1. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    okay, lets just say god did send his son to save us 2000 years ago, what's he been up to since?
    "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." - John 14:2 (King James Version)

"But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God." - Luke 22:69 (New International Version)

Answer your question?

POWERSHAKER
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 22:45
    Originally posted by powershaker
    "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." - John 14:2 (King James Version)

"But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God." - Luke 22:69 (New International Version)

Answer your question?

POWERSHAKER
    no... sorry... doesnt answer it at all, that doesnt tell me what he's been doing for the last 2000 years... my point is before christ there were miracles happening everywhere, burning bushes, booming voices, commandments, seas parting, angels, plagues... and then we have the son of god... after that it all goes a little quiet. if you believe the ot and nt are true then what i'm saying is also true, as the two books back me up... why so quiet..?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 01:551 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    no... sorry... doesnt answer it at all, that doesnt tell me what he's been doing for the last 2000 years... my point is before christ there were miracles happening everywhere, burning bushes, booming voices, commandments, seas parting, angels, plagues... and then we have the son of god... after that it all goes a little quiet. if you believe the ot and nt are true then what i'm saying is also true, as the two books back me up... why so quiet..?
    What if there were burning bushes today? What if there were plagues directed by God? Would you know anything about it? Would you credit him with those events or believe it was inspired by God? Those who walk in the faith and know people who walk in faith can tell you of miracles occuring in their daily lives and in the lives of people they know. They can tell you about people delivered from various vices such as drug and sexual addictions. They can tell you of people who have been healed of various "incurablbe" ailments. I can even tell you of some acounts of people who claim that they have been raised from the dead. Just as it was in the time of Jesus, so it is still happening today only you do not come into contact with such occurances. Also, just as those who doubted and did not belieive the works and claims of Jesus in his day, likewise, there are those today who disbelieve the miracles that may occur today.

As far as God being silent you must admit one thing, however. After 2000 years have past we are sitting here talking about him and his Son. Also, we have the descendants of the former Israelite nation coming together again and reforming a fledgling nation despite all odds as predicted by prophets thousands of years prior. We also have the makings of a potential "Armageddon" developing in the Middle East as predicted by prophets thousands of years prior.

So I ask you. Has God remain silent or have we remained blind?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree