1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 15:09
    Originally posted by genius
    if it wasn't for the chief priests he wouldn't have been standing there Also, it was the people that wanted him crucified (backed up by the priests, according to john) not pilate.
    Which “people?” How many of them? The big mukety-mucks among the Sadducees and a handful of their minions? How big do you think Pilate’s courtyard was? Ahhh!

I’m done with you, you ignorant twit.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 15:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes, but they made a killing on the parking. At a shekel per donkey, Herod was raking it in.
    Double if a cart was attached. The fig concessions did a brisk business too...
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes, but they made a killing on the parking. At a shekel per donkey, Herod was raking it in.
    Double post...
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 15:347 edits
    Song for All the "Jews Killed Christ" Jokers

The Jews killed Jesus, this they know,
    for the Bible tells them so.
    And when we die we’re goin’ to hell;
    I’m hopin’ for a breezy cell.

The Bible it is never wrong
    ’cause it’s been around so long.
    But when I read John’s gospel news,
    it’s clear he didn’t like them Jews.

Yes, Pilate loves you
    Yes, Pilate loves you
    Yes, Pilate loves you—

A Roman told me so.

They say that Mary knew no man,
    just like my old aunty Ann.
    When she had a son, we mourned the loss
    for we knew he’d die on a cross.

You do not like my song, you say?
    Well, I tried ev’ry other way.
    Now the wordy idols need to crash,
    welcome to the Bible bash.

Yes, Pilate loves you...

Now at last I’m unbound and free,
    Thank you, Mel, for the golden key.
    You may think I’m sunk in sin,
    but I’ll take that bet, and just grin.

I'll no longer read your holy book,
    you’ve bent it into hook and crook.
    Now all of you are not the same,
    still—I’ll thump the idols without shame.

Yes, Pilate loves you...

You think I show you no respect?
    What pray-tell do you expect?
    You who think you’ve all the truth,
    “It must be true by faith, forsooth.

Keep your mind inside your sleeve,
    ask no questions, just believe!”
    Now I may be a bit unfair,
    but blind believers please beware.

Yes, Pilate loves you...
  5. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 15:51
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Which “people?” How many of them? The big mukety-mucks among the Sadducees and a handful of their minions? How big do you think Pilate’s courtyard was? Ahhh!

I’m done with you, you ignorant twit.
    i'm sorry for pointing out that it was the chief priests that tried to prosecute him under their law. indeed, they said that he should be killed and would have done so themselves if it wasn't for the Romans. and you claim that it was the romans that had him killed?

pray tell, why am i ignorant? because i haven't studied modern judaism as much as you have?

meh
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 17:351 edit
    i'm sorry for pointing out that it was the chief priests that tried to prosecute him under their law. indeed, they said that he should be killed and would have done so themselves if it wasn't for the Romans. and you claim that it was the romans that had him killed?

pray tell, why am i ignorant? because i haven't studied modern judaism as much as you have?

meh
    You’re backpedaling. Words like “they” and “the people” and “the Jews” are easy to throw around.

i think you mean,"They did kill the son of God after all". they know they killed Jesus...

“They KNOW they killed Jesus.” [my caps] KNOW-present tense! As a 20-year-old university student whose first language I assume is English, I conclude that you know exactly what you’re trying to say.

The Sadducees were not “the Jews,” they were one group who represented the temple hierarchy. With a few exceptions, the Sadducees and the Pharisees, for example, were adversaries. The Essenes considered the Sadducees to be illegitimate and corrupt, and the zealots viewed them as collaborators. Get yourself a good study Bible with historical commentary—for the New Testament!

And, by the way, the Romans did kill Jesus, if the gospels are to be believed; and at least some of the Sadducees were complicit, if the gospels are to be believed; and some Jews (the “crowd” ), incited by the chief priests (Mark), called for Jesus crucifixion, if the gospels are to be believed.

Further, the Ioudaion, “Jews,” at least sometimes referred simply to residents of Judea, as opposed to Galilee or the diaspora. Different NT authors seem to use the word in different ways. For example, Nicodemus “a Pharisee and leader of ‘the Jews’” (John 3:1) could not have been a leader of all the Jews because of the enmity between the different Jewish groups. In Acts 21:27, the “Jews of Asia” clearly does not refer to residents of Judea. Etc., etc.

Jesus and his disciples were religious Jews, but they were from Galilee, not Judea. John seems to use “the Jews” for Judeans, for the Jewish religion, and perhaps simply for Jews who were not followers of Jesus—In John 7:13, where it says “Yet no one would speak openly about him for fear of the Jews,” you have to ask yourself who are the non-Jews here? John’s gospel was probably not written much before 90 C.E., and perhaps later. By that time, the temple in Jerusalem had been destroyed, and relations between Jesus’ followers and other Jews had soured considerably, and John may have had some anti-Judaistic animus—his slinging around of the words “the Jews” is at best careless, and who he means must be inferred from context.

Get yourself a good book on New Testament history. This is no longer worth my time.
  7. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 17:572 edits
    You’re backpedaling. Words like “they” and “the people” and “the Jews” are easy to throw around.

[b]i think you mean,"They did kill the son of God after all". they know they killed Jesus...

“They KNOW they killed Jesus.” [my caps] KNOW-present tense! As a 20-year-old university student whose first language I assume is English, I conclude that ...[text shortened]... ntext.

Get yourself a good book on New Testament history. This is no longer worth my time.[/b]
    i was meerly correcting no1. perhaps i should have corrected him by saying " i think you mean 'some jews led to the death of son of God after all'. it is common knowledge that some jews led to the death of jesus"

but that's just being pernickity.

EDIT: also, you say that i should get a good bible commentary to find out about all the random jewish religious sect and their arguments. but really, none of that matters. if you believe the NT then you believe that Moses talked about Jesus. it doesn't matter who killed him. it meerly matters that he did die, but was rasied up to life! his teachings are important, not the fact that the jewish race was spread all over the roman empire...
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 19:26
    I know, brother, I know....

Actually, in my efforts to save mythology from being turned into fantasy by being read literally--I may be more guilty of that than you.
    Vistesd: "Actually, in my efforts to save mythology from being turned into fantasy by being read literally--"

😲 😀

rec-ed
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 19:432 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Well what do you expect the Jews to say? They did kill Jesus after all! Plus they start all the wars in the world!

Mel
    '

Article Twenty-Two: The Powers which Support the Enemy.

"The enemies have been scheming for a long time, and they have consolidated their schemes, in order to achieve what they have achieved. They took advantage of key elements in unfolding events, and accumulated a huge and influential material wealth which they put to the service of implementing their dream. This wealth [permitted them to] take over control of the world media such as news agencies, the press, publication houses, broadcasting and the like. [They also used this] wealth to stir revolutions in various parts of the globe in order to fulfill their interests and pick the fruits. They stood behind the French and the Communist Revolutions and behind most of the revolutions we hear about here and there. They also used the money to establish clandestine organizations which are spreading around the world, in order to destroy societies and carry out Zionist interests. Such organizations are: the Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs, B’nai B’rith and the like. All of them are destructive spying organizations. They also used the money to take over control of the Imperialist states and made them colonize many countries in order to exploit the wealth of those countries and spread their corruption therein. As regards local and world wars, it has come to pass and no one objects, that they stood behind World War I, so as to wipe out the Islamic Caliphate. They collected material gains and took control of many sources of wealth. They obtained the Balfour Declaration and established the League of Nations in order to rule the world by means of that organization. They also stood behind World War II, where they collected immense benefits from trading with war materials and prepared for the establishment of their state. They inspired the establishment of the United Nations and the Security Council to replace the League of Nations, in order to rule the world by their intermediary. There was no war that broke out anywhere without their fingerprints on it: ... "

Taken from the "Hamas Charter"(1988)

http://www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/documents/charter.html
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 00:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What's "the seed of the woman" and did Moses write it?

You are indeed being opaque. Why? Are you unable to communicate clearly?
    Finding the phrase "the seed of the woman" shouldn't be too hard, especially in light of the reference provided, "the begining," or, Genesis. And yes, Moses wrote of the account of creation in Genesis.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 03:08
    can you perhaps give verses that they base these viewpoints upon?

also-were the jews not looking for a messiah that would redeem them? for instance, the first thing Andrew (the disciple) did after hearing Jesus for the first time was to tell his brother, Simon Peter, that he had "'found the Messiah' (that is, the Christ)."

isaiah 7:14, "Therefore, the L ...[text shortened]...

and isaiah 11 also talks about a specific person. who, if not Jesus, do they refer too?
    Immanuel, maybe?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 03:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Finding the phrase "the seed of the woman" shouldn't be too hard, especially in light of the reference provided, "the begining," or, Genesis. And yes, Moses wrote of the account of creation in Genesis.
    I'm glad you'll have such an easy time finding it. Let me know when you have.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 14:46
    I'm glad you'll have such an easy time finding it. Let me know when you have.
    Genesis 3:15, for starters.
  14. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 19:05
    Immanuel, maybe?
    yes-but how do you prive someone is immanuel? they fit the bill? what the prophecies say are true about them? you're gonna look at the person and see if the prophecies are true about him. according to the NT, they're true about Jesus. thus......
  15. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 23:10
    Actually, the entire Old Testament is prophecies about the coming of the Christ from Genesis when God killed animals to cover over the sin of Adam and Eve and promised that a son would come to crush the head of the serpent. "The seed of a woman" women have no sperm, GOD meant the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, the seed of a woman, would crush the head of the serpent(the devil) and he has.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree