1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:01
    Originally posted by duecer
    What happens when a farmer is looking all around his fields while plowing? his rows will overlap or be zig zagged. When our foucs is taken off the things that Christ wants from us (i.e. worrying about "signs" ) our work suffers. Spend less time worrying about when, and more time worrying about who.
    This has nothing to do with plowing a field my friend. You and your families life's are at stake. But then that being already saved thing get's in the way here again. You are already saved and don't have to worry about Jesus's warnings. Right?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    This has nothing to do with plowing a field my friend. You and your families life's are at stake. But then that being already saved thing get's in the way here again. You are already saved and don't have to worry about Jesus's warnings. Right?
    its called an illustration....
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:141 edit
    Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Ignore Christ at your own peril
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:19
    its called an illustration....
    I know....
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:21
    Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Ignore Christ at your own peril
    It appears you take the advice of a couple scriptures that seemingly give you an easy way to do things but you ignor the rest that shows a little work in involved. Head in the sand again.
    ARE YOU SAVED? You keep avoiding that question...
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:21
    I know....
    could have fooled me...
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:23
    It appears you take the advice of a couple scriptures that seemingly give you an easy way to do things but you ignor the rest that shows a little work in involved. Head in the sand again.
    ARE YOU SAVED? You keep avoiding that question...
    I am saved every day by the Grace of God through Christ, and not by any merit of my own works or worthiness.

I take the advice of all scriptures, the difference is I know what they mean (mostly not always). Your interpretation of the scripture in the op is waaaaay off.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:02
    I am saved every day by the Grace of God through Christ, and not by any merit of my own works or worthiness.

I take the advice of all scriptures, the difference is I know what they mean (mostly not always). Your interpretation of the scripture in the op is waaaaay off.
    So those scriptures don't apply to you then and that's why you ignor and honestly don't think they do? If they don't apply to you "who is NOT saved as the Bible does not teach or imply that in anyway" who would they apply to? Must be somebody because Jesus said to watch and pay attention to them.
    It could not apply to ones who are not Christian because they wouldn't have the Bible to begin with so it would have to be his followers. Are you not a follower of Jesus? Does not the whole Bible apply to you or are you now exempt from parts of it?
    Did Jesus say this only applys to ones who weren't saved? Did Jesus say if your already saved, don't pay attention to this part, your in and no worries?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:02

Right.......Lol.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 22:47
    So those scriptures don't apply to you then and that's why you ignor and honestly don't think they do? If they don't apply to you "who is NOT saved as the Bible does not teach or imply that in anyway" who would they apply to? Must be somebody because Jesus said to watch and pay attention to them.
    It could not apply to ones who are not Christian because ...[text shortened]... us say if your already saved, don't pay attention to this part, your in and no worries?
    those prophecies were about the destruction of the temple in 70 AD and again in135 AD. The kingdom of God is here, you're missing it because you are waiting for something better.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 23:47
    those prophecies were about the destruction of the temple in 70 AD and again in135 AD. The kingdom of God is here, you're missing it because you are waiting for something better.
    Don't think so. Now your missing the main points of these scriptures and it has a much larger fulfillment the the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE.

1) If it soley applied to 70 CE than Jesus would have returned in some form in 70 CE. Did the Apostles not ask when his sign would be of his return?

2) He said you would hear or wars and reports of wars and nation against nation. Nothing of the sort was happening at that time in history. Since WW1 in 1914 the world has known no peace and is in fact at war on many fronts today. All one has to do is type in Wars of the 20th & 21st centuries online and see the facts.
    This point Jesus made has never applied to any other time period in mans history as it does now.

3) There were no great earthquakes or food shortages earthwide at the time when Jerusalem was destroyed. Verse 7.

4) The Good News of the Kingdom had not been preached to "All the Nations" as it is being done today. Verse 14.

5) Verses 29-31 were not fulfilled then.

6) The Faithfull and Descreet Slave had not been identified yet. Verse 45.

Yes there was an obvious minor fulfillment with Jeruslaem in 70 CE but the major fulfillment is happening now. Just a few points that prove this did not just apply in 70 CE.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 00:461 edit
    Don't think so. Now your missing the main points of these scriptures and it has a much larger fulfillment the the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE.

1) If it soley applied to 70 CE than Jesus would have returned in some form in 70 CE. Did the Apostles not ask when his sign would be of his return?

2) He said you would hear or wars and reports of wa fulfillment is happening now. Just a few points that prove this did not just apply in 70 CE.
    there was in fact an earthquake, there was in fact famine in certain cities (fact of life then). There was constant war, in fact the destruction of the temple was an act of war by the Romans. The gospel had been preached to all the "known" world. Nope sorry, have to disagree.

Matthew 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

etc etc etc...
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 01:29
    there was in fact an earthquake, there was in fact famine in certain cities (fact of life then). There was constant war, in fact the destruction of the temple was an act of war by the Romans. The gospel had been preached to all the "known" world. Nope sorry, have to disagree.

Matthew 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top t ...[text shortened]... esus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

etc etc etc...
    I give up but I hope someday soon you'll want to see the truth of those scriptures because your seriously wrong. Take care....
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 01:32
    Matthew 24:3-21 (New International Version)

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am ...[text shortened]... this had a minor fulfilment with Jerusalem, where are we now in realtion to a major fulfilment?
    Any thoughts on what the birth pains are that Jesus is refering to in verse 8?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 05:20
    Yes he did but considering what he had to do I'm sure he felt tons of pressure. I know I would have.
    But the point I'm trying to get Deucer to see is what Jesus said and it was for a very important reason and it's something we have to pay constant attention to as with world events. If it wasn't serious then why did he say it?
    Jesus used the example ...[text shortened]... their life is at stake and Jesus took the time to give us a clear and simple warning?
    Well I think the key is to do your masters bidding regardless of the times. The times have been troublesome even when Jesus spoke these words on the earth. I think it's balance. Stay awake for you know not the hour your master will come home yet do not be afraid for your redemption draws neigh 🙂

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree