1. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Go to the Science Forum if you want peer review material. Those in the past could not find anything for several reasons. One was that the dummies were looking in the wrong place.
    Where should they have looked?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 18:27
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    Where should they have looked?
    Galatians 4:25
    New King James Version (NKJV)

"Mount Sinai in Arabia"
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 18:42
    Galatians 4:25
    New King James Version (NKJV)

[b]"Mount Sinai in Arabia"
    [/b]
    So where is Mount Sinai? Also, did they spend the entire four decades at Mount Sinai? If they did, did they magically transport themselves there (and away four decades later) so as not to leave a trail?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 19:44
    So where is Mount Sinai? Also, did they spend the entire four decades at Mount Sinai? If they did, did they magically transport themselves there (and away four decades later) so as not to leave a trail?
    The Real Mount Sinai Found in Saudi Arabia

YouTube
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 19:52
    The Real Mount Sinai Found in Saudi Arabia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mB5Aw14e4M
    Please address my questions instead of linking to videos.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 20:46
    It could be any of the Pharaohs for all I care. I am only interested in the date of the exodus according to the Holy Bible. Was Bishop Ussher's calculations right or could there be more years to go before we reach 6,000 years of human history? According to the Jews there is about 225 years more to go, but they admit not counting certain times.
    What I was getting at is that the 480 figure looks to me as if it is based on numerology rather than accurate record keeping. The dates we have for the Egyptian Pharaohs are pretty imprecise too.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:26
    Please address my questions instead of linking to videos.
    The video answers your questions. A video is worth more than a thousand words.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:311 edit
    The video answers your questions. A video is worth more than a thousand words.
    If the video answers my questions, then please tell me what the answers are.

This forum is a place for discussion/debate. If you wish to watch and discuss videos, there are places for that (for example youtube). This forum is not among those places.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:40
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What I was getting at is that the 480 figure looks to me as if it is based on numerology rather than accurate record keeping. The dates we have for the Egyptian Pharaohs are pretty imprecise too.
    I believe this site Chronology of the Judges before the times of the Kings shows the 480 years is based on real time and not numerology as you suggest.

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-route-date-chronology-of-judges.htm
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 06:03
    I believe this site Chronology of the Judges before the times of the Kings shows the 480 years is based on real time and not numerology as you suggest.

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-route-date-chronology-of-judges.htm
    Here is a timeline I found that seems to give close approximate dates (just a year off) to what we have:

B.C.
    1407 Moses dies; Joshua conquers Canaan
    1400 Conquest of Canaan completed
    1377 Akhnaton becomes pharaoh; inaugurates monotheistic reforms
    1375 Othniel becomes judge
    1319 Ehud becomes judge
    1318 Rameses I founds the 19th dynasty in Egypt
    1240 Deborah and Barak judge Israel
    1194 Gideon becomes judge
    1167 Eli born
    1155 Abimelech usurps power in Israel
    1152 Tola becomes judge
    1131 Jair becomes judge
    1109 Eli becomes priest
    1105 Samuel born
    1089 Jephthah becomes judge
    1083 Ibzan becomes judge
    1071 Elon becomes judge; Samson becomes judge
    1069 Samuel begins to minister
    1066 Abdon becomes judge
    1043 Saul becomes king
    1011 Saul and Jonathan slain; David becomes king of Judah
    1004 David becomes king over all Israel
    971 Solomon ascends the throne
    966 Solomon begins to build the Temple in Jerusalem

http://www.bible-history.com/rome/RomeTimeline__Biblical_History.htm
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 06:382 edits
    Bishop Ussher gave 2348 B.C. as his calculated date of the Flood. If we again subtract the 45 year time difference we had for the Exodus, then the adjusted date of the flood would be 2303 B.C.

The date of the beginning of the reign of the first king of China is given in wikipedia as King Yu in 2194 B.C. However, that would give only a little over a hundred years for a new civilization to arise to start building the tower of Babel and the confusing of the language by God. That does not seem to be enough time to have a high enough population.

The period before King Yu is spoken of as mythology and mentions a flood period, during the period of the Emperors, that could have started about a hundred years before. It credits the Great Yu as conquering the flood before he became king. I suppose the Great Yu is the same as King Yu. However this part is just mythology and does not give enough information about it in the wikipedia artcle.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 19:30
    Bishop Ussher gave 2348 B.C. as his calculated date of the Flood. If we again subtract the 45 year time difference we had for the Exodus, then the adjusted date of the flood would be 2303 B.C.

The date of the beginning of the reign of the first king of China is given in wikipedia as King Yu in 2194 B.C. However, that would give only a little over a hundr ...[text shortened]... is part is just mythology and does not give enough information about it in the wikipedia artcle.
    The only hole in your theory is there was no world wide flood. Period. Floods did not carve out the Grand Canyon and there were no world wide floods in China either. NOBODY at that time could have seen a world wide flood and so what was written down about a flood in say, Pakistan or whatever it was called ATT, it would not have effected Australia or China.

Your evidence for a WW flood is ALL bogus, written by creationists who want to BEND whatever evidence they think they can find to fit their theory rather than seeking the truth of the matter.

And they call themselves scientists. That is a laugh, because you don't EVER go into a subject with a built in bias and NOBODY came into evolution with a built in bias, most of the scientists were nay sayers and got converted by looking at the unbiased evidence, totally unlike your creationist buddies who will outright lie, distort facts, and such to make people believe in creationism which is their goal since they thumb their nose at real science. They can have ten advanced degrees but if they come into a subject with the idea of proving ONE theory, they are not scientists, they are schlocks who should turn in their degrees and become bus drivers.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 20:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The only hole in your theory is there was no world wide flood. Period. Floods did not carve out the Grand Canyon and there were no world wide floods in China either. NOBODY at that time could have seen a world wide flood and so what was written down about a flood in say, Pakistan or whatever it was called ATT, it would not have effected Australia or China. ...[text shortened]... y are not scientists, they are schlocks who should turn in their degrees and become bus drivers.
    Your so-called scientists haven't been able to find anything. All the real evidence of the Exodus has been found by Biblical explorers, because your so-called scientist are too dumb to look in the right place for the evidence.

But you choose to remain willingly ignorant of the whole matter and mock the God of Heaven with your lies.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 01:35
    Your so-called scientists haven't been able to find anything. All the real evidence of the Exodus has been found by Biblical explorers, because your so-called scientist are too dumb to look in the right place for the evidence.

But you choose to remain willingly ignorant of the whole matter and mock the God of Heaven with your lies.
    I could give a rats ass about the exodus, so what when or if it happened. I said there was no WW flood. Period and all the mudslinging creationist video's from here to a thousand years from now won't change that fact.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 02:382 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I could give a rats ass about the exodus, so what when or if it happened. I said there was no WW flood. Period and all the mudslinging creationist video's from here to a thousand years from now won't change that fact.
    Just because you say there was no worldwide flood does not make it so. There is much evidence for the worldwide flood and very little evidence against it. Even some seculsr scientists believe in evidence of a worldwide flood or at least a series of floods that covered most of the world. They just don't believe this happened as recently as the Holy Bible says.

Finding the Great Flood in Big Bend

YouTube

Earth's 'underground oceans' could have three times more water than the surface

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/earths-underground-oceans-could-have-three-times-more-water-than-the-surface-9534266.html

Perhaps this is the source of the fountains of the great deep spoken of in the Holy Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree