1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 11:271 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Everything came from nothing? No.
    So where did it come from, how did it get here? You got anything or is God still the
    best and only answer to that question so far?
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 11:452 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So where did it come from, how did it get here? You got anything or is God still the
    best and [b]only answer
    to that question so far?
    Kelly[/b]
    No, it is just one of an infinite number of equally supported possible answers and happens to be the one that you have picked due to your upbringing and life circumstances.

--- Penguin
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 11:57
    Where do you think everything came from, since its been dated as its so old that
    means it had a beginning, or do you instead of calling God one who lives forever
    now claim the universe does?
    Kelly
    are you suggesting that if science hasnt figured out the answer to a question, rather than waiting until we have figured it out we should just guess?

do you feel the same about all other scientific matters? all the things we currently do not know should we just abandon them and just say its gods work?

i do not claim anything about the universe a few seconds after the big bang, because i do not know, im aware of a few theories that are interesting, but they are just theories at the moment. i wouldnt be stupid enough to start guessing based on what i would like to believe.

why does the universe being give a date mean it had a beginning?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 11:58
    best and [b]only answer
    to that question so far?
    Kelly[/b]
    do you accept that there is a possibility you might be wrong?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 14:47
    best and [b]only answer
    to that question so far?
    Kelly[/b]
    So where did it come from, how did it get here?

Absolutely no idea, and neither do you. As Donny Rumsfeld said, 'it's a known unknown'. I'm quite content to say 'i don't know', for some reason you've taken to the ancient Jewish mythology.

You got anything or is God still the best and [b]only answer to that question so far?[/b]

But which God? Yahweh, Zeus, Wodan, Thor, Mangala etc etc?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 14:50
    Making fun of my beliefs don't excuse yours.
    Kelly
    Kelly, that you believe there were vegetarian T-Rex's, along with an assortment of other dinosaurs, living on a big wooden boat whilst the earth had been flooded by an incompetent creator God is, without doubt, the most bonkers belief i have come across in my 33 years on this planet.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 14:55
    That's right Rob, and i came to conclusion after reading numerous books on the topic and evaluating the evidence with my own mind. Remember, this was something you professed to do until it was discovered that you actually did no such thing. Not only did you do no such thing, you have no intention of doing any such thing.
    The silence is deafening. 🙂
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 15:32
    Originally posted by NOTGATE
    What would you accept as evidence of a creator?
    Happy Now! coming here n causing trouble.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 17:25
    Kelly, that you believe there were vegetarian T-Rex's, along with an assortment of other dinosaurs, living on a big wooden boat whilst the earth had been flooded by an incompetent creator God is, without doubt, the most bonkers belief i have come across in my 33 years on this planet.
    The thing really stupid about that myth is thinking a god would be so pissed at mankind not doing what it wanted them to do and killing EVERYBODY but a few on the Ark but also killing ALL the animal life on the planet, killing trillions of beings because it was so incompetent it couldn't just selectively kill all those nasty pesky humans and just leave the planet like it was and just leave Noah and company alone?

What a preposterously self centered tale that is, that a god would be so pee'd at humans it would kill almost all life on the planet to spite humans.

I don't understand how people can be taken in by such a preposterous myth AND think it real. Ridiculous in the extreme.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 17:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think any record of human activity spanning thousands of years to be worthless, Bach certainly didn't think so when he was using it as inspiration, nor did Titian, nor Carravagio. Buy a car battery that is the equivalent amperage for your car , the Bible has some excellent advice on how to live simply enabling you to save for it and also so ...[text shortened]... ould negate driving a car that is unsafe,

clearly you have no idea what values it holds.
    there was no proper sized battery. i needed one and that was the only one available.
    i know the exact value it holds. to prop up a battery. in that it was more useful to me than all the words contained within.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I just can't accept this all happened by chance or accident. I think it's mathematically impossible. .

Manny
    How do you explain your god then? Did he happen by chance or accident?
    Whatever explanation you have for your god use that as your explanation
    for the universe. Much simpler!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    there was no proper sized battery. i needed one and that was the only one available.
    i know the exact value it holds. to prop up a battery. in that it was more useful to me than all the words contained within.
    you ignostic, you don't know anything, you do not need a battery to run a motor
    vehicle, the battery is merely used to provide power to get it started, after which the
    alternator provides power, if its petroleum you need a battery to initially provide a
    charge to the electrodes in the spark plug or heat from glow plugs if its diesel (diesel
    actually works on compression thereafter). Naturally a Christian would not worry about
    such things as God provides all things because he loves us and we are precious in his
    eyes.
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 20:021 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you ignostic, you don't know anything, you do not need a battery to run a motor
    vehicle, the battery is merely used to provide power to get it started, after which the
    alternator provides power, if its petroleum you need a battery to initially provide a
    charge to the electrodes in the spark plug or heat from glow plugs if its diesel (diesel
    a ...[text shortened]...
    such things as God provides all things because he loves us and we are precious in his
    eyes.
    Are you trying to tell us that because the battery is only used to start the car then it is not required at all?

Of course Christians don't bother with batteries, fuel, maintenance and all that unnecessary stuff, they trust God to magically keep their cars going.

You are priceless!
  14. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 21:09
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the difference is, evolution from inanimate matter is improbable and noahs ark is impossible.

id go for improbable over impossible every time.
    1st you say:
    just to clarify so you dont make the same mistake again - atheist do not believe the universe came from nothing.

and then you say:
    the difference is, evolution from inanimate matter is improbable and noahs ark is impossible.
    id go for improbable over impossible every time.

Just to clarify, it is clear that your story book is lecturing that the start of everything came from absolute nothing. Thus your own evidence is that evolution started from nothing. KellyJay's remark is thus right, you're the one that is mistaken.
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 21:25
    [b]So where did it come from, how did it get here?

Absolutely no idea, and neither do you. As Donny Rumsfeld said, 'it's a known unknown'. I'm quite content to say 'i don't know', for some reason you've taken to the ancient Jewish mythology.

You got anything or is God still the best and [b]only answer to that question so far?[/b]

But which God? Yahweh, Zeus, Wodan, Thor, Mangala etc etc?[/b]
    Everybody knows that what Donny said is true (what was referenced here), yet you still believe it could not have been God that is the creator? It just had to be something else, something else that was thumb sucked by a imbecile.

I think it is only fair that if Christians refer to God, it's the Christian God. All other 'gods' will be referred directly to their human created names.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree