1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 16:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sounds like a bad case of burrying your head in the sand here. So these words by Jesus mean nothing and we are to go about with our day to day life and just let God worry about the future? For real?

Luke 17:26-30 (New International Version)

26 “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People wer ...[text shortened]... gs are in his word and written to us?
    Should Noah not have taken his future seriously?
    So these words by Jesus mean nothing and we are to go about with our day to day life and just let God worry about the future? For real?

what about these words by Jesus: Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. It seems to me that God IS saying live day by day. Nowhere in the passage that you quoted does Jesus say we should get panicky and fixated on the future, after all its in God's hands

Don't worry about anything. All you have to do is go to church and put your money in the collection plate, say you believe in Jesus and your saved..No worry's at all."

Where to begin with this statement? okay here goes: say you believe in Jesus? I can say I believe in the easter bunny but that doesn't make it real. No church that I know of would condone that type of lip service to God, and frankly I think God can tell the difference between those that believe and those that don't, I'll let him be the judge. As far as going to church: standing in a church doesn't make you a Christiian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car...nuff said.

More than once you've made reference to putting money in a collection plate as if Christians buy their salvation, that idea is ludicrous. As far as taking a collection, well that part is biblical, to not do so means you are not following biblical teaching...nuff said.

So how exactly is this an insult to God as these and many more warnings are in his word and written to us?
    Should Noah not have taken his future seriously?

First let me complete the scriptural qoutation, as you seem to have forgotten the preamble which puts it into context:

Luke 17: 20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

the coming is not something that can be observed...Jesus' words not mine. The kingdom is in your midst. You have failed to grasp the meaning of that passage...Epic FAIL!

I could go on busting you up all day on this if you like, but I am afraid you will not listen to someone better educated than yourself (because they don't belong to your denomination)...too bad because you could learn something
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 18:21
    Originally posted by duecer
    [b]So these words by Jesus mean nothing and we are to go about with our day to day life and just let God worry about the future? For real?

what about these words by Jesus: Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. It seems to me that God IS saying live day by day. ...[text shortened]... e they don't belong to your denomination)...too bad because you could learn something[/b]
    Did I ever say to panic? Did I say to freak out? Is that what those scriptures are saying to do? It's certianly not what I'm implying as your implying that I am.
    As usual your taking the first impression and running with it instead of thinking on it for a few minutes and mayby asking a question or two first.
    Obviously the scriptures I quoted we're not written by me or put in the Bible by me. These we're directly from Jesus and if you personally refuse to see them for there importance and seriousness of them that's fine.
    Again it is sad when so many as yourself see no importance in scriptures such as these. And that all goes back to the churches who don't see it and as a result don't teach this to their flocks or go out to "all the world as Jesus commanded" and explain and teach what the coming future holds for us all.
    Again the snare is you are taught all you have to do is believe in Jesus and your saved... So yes from your viewpoint you apparently have nothing to worry about. Right? Your saved..right? Your in safe and sound..Right?
    So you didn't answer the question about Noah....Should he have taken your viewpoint about his future and just said: "God..I'll let you handle this one. That's your job"
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 18:25
    Did I ever say to panic? Did I say to freak out? Is that what those scriptures are saying to do? It's certianly not what I'm implying as your implying that I am.
    As usual your taking the first impression and running with it instead of thinking on it for a few minutes and mayby asking a question or two first.
    Obviously the scriptures I quoted we're no ...[text shortened]... out his future and just said: "God..I'll let you handle this one. That's your job"
    I'll answer your Noah question when you answer this: When was the last time God came to you personally and asked you to do something specific? Never?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 18:39
    I'll answer your Noah question when you answer this: When was the last time God came to you personally and asked you to do something specific? Never?
    What? Of course not. He gave us the Bible to direct us.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 19:40
    What? Of course not. He gave us the Bible to direct us.
    which is what makes your original question somewhat absurd. you are comparing apples and broccoli.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 19:42
    which is what makes your original question somewhat absurd. you are comparing apples and broccoli.
    Which question was that? You should be more specific as I asked a few of them.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 19:46
    Which question was that? You should be more specific as I asked a few of them.
    I addressed all your questions except Noah in my previous long winded post, and then I believe I just addressed that one as well in my last post.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 19:57
    Obviously the scriptures I quoted we're no ...[text shortened]... out his future and just said: "God..I'll let you handle this one. That's your job"
    Again it is sad when so many as yourself see no importance in scriptures such as these. And that all goes back to the churches who don't see it and as a result don't teach this to their flocks or go out to "all the world as Jesus commanded" and explain and teach what the coming future holds for us all.

first: you have made a false assumption. I did not say it was unimportant, I merely pointed out the flaw in your interpretation, big difference. We can go round and round about what Christ expects from us, I will win that argument again, but will have waisted my breath...again.

second: Yes you do freak out. You may not be exactly chicken little crying the sky is falling, but your hope is to rile people to action by asserting that the "time" is close. Again, you have misinterpreted that passage, that passage is specifically about the destruction of the temple. At the destruction of the temple the center of religous and spiritual life is no longer in a building, but is everywhere around you. try and re-read it from that perspective, it may change your mind
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:261 edit
    I addressed all your questions except Noah in my previous long winded post, and then I believe I just addressed that one as well in my last post.
    You mentioned nothing of Naoh.....and as usual I'm the one waisting time. Go ahead with your day to day activities and ignor Jesus's warnings. Again I didn't say that, he did.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 23:25
    More scriptures that speak of a time to watch out for and acknowledge.

Mark 13:3-23 (New International Version)

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew asked him privately, 4 “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?”

5 Jesus said to them: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 6 Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many. 7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

12 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 13 Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 “When you see ‘the abomination that causes desolation’[a] standing where it[b] does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let no one on the housetop go down or enter the house to take anything out. 16 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 17 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18 Pray that this will not take place in winter, 19 because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.

20 “If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. 21 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. 22 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 02:31
    Didn't Noah have about 100 years to actually build the ark? Just do what God wants all the time and you have no worry about it.

Manny
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 03:28
    You mentioned nothing of Naoh.....and as usual I'm the one waisting time. Go ahead with your day to day activities and ignor Jesus's warnings. Again I didn't say that, he did.
    you have reading comprehension issues, no offense, but it's true.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 18:17
    you have reading comprehension issues, no offense, but it's true.
    Huh? Lol.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 18:29
    Originally posted by menace71
    Didn't Noah have about 100 years to actually build the ark? Just do what God wants all the time and you have no worry about it.

Manny
    Yes he did but considering what he had to do I'm sure he felt tons of pressure. I know I would have.
    But the point I'm trying to get Deucer to see is what Jesus said and it was for a very important reason and it's something we have to pay constant attention to as with world events. If it wasn't serious then why did he say it?
    Jesus used the example of the fig tree blooming with new leaves. Once we see these things then we know from "all the signs" that it is getting near.
    We can't be passive like the ones in Noah's day that paid no attention and just kept doing their everyday jobs or respondsabilities or whatever.
    Like you said they all saw this ark being bulit for a hundred years but they still didn't believe what God told Noah to do, made fun of him, no doubt scoffed and told him he was crazy and why waist time on such a stupid idea. After all no one heard God say this but Noah.
    Kinda like Deucer is doing here by saying it's not important to pay attention. How can someone feel that way when their life is at stake and Jesus took the time to give us a clear and simple warning?
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 18:441 edit
    Yes he did but considering what he had to do I'm sure he felt tons of pressure. I know I would have.
    But the point I'm trying to get Deucer to see is what Jesus said and it was for a very important reason and it's something we have to pay constant attention to as with world events. If it wasn't serious then why did he say it?
    Jesus used the example their life is at stake and Jesus took the time to give us a clear and simple warning?
    What happens when a farmer is looking all around his fields while plowing? his rows will overlap or be zig zagged. When our foucs is taken off the things that Christ wants from us (i.e. worrying about "signs" ) our work suffers. Spend less time worrying about when, and more time worrying about who.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree