Who created evil?

Who created evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Disappointing. Not one single Christian has the nuts to stand up for scripture and unecquivocally acknowledge that GOD CREATED EVIL.

Instead we have dodging, deflecting, and evasion.

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Disappointing. Not one single Christian has the nuts to stand up for scripture and unecquivocally acknowledge that GOD CREATED EVIL.

As a Christian, how do you make sense of the realization that God created evil? (Which I agree is scripturally supported).

Moves
02 Aug 17
4 edits

Are you a Christian? Why don't you have the balls to do it?

Did you just blank out checkbaiters post?

"As anyone can see, the word used for evil can also be translated as calamity or disaster, etc. It is not even the same Hebrew word used for evil in Genesis 3:5."

Btw you are starting to sound a lot like chaney3 and Rajk999.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker to divegeester
If the fact you were Fetchmyjunk returning unheralded under a different screen name hadn't been exposed by several of us, including Ghost of a Duke, you could have tried goading divegeester by saying he was starting to sound a lot like Fetchmyjunk. Now, that would have been a stinging reprimand.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @checkbaiter
[b]Isa 45:7
I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.'
NKJV

Isa 45:7
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.
NIV

As anyone can see, the word used for evil can also be translated as calamity or disas ...[text shortened]... 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved. [For more detail see the full copyright page.])[/b][/b]
It seems some people's eyes just don't see this post for some reason, I guess it doesn't
fit their mind set so they ignore it.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
It seems some people's eyes just don't see this post for some reason, I guess it doesn't
fit their mind set so they ignore it.
So, according to Isa 45:7, did your god figure create disaster and calamity ...as well as evil?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
As a Christian, how do you make sense of the realization that God created evil? (Which I agree is scripturally supported).
I've always accepted that God is 100% sovereign and accountable. I have issues with some of the bible and I say so. If God has an issue with me saying so then I'm sure we can have it out over one-to-one at some point. However most/many of the Christians here probably think I "deserve to burn in hell" or am "a child of the devil" or some such other abomination worthy of wrath and doom.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Are you a Christian? Why don't you have the balls to do it?

Did you just blank out checkbaiters post?

"As anyone can see, the word used for evil can also be translated as calamity or disaster, etc. It is not even the same Hebrew word used for evil in Genesis 3:5."

I am a Christian.

Have the balls to do what?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

[b]Isa 45:7
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.'
NKJV

Isa 45:7
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.
NIV

As anyone can see, the word used for evil can also be translated as calamity or disas ...[text shortened]... 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved. [For more detail see the full copyright page.])[/b][/b]
Who's "ranting"? don't be silly you're just piqued.

Let's accept that you are right about the original Greek or whatever it is you have there, and let's accept that God creates disaster and calamity. Don't you think that creating disaster and calamity is of itself evil?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

The real question and where this thread is probably headed, is
"Why did God create Lucifer and Why didn't He just destroy him immediately after his rebellion?"

I found this by E.G.White... It is a good read...

THE ORIGIN OF EVIL
To many minds, the origin of sin and the reason for its existence are a source of great perplexity. They see the work ...[text shortened]... uded not only the inhabitants of Heaven, but of all the worlds that he had created; and Satan...
Yes let's post a foot of sonshipian style text rather than accept what the bible says.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
It seems some people's eyes just don't see this post for some reason,
I guess it doesn't fit their mind set so they ignore it.
Do your eyes see my posts KellyJay?
I guess my posts don't fit your mind so you ignore them.

Hypocrite.

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
If the fact you were Fetchmyjunk returning unheralded under a different screen name hadn't been exposed by several of us, including Ghost of a Duke, you could have tried goading divegeester by saying he was starting to sound a lot like Fetchmyjunk. Now, that would have been a stinging reprimand.
Was Fetchmyjunk attacking his fellow Christians? Don't think so.

Moves
02 Aug 17

Yes let's post a foot of sonshipian style text rather than accept what the bible says.
So in your mind the English translation rather that the original language is what the Bible 'actually says'?

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Was Fetchmyjunk attacking his fellow Christians? Don't think so.
Yes. You have been attacking at least one of your fellow Christians ever since you started using the name Fetchmyjunk in this community.

Moves
02 Aug 17

I am a Christian.

Have the balls to do what?
To come out and say unequivocally that God created evil.