff....

How well would your god play Layla?
    i'm not sure if it's a good idea to get robbie's god drunk. you know how he gets when he's had too much to drink. next thing you know we'll have another flood on our hands, or new york will go off in a flaming fireball surrounded by salt-statues of people who looked.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 19:51
    i'm not sure if it's a good idea to get robbie's god drunk. you know how he gets when he's had too much to drink. next thing you know we'll have another flood on our hands, or new york will go off in a flaming fireball surrounded by salt-statues of people who looked.
    even the Christ was mocked by infidels, you reap what you sow, 4sure.
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 23:02
    even the Christ was mocked by infidels, you reap what you sow, 4sure.
    Oh you flatter yourself. I do not think it is really Christ that was being mocked you know.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 23:301 edit
    an examination of the natural world reveals, incredible beauty, complexity, harmony,
    order, intelligence, power, wisdom and love.
    Now imagine you are on the surface of Venus. What would you think of the creator then?

One thousand degrees F, atmosphere mostly sulfuric acid and the pressure there 1500 PSI, 100 times that of Earth, no oxygen....
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 23:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]Is there a reason you count what people present as evidence [for the existence of "G"od], worthless? Don't you have to look at the total picture and see if there are points there?...
    The big picture is looking at this "evidence" and assessing its likelyhood of being valid by considering what we know about the world now, and acknowledging ...[text shortened]... happened in the Bible (in this case it is not just as easy for you because of bias)[/b]
    Worthless suggests to me that you've not taken anything seriously. I cannot say that what people present to me to show me the universe is billions of years old as worthless, but I don't have to agree if I don't buy into why the claims are being made.
    The argument that the Earth is billions of years old, and the manner in which they arrived at that figure, is far more sophisticated than "God made the earth 6000 years ago [by magic!]"

Actually, it maybe much more sophisticated and still be wrong! The issue you
    have and it is a very large one is the how and why is everything here? If you
    don't know that you no real way of applying any system of measurement to
    this place for age. It would just like looking at a candle and being able to tell
    me how long the flame has been burning just by doing a measurement on
    the amount of candle you think has been burned, and the rate of the current
    burn. If you don't know when it was lit you cannot get that info just by looking.
    You can GUESS that is possible, but you cannot know. So if God created
    all things no distant or rate you apply is going to tell you how old this place
    is. Since you don't know how or why all of this is here, that God created is still
    a valid possible way.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 23:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now imagine you are on the surface of Venus. What would you think of the creator then?

One thousand degrees F, atmosphere mostly sulfuric acid and the pressure there 1500 PSI, 100 times that of Earth, no oxygen....
    Well obviously on Earth it is cool to be nice to God but maybe if I found myself thinking about creators and stuff at One thousand degrees F, atmosphere mostly sulfuric acid and the pressure there 1500 PSI, 100 times that of Earth, no oxygen... maybe I would think I was in the wrong place for all that and start trying to improve my relationship with Lucifer, who would obviously be the guy in charge around there. For your average Jehovah's Witness this might be hard to carry off, but then once I explained that I had been spreading hate messages about Islam we should soon find some common ground and I am sure he needs a reliable tormentor, which is by any standard one of my great talents.

Love

Robbie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree