1. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 11:24
    i would like to hear a debate on which religion is the correct one to follow. i myself am non-denomination and i believe in God.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:05
    Originally posted by FORESTNYMPH
    i would like to hear a debate on which religion is the correct one to follow. i myself am non-denomination and i believe in God.
    The God of the bible.
    Heb 11:3
    3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
    (NKJ)

Heb 11:6
    6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    (NKJ)

The key here is to diligently seek Him.

Prov 2:1-6
    1 My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you,
    2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding;
    3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding,
    4 If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures;
    5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
    6 For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
    (NKJ)

Prov 2:9
    9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path.
    (NKJ)

Notice all the "ifs" and "Then".....🙂
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:11
    If you must pick a religion, then at least choose one that is not evangelical in nature.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:14
    Choose the one of your parents. That seems to work for the vast majority of theists.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If you must pick a religion, then at least choose one that is not evangelical in nature.
    I think religion is a poor choice. I define religion as a "manmade" form of worship. Just seek God with your whole heart! Pray and ask ..
  6. Joined
    07 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Choose the one of your parents. That seems to work for the vast majority of theists.
    Thats the problem. I get duped into the religion of my parents, who were dupped by there parents, for centuries on in, since the start of religion, and everyone now believe in God because that is what they were grown up to believe.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think religion is a poor choice. I define religion as a "manmade" form of worship. Just seek God with your whole heart! Pray and ask ..
    Please explain why your religion transcends being labeled a religion.
  8. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:08
    The God of the bible.
    Heb 11:3
    3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
    (NKJ)

Heb 11:6
    6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently se ...[text shortened]... ss and justice, Equity and every good path.
    (NKJ)

Notice all the "ifs" and "Then".....🙂
    iam not seeking God i know and believe that he is - i want to know how do we know which relig does one follow - how can one say if christian or islam or buddasim is the correct - i dont judge anyone or any belief - i respect all beliefs - i was just wondering how one would know - how do we know our Bible is correct - remember the islam and christian bibles are similar in many ways -
  9. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:10
    now that is a answer i can live with - AMEN AND AMEN TO THAT AGAIN AND AGAIN -
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:21
    iam not seeking God i know and believe that he is - i want to know how do we know which relig does one follow - how can one say if christian or islam or buddasim is the correct - i dont judge anyone or any belief - i respect all beliefs - i was just wondering how one would know - how do we know our Bible is correct - remember the islam and christian bibles are similar in many ways -
    You can't "know" that it's correct. It's something you take on "faith".
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:26
    Do you believe in the Bible?

Why did you choose the Bible? Most people choose the religion that is closest to them first and then proceed to believe that it is the right one.

Try resisting the urge to believe in the religions that are closest to the one in your society. It's embedded in you since birth so you are bound to be pre-conditioned to be partial into believing it or at least base your beliefs in it.
  12. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:30
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You can't "know" that it's correct. It's something you take on "faith".
    i apologise - you are correct it is faith - 😉
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:30
    You already have a religion: your own. You should develop your
    own thoughts on it, mull it out, then don't join ANY religion, keep it
    to yourself, you don't need anyone telling you what is the true path
    since only you know what is in your head. Everyone on the planet is
    on exactly the same footing here, nobody is any closer to the truth
    than you are, so follow your own ideas and stay away from any
    organized religion, that way you will be free to speculate and make
    decisions on your own without being coerced by outside speculators.
  14. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Do you believe in the Bible?

Why did you choose the Bible? Most people choose the religion that is closest to them first and then proceed to believe that it is the right one.

Try resisting the urge to believe in the religions that are closest to the one in your society. It's embedded in you since birth so you are bound to be pre-conditioned to be partial into believing it or at least base your beliefs in it.
    all i believe is there is a God - Allah - Greater being or what ever some choose to call him - i have been to hell and back my friend like many others and from experience i now believe there is a God out there. I do not follow my family religion as they do - i have searched a long time and taken many paths and found what i have now - i judge no one - i try very hard to be as humble as possible - i fail alot but i go by the following " i dont look back - i dont look forward - i look within for here i find him"
  15. CAPE
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 14:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You already have a religion: your own. You should develop your
    own thoughts on it, mull it out, then don't join ANY religion, keep it
    to yourself, you don't need anyone telling you what is the true path
    since only you know what is in your head. Everyone on the planet is
    on exactly the same footing here, nobody is any closer to the truth
    than you are, ...[text shortened]... free to speculate and make
    decisions on your own without being coerced by outside speculators.
    thank you - so far the best answer i have heard yet

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree